pgj (IP Logged)
23 September, 2009 14:55
Nice one Bernie.

Williams and proud of it.

Re: News and Stuff
Umbrella_Girl (IP Logged)
23 September, 2009 16:39
Speechless.

Supporters support - fans blow hot and cold...

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
23 September, 2009 16:44
I'm no accountant- but how can they say f1 made a loss this year?

Couldn't you spin it around and say "f1 teams boast record profits" due to the extra money CVC gave them?

Isn't it simply a transfer of funds from one shareholder to the others?

pgj (IP Logged)
23 September, 2009 16:45
What it actually means is foe the last financial year CVC subsidised F1. Now there is a novelty for you!

Oxford Girl (IP Logged)
23 September, 2009 17:06
And in the mean time, the men working for the teams are paying out more money each trip as everything is hiked up to the hilt.....my husband and his work mates, were charged the equivalent of £8 for a beer...the hotels that they stay in are a bloody rip off.!!

Willosh (IP Logged)
23 September, 2009 17:12
This article [joesaward.wordpress.com] goes some way to explain all of this but not quite fully. Apparently there are various intercompany payments adding up that "create" the loss.

K1 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2009 23:10
losses are good... like greed. one doesn't have to pay tax when there is a negative sign preceding any numbers on the bottom line.

pgj (IP Logged)
24 September, 2009 01:08
@Willosh

Thank you. That was a fascinating article. I had no idea that so many holding companies were involved.

pgj (IP Logged)
01 October, 2009 05:36
Quote:
Williams

In Singapore Williams introduced a new front spoiler and suspension. A new rear wing wasn’t used because it was built with the intent to increase efficiency rather than to create more downforce. Compared to other teams, Williams has made the biggest stride: compared to Valencia (a track with similar drag levels as Singapore): 0,25 seconds has been found. The team expect to gain another tenth with a new package that will be flown to Japan probably on Thursday.

OT

Quote:
Ferrari/Kimi

Because Ferrari has a contract with Raikkonen till the end of 2010, they will still have to pay him, whatever he does (if Ferrari’s lucky then Santander will pay his salary).

Quote:
BMW

Theissen: ''I can now definitively confirm that there will be no dismissals till the end of September. As far as the regulations with regard to reducing the number of personnel in 2010 and 2011 are concerned: I can’t say anything about that at the moment.''

BMW Sauber introduced a big update in Singapore, the basis of it was a flatter gearbox. Rampf: ''Back in June we had the first windtunnel data for the Valencia update. We soon identified that we were on the right way and therefore we decided to venture an even greater update for Singapore. Because we were so far behind at the beginning of the season we always had to advance with two development steps at the same time.''

Quote:
Red Bull

Red Bull reintroduced the ‘wide’ nose. The floor and diffuser were modified, the suspension geometry was changed and there was also a new front wing that’s able to generate downforce more efficiently. Marko: ''We have targeted work on gaining time in slow and middle fast corners. And now we go better over the kerbs as well, something we were not able to in the past.''

Only two of the new wings were taken to Singapore. Webber crashed his car on Friday and a third and last wing of the latest type had to be flown to Singapore last minute.

Thanks to less bumps in the surface of the track all the ride height of all cars could be lowered by 3 mm. The lower the RB5 is to the ground, the faster it goes. Horner smiles: ''Our car was very happy with the ride-height.''

Quote:
Brawn

Brawn GP had a lot of updates but it didn’t really pay out. They had new wings, and a lot of changes made to the chassis: new dampers at the front and at the rear, a new stabilizer at the back and a modified third damper at the front.

/OT

Just a bit of information on a few of the teams.

gabal (IP Logged)
01 October, 2009 06:16
Good to hear we made such a big improvement, our pace last weekend wasn't only because our car likes street tracks. As FW32 will be an evolution it is good idea to put updates on a car, especially with limited winter testing.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/430/williamsno.jpghttp://www.soccer.com/images/catalog/productimages/images01/193662.RE23.GIF

You are too late, we are EVERYWHERE!

pgj (IP Logged)
01 October, 2009 06:26
Toyota wants to cut costs.

Read an interview with Toyota's Tadashi Yamashina here.

A.Fant (IP Logged)
01 October, 2009 06:30
The general opinion on other boards seem to be that the FW31 is good in low-speed corners but struggles with high-speed ones which I think is way off. The car has been among the best in all types of corners the entire season but struggles in a straight line. It likes street tracks due to the low-grip surface and the lack of long straights, not because of the corner-types IMO.

I'd even go out on a limb and say it likes the high-speed stuff even more, looking at which sectors it has excelled in at different tracks.

If the new rear wing gives the aerodynamic efficiency it promises, Rosberg will redeem himself with a podium at Suzuka!

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
01 October, 2009 06:48
I agree- the FW31 is not the FW30. turkey/silverstone were good races for us this year.

SM has said that he does not expect us to go so well in Japan- eg top 5, but then he also admitted that he did not expect us to go so well in Singapore- eg top 5.

Predictions are hard this year- but I think a podium is still on the cards.

pgj (IP Logged)
01 October, 2009 09:29
Our backroom team must be buzzing. After three years of problems they must feel as though they are coming out of a tunnel at last.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
01 October, 2009 09:45
Teams who have got on the podium this year;

Brawn- 1st
Red Bull- 1st
Ferrari- 1st
McLaren- 1st
Toyota- 2nd
Renault- 3rd angry smiley
BMW- 2nd angry smiley
Force India- 2nd angry smiley

Teams who have not got on the podium this year;

Williams- 4th (Sm17)
Toro Rosso- 6th

Francesc (IP Logged)
01 October, 2009 10:00
Yeah, it's depressing to not have a single podium

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
01 October, 2009 21:07
Well- as this is a news n'stuff thread- I find the following piece of information, if true, pretty staggering

Vettel has date which proves he did not speed in the pitlane

So he may have been penalised 2 points and maybe even a race win because of an administrative error.

Ouch.

P.S, does this mean I can go back to using him as an example of a non-choker?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 21:08 by crusty_bread.

pgj (IP Logged)
02 October, 2009 06:06
Well rules is rules! lol.

That is a tough call. I was not aware that ECU data is not used to detect pitlane speed. It is very disappointing news that there is any doubt about such an important penalty. I fell very sorry for Seb. He has my utmost sympathy.

It has just been reported on BBC that Toyota is targeting Kimi for 2010.

Also on the way to the circuit, the freight company carrying BMW's equipment went under a low bridge and a box containing their engines and tools was knocked off the transporter. Mario said that there was no damage to the engines but there was damage to garage-staging and some tools.

j-s (IP Logged)
02 October, 2009 06:41
The news about BMW engine accident cracks me up! d'oh!

I hope the karma police don't come after me.

K1 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2009 08:14
also being reported that williams may well be in line to use cosworth engines for '10 & '11.

Current Page: 1 of 545

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net