Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Boycott Renault in Brazil on January 10, 2012 ... Why not the Bruno Senna? The Renault factory in Brazil is called Airton Senna, Bruno Senna and why can not drive a Williams F1 Renault.
Posted by: droberley (IP Logged)
Date: 20 December, 2011 19:16

Boycott Renault in Brazil on January 10, 2012 ... Why not the Bruno Senna? The Renault factory in Brazil is called Airton Senna, Bruno Senna and why can not drive a Williams F1 Renault.

Re: Boycott Renault in Brazil on January 10, 2012 ... Why not the Bruno Senna? The Renault factory in Brazil is called Airton Senna, Bruno Senna and why can not drive a Williams F1 Renault.
Posted by: FrankDC (IP Logged)
Date: 20 December, 2011 20:08

this doesn't make much sense, i see you want Senna really badly, he could be a fair choice, but no need to create all this fuss smiling smiley

Re: Boycott Renault in Brazil on January 10, 2012 ... Why not the Bruno Senna? The Renault factory in Brazil is called Airton Senna, Bruno Senna and why can not drive a Williams F1 Renault.
Posted by: PABLO 27 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 December, 2011 20:11

BTW is Ayrton not Airton, if you like him so much you should know how to write his name

http://i45.tinypic.com/2evb1aw.jpg

GO TEAM WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mayhemfunkster (IP Logged)
Date: 21 December, 2011 12:09

LOL @ Pablo.

If you are a Senna fan, surely the last thing you want him to drive is a Williams? Surely the fairytale is to get him in a McLaren?

mayhemlurker ;-)

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 21 December, 2011 19:09

I have cancelled my holiday to Russia, since Petrov is not getting the drive.

According to reports, Russia offered Williams a missile factory to build the FW 2012.

So, I am going to boycott all Russian women in black stockings for at least a week.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 21 December, 2011 19:14

This week I have refused to wrestle with any bears. Up yours Williams. How do you like that? I'll also refuse to eat cabbage and wear a furry hat. Plus, I'll stop making stereotypical remarks until January 2012.

Date: 22 December, 2011 14:39

Nuts. Time to put the Polonium down after all...

mayhemlurker ;-)

Posted by: redrose (IP Logged)
Date: 22 December, 2011 14:50

Rueben's was also at Williams f1 factory yesterday... and he just tweeted

just came back from England...now some holidays...and waiting for good news from Williams

Date: 22 December, 2011 15:14

Quote:
redrose

Rueben's was also at Williams f1 factory yesterday...

Probably went to clear his desk and hand the keys in

Posted by: Francesc (IP Logged)
Date: 22 December, 2011 15:49

rubarrichello Rubens Barrichello
just came back from England...now some holidays...and waiting for good news from Williams...speak later...byeeee
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

He says "waiting for good news"...

So maybe he already has been told that the seat is his.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 22 December, 2011 16:04

I woud certainly prefer Rubens than Senna.

But I suppose it might some time to decide. If I would have to bet, I would go for that the decision isn't made, yet.

Posted by: MansellsMoustache (IP Logged)
Date: 22 December, 2011 20:32

Rubens, Sutil, Buemi, Alguesari even - fine. I could handle that.

The day Bruno Senna signs as Williams No.1 = the day Williams died.

http://i.imgur.com/BxYQe4n.jpg

Date: 22 December, 2011 21:24

I kind of agree. I would like at least one of our drives to be chosen purely on talent, not financial factors.

Senna is not proven yet on speed so would only be for financial reasons.

I would find it very hard to get behind that pairing. The car would have to be REALLY quick to keep me interested...

mayhemlurker ;-)

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2011 01:36

I disagree. Are you sure you are not applying some kind of inverse predjudice to Bruno? He can drive an F1 car.

Posted by: MansellsMoustache (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2011 09:27

Right, this is the man who managed to let Christian Klien out qualify him by over a second in Klien's first F1 appearance in four years and despite the fact Senna had been driving the car all year.

How about his Renault performances? A lovely 9th place at Monza backed up by one 12th place, a 13th, a 15th, two 16th places and a 17th.

That's not prejudiced - just sh*t.

http://i.imgur.com/BxYQe4n.jpg

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2011 10:47 by MansellsMoustache.

Date: 23 December, 2011 14:35

Quote:
MansellsMoustache
Rubens, Sutil, Buemi, Alguesari even - fine. I could handle that.
The day Bruno Senna signs as Williams No.1 = the day Williams died.

He's not the best of the bunch, no. The rumours suggest Sutil as reserve at Ferrari and Petrov to Caterham. I also read somewhere Rubens has found a little sponsor money.

Rubens is sounding upbeat about his chances now. It would keep a good baseline and possibly Bottas could get to do a few races?

Posted by: Xerro (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2011 14:44

If i were williams, i'd put Rubens in the seat for 2012,and see how Bottas performs on fridays, then depending on how he does put him in the second seat come 2013. (if Kubica isn't available or interested)

Posted by: rpralon (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2011 16:01

For some guys, the F1 will be over when Rubens finally quit.

For me , after Williams lost Kimi to Lotus-renault , no matter the driver they hire because this option was a prove that they are thinking very small. They dont have a decent plan to grow , they only trying to survive in the midfield as they can . Adam Parr is revealing himself a total jerk as a management man.

No Kimi , no QNB sponsorship , paydrivers ( Yes , in 2012 it's clear that the two drivers will bring money to fund the team ), It will be very frustrating supporting a team in these poor conditions. The team is now a pale shadow of the great team of many victories an titles.

So, if they will intend to announce the grandfather Rubens again as a solution , why do they postpone it so longer? Just to frustrate the fans even more I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2011 16:02 by rpralon.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2011 16:08

Quote:
rpralon
no QNB sponsorship
Are you sure? FW34 will be presented first in capital city of Qatar. I guess this wouldn't have happened if not some funding found in Qatar.

Posted by: rpralon (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2011 16:23

The question is how much money. It was speculated about 30 million euros year when Kimi was involved but I guess it will be a small amount in this case. A useful money no doubts but not a great sponsorship as RBS in the past.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net