Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Farewell
Xerro (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 13:01
And with that I'm gone from this board. I've always said I'm a Rubens fan, but in the past two years I have supported the Williams team because if Williams don't do well Rubens doesn't do well, and so I also made sure to Support both Hulkenberg and Pastor as well. (I might end up supporting Hulk next year, haven't decided yet)

I'm not bitter, and don't hold anything against Williams or Bruno, or Pastor, it's the nature of the beast after all. Until you have a contract in place it's every man for himself.

I do hope Williams begin to find their way again starting with this season, and I hope Pastor and Bruno can rise to the challenge. I think there's a lot for all you williams fans to be optimistic about. With Coughlan, Somerville, Gillan, and Renault, i'm sure they'll make a much more competitive car.

Williams were one of the teams that stuck out during my childhood, I started watching F1 in 91 so I really started watching during Williams golden years. But i can't bring myself to support a team that played such a role in Rubens exiting the sport, I've been supporting him since 94 when i was 7. I don't blame them exactly, because it's not like Williams prevented him from going to other teams, other teams just didn't want him, either due to talent or money. It just wouldn't sit well with me if i chose to support williams here and now.

I didn't want to leave this forum without saying goodbye, because i have enjoyed the community. Crusty and K1 going head to head is always entertaining reading for one, but both always have an interesting point to make. So what i'm saying is thankyou all (well most of you there are exceptions) thankyou for the past 2 years on this forum, I have enjoyed posting here more than i've enjoyed posting on any other forum. The last season was difficult to keep an optimistic outlook but i still enjoyed sharing the ups and down with you all.

Best wishes to everyone (even those I didn't get along with),

One last thing, i feel sorry for you all cos now you're going to have to endure huge topic titles that tell you everything you need to know before you have even clicked on it.

Thanks for the past two years and best of luck to Williams Senna and Maldonado.

Bye

Xerro
Rob.

Re: Farewell
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 14:07
In a big way I am also sad to see Rubens leave the team. I was really hoping that he would get to see out his 20th year in F1 but again financial considerations took priority.

I hope that Rubens has a great life away from Formula One. I will miss his smile.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 14:21
Farewell Xerro, and thankyou for your contributions over the last 2 years. thumbs down I enjoyed it. Indeed, the Rubens fans have been great on here, despite the team enduring a terrible year and Rubens getting outspoken at times. It's a real credit to you guys that things didn't get shirty. the only silver lining is what the departure of Rubens will do to rpralon...

It's very much the passing of an era for me as Rubens was the final link to the time I first got into F1. I shall miss him, and I will look forward to his autobiography with interest. His was a fascinating career.

And whilst I share your disappointment that he will be no longer racing in F1 (to some degree) I hope with time, as you are casting around for someone to support, you see a plucky lowly numbered british team making waves again, and hopefully decide to resume posting again here. You are welcome any time ; )

NeverCryWolf (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 14:28
Hoping all the best life has to offer both for you and Rubinho, I'm sorry things turned out this way sad smiley

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
I totally agree ... Rubens fans are all very much welcome here.

Bond (IP Logged)
Rubens fans have been nothing but classy here.
I,for one, am sad that both Rubens & his fans will be leaving the board.

I echo Crusty's sentiment that you still cast an eye once in awhile to check out how we are doing!

Bon Voyage Xerro.

mayhemfunkster (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 14:47
All the best mate thumbs down

mayhemlurker ;-)

Williams1 (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 15:01
All the best Xerro, pity you will be leaving.

All the best to Rubens, pity he couldnt have raced with Senna as i think the chemistry would have been great.

j-s (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 15:08
I wish you were staying Xerro, because that would me we'd have Rubens on board.

Good luck to you and come back whenever, even sporadically, if you want to chit chat!

Francesc (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 15:22
I'm sorry for you Barrichello fans, Rubens was unfortunate to come to this team in the worst possible time.

All the best for him and you fans of him.

Lurcher (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 18:52
Fare thee well, Xerro. I do hope you'll pop in from time to time to keep us in ordersmiling smiley

pgj (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 19:13
Sorry to see you go.

One question though. If Rubens retires will you stop watching F1? There is always room for another Williams supporter around here. winking smiley

Williams and proud of it.

PABLO 27 (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 19:25
(Sm150)

http://i45.tinypic.com/2evb1aw.jpg

GO TEAM WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunk (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 20:56
Quote:
Francesc
I'm sorry for you Barrichello fans, Rubens was unfortunate to come to this team in the worst possible time.
All the best for him and you fans of him.

I can't really add to that.

I think it's a shame we didn't hire Rubens earlier . . . especially 2008 or 2009 . . . Naka was such a waste of space and Nico would have benefited from the mentoring . . .

K1 (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 21:31
have fun xerro. some say that there is life beyond F1. i don't subscribe to that theory at all.

as for rubens....well it would be hypocritical of me to say sorry that he's going after what i have posted previously.

all F1 drivers contribute to our enjoyment in one way or another and they need exceptional skills just to get the drive. we need to see young talent come through the ranks and it was time for him to move on. he should have retired in brazil and left it at that.

as i said, enjoy your new following but do let us know where and what you are up to. bon voyage.

MansellsMoustache (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 21:55
Rosberg and Rubens for 2009 would have been really cool sad smiley

http://i.imgur.com/BxYQe4n.jpg

ronald.paloschi (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 22:48
That would have been an awesome season!

Sorry to see you go Xerro...

All the best for you.

rrafekaj (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 23:05
I for one would like to see Rubens battle pedro in the HRT next year.

it's a shame what went on at ferrari.

all the best X man

Xerro (IP Logged)
17 January, 2012 23:23
Quote:
pgj
Sorry to see you go.
One question though. If Rubens retires will you stop watching F1? There is always room for another Williams supporter around here. winking smiley

Of course I'm going to keep watching F1. I was watching it before he arrived. Lets see. 91 i supported senna when i was 4, 92 i supported Brundle, 93 I supported Prost which thinking about it mean this isn't the first time I supported Williams. And 94 till present i supported Rubens.

The one thing i'm going to miss is feeling dizzyingly sick with excitement as the red lights go out ahead of a new season. I'm not going to have that because I haven't fostered the same kind of attachment to another driver.

Depending on who i end up supporting (i enjoy supporting drivers) you might see me again in the future should that driver end up coming to Williams.

Thanks for the messages of farewell. You've all been great.

(Sm132)
I've been looking for an excuse to use that smiley! ^ tongue sticking out smiley

JaimeAbraham (IP Logged)
18 January, 2012 02:33
go away, who care? money come first

"viva mexico"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net