Re: News and Stuff
mayhemfunkster (IP Logged)
02 February, 2012 09:15
Let it be Parr!

mayhemlurker ;-)

pogixx (IP Logged)
02 February, 2012 15:35
@Gunk: While I agree with what you are thinking - I was thinking from a sustainability point of view if most of your budget is due to pay drivers you are not a sustainable business. If they get solid funding from the country with the highest GDP / capita, I dont see it as a bad thing to get them moving better than from a third world country where the extra dollars spent on sport could feed the poor! At the end of the day revenue is revenue and they have invested quite significantly in Qatar. In a business you just don't invest because you enjoy it - you want an ROI especially for a publicly traded company!.

02 February, 2012 19:03
BMW set to terminate Prodrive contract to run the Mini WRC team

BMW up to their old tricks again seemingly...

mayhemlurker ;-)

Steven (IP Logged)
03 February, 2012 00:03
Doesn't bode well for their new privateer teams in DTM that are about to run their new M3s....

BMW are a very successful company but I do feel their motorsport division is run somewhat chaotically, often ruthlessly and sometimes appallingly.

Compare their stance to that of Mercedes in DTM and F1 and you can see what I mean.

http://www.williamscarcare.com.sg/images/logo_williamsf1.gif
The WilliamsF1 Team - Legendary fighters spanning 4 decades. 16 times World Champions

************** LETS STAY POSITIVE FOR WILLIAMSF1 IN 2012 **************

Vancha (IP Logged)
03 February, 2012 14:59
Technical director James Key to part company with Sauber

JK: "I have been offered a new role back in the UK, which I decided to accept."

Anderis (IP Logged)
03 February, 2012 15:16
I think he is great engineer and I would love to see him at Williams.

But with Coughlan and Gillan onboard, I don't really see the place for him at us. But in fact, Mercedes have even more big names at technical staff at the moment, so anything is possible.

But I would say he will go to McLaren or Caterham. But it's just my feeling, no evidence.

Francesc (IP Logged)
03 February, 2012 15:36
Probably he's going to McLaren or most likely Mercedes.

On twitter someone says that he's going to Marussia.

Also I think Williams evaluated him last year, but as Sir Frank said they decided for another approach of engineering.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 15:41 by Francesc.

WILLIAMS-F1-Fan (IP Logged)
04 February, 2012 08:08
Williams couldn't afford his services...

I believe that's the same excuse they used to fire Barrichello... ""We've decided to take another route with the drivers next season"" (-fake quote)

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/lael_2006/Sig.jpg
BATracing F1 Just Got More Addicting
My Instagram smiling smiley

-=||=-

Beer_Stalker (IP Logged)
04 February, 2012 10:42

Francesc (IP Logged)
05 February, 2012 20:29
The team has updated the webpage:
[www.williamsf1.com]

Now the sponsors at the bottom are distributed at three tabs instead of the two before, on the car section now there's the FW34 name, and the webpage has also changed of host I think, as now when it's offline it doesn't appear anymore the at&twilliams logo, now it appears this:
http://i41.tinypic.com/15cj9f4.jpg

SehnKhan (IP Logged)
06 February, 2012 06:57
Interesting they still don't have the updated list with the likes of Head & Shoulders, Gillette, Embratel, OGX & MRV that Senna brings to the team (according to the teamwear he was wearing when he was announced as a driver).

Perhaps the full list will be updated post-launch, hopefully with further team sponsors announced. Would be nice!

Anderis (IP Logged)
06 February, 2012 12:38
Since yesterday, I get the propose of download beta version of Google Chrome every time when I go to official Williams website. There and only there.

Could that mean that Google will be our new sponsor?

Tomasz Falkowski (IP Logged)
06 February, 2012 14:17
Again Williams page is offline, for more than 15 minutes.

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2012 19:53
The Flying lap due to start in 10 mins, put in a question asking Peter and Craig on their initial impressions of the FW34

[smibs.tv]

erratic (IP Logged)
07 February, 2012 20:32
See the WIlliams faccebook app mentioned on Scarbs twitter feed.

07 February, 2012 21:41
Peeps, check out the latest Motor Sport magazine for a 3-part interview with Patrick, the FW14B in Patrick's own words, a Nigel Roebuck article on the early years of WGPE. Interview with Mark Gillan too.

Well worth buying for a bit of Williams history.

mayhemlurker ;-)

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2012 20:47
Looks like Key won't be joining Williams, going to the Lotus Sportscar programm instead

[www.autosport.com]

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2012 20:53
Quote:
Ted Kravitz
@tedkravitz Twitter
Felipe added so much to sort out with revolutionary car Ferrari haven't done performance work yet

SehnKhan (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 22:24
http://imagenes.lapatilla.s3.amazonaws.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/maldonado.jpg

rpaloschi (IP Logged)
09 February, 2012 22:51
How did you get that??

30 million pounds, not bad at all.

Thanks Pastor :-)

Current Page: 101 of 612

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net