Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: The Official Pessimism Thread
joepr (IP Logged)
06 February, 2011 16:50
In less than 35 days we will know how bad or good this season is going to be for Williams. I think that this season will be very competitive and the winner will be the one that is reliable. I think that Williams has done an incredible job developing a new car with their own KERS and gearbox with their limited budget using a customer pay engine. Next week at Jerez we will have a better idea with almost all new cars (Mclaren, FI and Virgin). Barcelona will gives us a better picture.

mayhemfunkster (IP Logged)
06 February, 2011 21:06
I will no longer support Williams, I like the look of Ferrari.

mayhemlurker ;-)

understeer (IP Logged)
06 February, 2011 21:14
The lower gearbox is going to cause mechanical breakdown in monaco and rubens is going to hurl the steering wheel into the ocean.

pgj (IP Logged)
13 February, 2011 20:33
LOL!

All of our components functioned as expected.

Williams and proud of it.

Gunk (IP Logged)
13 February, 2011 21:16
Quote:
pgj
LOL!

I see you still do not have the hang of Samspeak, pgj.

The phrase should be:

All of our components functioned . . . as unexpected.

A big problem for Williams is when things actually work, unexpectedly.

I blame it on all the old Lenovo laptops.

14 February, 2011 09:11
Williams will be struggling with their high-speed data network back to the factory.

The really quick racing pigeons wanted too much money...

mayhemlurker ;-)

Damon'sFW18 (IP Logged)
15 February, 2011 22:12
At the moment Eddie Jordan's wardrobe is lapping quicker than the FW33.

tongue sticking out smiley

understeer (IP Logged)
15 February, 2011 22:18
HRT laps williams in Barain Race

Damon'sFW18 (IP Logged)
15 February, 2011 22:45
Life W12 from 1990, Andrea Moda from 1992 and the Mastercard Lola from 1997 (complete with Rosset at the wheel too) all lap the FW33 5 times at Bahrain.

16 February, 2011 09:31
FW33 fails to generate enough pace to successfully run iver Taki Inoue, it merely has a KERS problem and grazes Taki, resulting in Inoue's outburst to the best attack Williams can muster:

Quote:
Medical Car-avoiding Ex Arrows Limper
Oooh. That'll sting tomorrow!

mayhemlurker ;-)

Francesc (IP Logged)
16 February, 2011 09:42
Williams can't do more than 5 laps with Pirellis before they degradate a lot, and ends the Bahrain Gp with 10 pit stops each driver and 4 laps down.

pgj (IP Logged)
16 February, 2011 18:36
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
pgj
LOL!

I see you still do not have the hang of Samspeak, pgj.

The phrase should be:

All of our components functioned . . . as unexpected.

A big problem for Williams is when things actually work, unexpectedly.

I blame it on all the old Lenovo laptops.

(Sm22)

Very good! lol

StuffOfLegend (IP Logged)
25 February, 2011 16:29
Well, it certainly has been a while. Where is the optimism thread? lol

(Sm7)

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7343/logotipoon6.jpg

pgj (IP Logged)
25 February, 2011 18:14
I'll gecha LOL!

Damon'sFW18 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2011 19:12
Moving things back into pessimism mode... here's a good one for you;

Our car is too fast, the races will be boring and everybody will know from the outside that the FW33 will lock out the front row.

tongue sticking out smiley

gabal (IP Logged)
25 February, 2011 19:18
Quote:
understeer
The lower gearbox is going to cause mechanical breakdown in monaco and rubens is going to hurl the steering wheel into the ocean.
He should switch his sporting career to shot put then, the closest ocean to Monaco is thousand of kilometers away winking smiley

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/430/williamsno.jpghttp://www.soccer.com/images/catalog/productimages/images01/193662.RE23.GIF

You are too late, we are EVERYWHERE!

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
25 February, 2011 20:55
The question marks over Williams' weight legality worsens during FP1 in Australia where a fastest lap on heavy tanks sends most team bosses running to the FIA. Something must be illegitimate about that back end but the team lawyers are still looking through the rule book at this moment trying to find exactly what. The cancellation of Bahrain had given the lawyers 2 more weeks to plan a prosecution-upgrade package in order to bring down that Williams back end in time for Melbourne

It all comes to a miserable climax where Williams win the first GP of the year amidst scandal and headlines. "I remember a time when Williams were reputable! this has only happened since the floatation and new ownership!" Bahar is quoted as saying to the press.

01 March, 2011 13:53
Quote:
crusty_bread
bring down that Williams back end in time for Melbourne.

Or could that be bring up the Williams rear end!

Autosport reports the Lawyers' victory:

"(God Save our Sweet Merciful) Lotus (the most Lotusish of all Lotuses) Lawyers shoot up Williams rear with the reference plane of legal technicality".

Autosport also mention:

"God bless Danny Bahar and his valiant fight against F1 fact. This victory virtually guarantees that our cheque clears...I mean rules article 46.something...Ecclestone...FIA blah blah"

Joe Saward meanwhile points out that this whole crisis would have been averted had Williams employed Tonio Liuzzi...in any capacity whatsoever.

Williams would have taken him on, but Dickie Stanford jealously guards the position of "Tea Manager"...(Sm14)

Edited several time because I can't even write hogwash properly!

mayhemlurker ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 13:56 by mayhemfunkster.

vsk (IP Logged)
01 March, 2011 17:45
Height of pessimism,
How about not making the cut due to 107 rule and the supporters forced to support other teams.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
01 March, 2011 17:51
Nah, more likely, most of us would all stick around to dispair and complain, and then hope that the next race would be better.

Besides, Williams would only miss the the 107% rules if as mf says, the rear end was forced to be crudely changed following some cynical politics. I would spend the whole weekend posting vitriol!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net