f1
Latest News:

2014 Italian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Giedo van der Garde at Caterham - McGregor to follow?
SehnKhan (IP Logged)
04 February, 2012 15:26
With Giedo van der Garde now confirmed as the reserve driver at Caterham, what is likely to happen with McGregor? They're a big backer of van der Garde so I wouldn't be surprised if they disappear from Williams and pop off to Caterham .

Might be a small contributing reason as to why we haven't seen an update on the official Williams site in regards to partners (I've been checking fairly regularly to see whether new sponsors have come on board, but nothing has changed since Michael Johnson Performance came on board - I've been waiting to see Bruno Sennas sponsors appear).

Hopefully they stay on with Williams aswell (like Santander and 2 teams).

http://oi61.tinypic.com/znwlmt.jpg

SehnKhan and Williams F1 Team - Together Since 1989

Re: Giedo van der Garde at Caterham - McGregor to follow?
Tazio Nuvolari (IP Logged)
04 February, 2012 15:35
Good question, I don't know when the contract with McGregor expires, but I guess the will be with Williams in 2012 (they are still on the website).

Also, what will happen with Randstad and Williams? I know that they recently have signed a new contract with Williams, but this big Dutch company might also leave if Van der Garde is successful at Caterham.

"Gilles was the last great driver. The rest of us are just a bunch of good professionals." -- Alain Prost

SehnKhan (IP Logged)
04 February, 2012 15:41
Good pickup, didn't think of Randstad leaving (and I was only looking at information about them today) - they have been quite loyal to us and increased their committment late last year so I cannot see them pulling out for the 2012 season, but it's possible after that should van der Garde get the nod for a race seat in 2013.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/znwlmt.jpg

SehnKhan and Williams F1 Team - Together Since 1989

Anderis (IP Logged)
04 February, 2012 15:54
Quote:
Tazio Nuvolari
Also, what will happen with Randstad and Williams? I know that they recently have signed a new contract with Williams, but this big Dutch company might also leave if Van der Garde is successful at Caterham.
I don't think so. Their logo matches our livery far better than Caterham's. They became our big sponsor. I doubt somebody like Van der Garde at Caterham may take Randstad from us to them.

Quote:
SehnKhan
Hopefully they stay on with Williams aswell (like Santander and 2 teams).
My bet is that McGregor will stay with Williams at least until the end of the 2012. Otherwise, they would disappear from our website at the same time, as AT&T, GAC and Sparco.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net