Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Williams Museum
mrmontoya (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 11:47
Hi Guys

Sorry if this has been asked before but i havent been on the Message Board that long.
Has anyone ever been to the Williams Collection Museum ?

Can anyone go if they are willing to pay the 60 or whatever it is ? , as in if i wanted to go on my own one day.
Its just i emailed and never got a reply and also the Official site seems to only have info for big parties or Business meetings.

Thanks all ! Have a good day.......

Re: Williams Museum
crusty_bread (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 14:14
They arrange special guided tour dates once or twice a year, where you are given lots of time to look, lots of time for Q&A and a rather nice buffet. Otherwise, I don't think you can just turn up as the conference centre is used for lots of other things I imagine.

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 19:51
I can't remember how i booke when Crusty and I went, but going by this link, it asks you to book by calling. Doing this may be your best bet.

[www.williamsf1conferences.com]

joepr (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 00:33
I was lucky that last year before the BGP the museum had a date setup. It was the week they announced the Renault engine and everybody was happy. The museum is well put and nice. It includes a light breakfast and lunch. At lunch some team personnel sat with us.

01 February, 2012 10:22
Grove, Crusty and Joe, what car were you most looking forward to seeing in the museum and in your opinion what is the most beautiful car in the collection ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2012 10:51 by Mansell`s flying wheelnut.

mayhemfunkster (IP Logged)
01 February, 2012 10:29
^^

Good Question!

mayhemlurker ;-)

joepr (IP Logged)
01 February, 2012 12:27
I was hoping to see the six wheeler. The car that started it all the FW-07 was my main interest. The first time I saw it this close was at las vegas in 1981. I know the 06 was important but is not a pretty car. The O7 and Lotus 79 are my first choice. The other cars that were of my interest was the Williams Renault era.

The museum is running out of space. The Toyotas did not have their spot. They had them in a unmarked area. I assume the Cosworth will be parked close to Toyota. Nothing good to remember.

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2012 22:24
Joepr - Regarding the space when i was there in January 2010, i was told that the museum was being extended, don't know where they are in relation to this now.

MFW - The car i was looking forward to seeing? I think it has to be the 1997 Villeneuve car that still had the damage from the cheat.

Most beautiful cars? Difficult one but i like the cars from the BMW era (except the walrus design that was also there!) One of these cars from the Montoya era wasn't there, if I remember correctly this was because JP bought one of that year's cars. Maybe it meant they could not display a duplicate car. The cars there which i didn't like or fit in were the pre-BMW of Mechacrome engines - red etc does not suit us i feel when splashed all over the car

02 February, 2012 10:00
FW22 is one of my favorite looking Williams, the 98/99 liveries were certainly different for Williams, I remember Brundle looking at it at the first GP and saying that does'nt look like a Williams it just looks a mess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net