f1
Latest News:

2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 540 of 545
 
Re: News and Stuff
TMT (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 04:31
So Renault and Alonso both confirmed at McLaren.

 
Re: News and Stuff
TMT (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 04:33
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Damon96
So nobody discussing the Honda / Mclaren Renault deal now it has finally gone through? Is it possible to have a normal F1 conversation on this board now with it being spammed constantly?

Finally some proper news to discuss!!!
So does that keep Alonso at McLaren?
Toro Roso budget just got a boost too!

Yep I am pretty sure Alonso is confirmed for next year with McLaren.

 
Re: News and Stuff
Stu69 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 18:08
Bottas confirmed at Merc for 2018 according to his Twitter feed.

 
Re: News and Stuff
Damon96 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 19:03
Sainz is also going to Renault? So who is left for Williams? It looks like anyone with any talent is now signed up, are we at risk of the worst line up outside Sauber?

If Honda get their act together TR will be a real threat. I hope Stroll Snr has really deep pockets as we'll need plenty of money to compete with so many factory teams.

 
Re: News and Stuff
TMT (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 05:01
Quote:
Damon96
Sainz is also going to Renault? So who is left for Williams? It looks like anyone with any talent is now signed up, are we at risk of the worst line up outside Sauber?
If Honda get their act together TR will be a real threat. I hope Stroll Snr has really deep pockets as we'll need plenty of money to compete with so many factory teams.


Yep it seems that way, Williams just can't seem to organize a strong driver line up...Is Ocon available? I would take him.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 05:02 by TMT.

 
Re: News and Stuff
Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 07:43
Next think that happens is Honda develop the best engine in F1 and Red Bull get it for 2019 and walk the title. Meanwhile, Williams are left as a second rate customer team.

 
Re: News and Stuff
TMT (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 12:59
Ozzy = Good Bloke thumbs down

 
Re: News and Stuff
pixel (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 17:52
Best available driver, who is the right age is Perez.

Also brings a fair mount of cash which is always useful, but Joe Saward things he has turned Williams down.

Who else is available , 25+, and good?

 
Re: News and Stuff
Mehryar (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 18:17
Perez has shown this season he can have brain-fade moments still.not only once or twice...more than that.no wonder that no top team considered him.



http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

 
Re: News and Stuff
gpl (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 18:34
Perez is another b grade driver/

Ocon could go all the way i think.

 
Re: News and Stuff
Stu69 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 19:10
Quote:
Damon96
Sainz is also going to Renault? So who is left for Williams? It looks like anyone with any talent is now signed up, are we at risk of the worst line up outside Sauber?
If Honda get their act together TR will be a real threat. I hope Stroll Snr has really deep pockets as we'll need plenty of money to compete with so many factory teams.

Lance and Massa for next year for us. Let's all get used to it! Disappointing. Other options ... Hmmm,

 
Re: News and Stuff
AlanJones (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 20:04
Seems that Ferrari has a say to which driver will be next to LeClerc in the Sauber. Ferrari prefers Wehrlein over Ericsson. As Wehrlein is the better driver. Not sure what to think of it.




http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

 
Re: News and Stuff
TMT (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 05:11
Quote:
AlanJones
Seems that Ferrari has a say to which driver will be next to LeClerc in the Sauber. Ferrari prefers Wehrlein over Ericsson. As Wehrlein is the better driver. Not sure what to think of it.

Just how good is Leclerc? I don't know a whole lot about him.

 
Re: News and Stuff
Stuart L (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 20:58
See attached;

 
Re: News and Stuff
Stuart L (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 21:01
Couldn't manage to paste attachment but google Williams advanced engineering news page and Williams Foresight fund has made its first investment of 500k into a gas network effeicency business. Williams actuator expertise can lead to less losses of methane from gas pipelines, or that at least is the rationale behind investment

 
Re: News and Stuff
Darron (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 07:17
So there will be a McLaren Renault next year, 24/25 years after Ron Dennis did just about everything he could to engineer one to keep Senna

The whole engine swapping and apparent termination of the Red Bull/Renault contract has a feel of Ron Dennis, convincing Renault to jump in bed with them and ditch Red Bull entirely, lumping them with the duff Honda. - wouldn't it be sweet if Honda got their act together.

It just sounds wrong though to me, same as a Williams Mercedes

Is there any news of McLaren rebranding the engine?

 
Re: News and Stuff
Stu69 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 08:39
So last night during fp2 Crofty said Williams are confirmed with DeResta for next year. So my money is on Lance and DeResta. Anyone but Massa will be a step forwards.

 
Re: News and Stuff
gpl (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 09:07
DeResta Palme,r are a joke just an,t going to cut it.

We need an attacking driver like Nige, alan,Nelson, Alain, Keke, Pasta without brain fade,montoya,

Kubica or even an outside chance of Alonso still.

Forget the rest that have been mentioned they just make up the numbers.

What is the point in building we hope a quick car and then sticking an average
driver behind the wheel.

Come on Williams wake up and smell the coffee.

Get Kubica on the books before SauberHonda get there claws in him

even Robert at 75% is still Quicker/smarter.

 
Re: News and Stuff
Francesc (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 13:28
Quote:
gpl
DeResta Palme,r are a joke just an,t going to cut it.
We need an attacking driver like Nige, alan,Nelson, Alain, Keke, Pasta without brain fade,montoya,

Kubica or even an outside chance of Alonso still.

Forget the rest that have been mentioned they just make up the numbers.



What is the point in building we hope a quick car and then sticking an average
driver behind the wheel.

Come on Williams wake up and smell the coffee.

Get Kubica on the books before SauberHonda get there claws in him

even Robert at 75% is still Quicker/smarter.

I share your feelings.

And it seems so does the team as according to AMUS Kubica has already been in the Williams sim and will do a test session in Interlagos with the FW36 together with Stroll.

The report says that the team want a driver that challenges the engineers and demanding. Massa is clearly not that.

 
Re: News and Stuff
EagleF1 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 13:45
I could get enthusiastic about Handsome Bob in the car with DIR as insurance back up.

Not many other options available, Palmer is not quite as @#$%& as he looks but he is still @#$%&.

Williams continually back themselves in to a corner on driver choice. It's cultural, Frank always put the engineering first.

Current Page: 540 of 545

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?