Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 13 of 32

Re: FW34
speed (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 06:05
Not to mean that they don't look good but championship/race winning cars would look good to us fans. I am sure if FW34 were to win races/championship half of us here would be drooling on that.

JaimeAbraham (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 06:38
should we copy of this.....and why not?

http://www.f1technical.net/images/development/2011/ger-mclaren-rw.jpg
McLaren have added new vanes at the bottom end of the rear wing endplates in order to better manage airflow around the diffuser. Vanes in this area have been copied by Red bull and Ferrari earlier on as they can greatly help generate downforce due to their proximity to the engine exhausts.
It is for the same reason that some or the components of the diffuser and the lower flipup behind the brake duct are coated with heat resistive material to prevent the underlying carbon fibre from delaminating.

its sound good, the part where is the fast airflow zone under the rear wing, so what they waiting for?

"viva mexico"

13022012 (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 07:57
I think this is last years car,...

JaimeAbraham (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 08:17
it's true, but it is still on mclaren, redbull and ferrari car.....why not Williams!

"viva mexico"

J4ck (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 08:19
Quote:
JaimeAbraham
it's true, but it is still on mclaren, redbull and ferrari car.....why not Williams!

because all the existing solutions do not work on all cars..otherwise it would be easy to make a top car smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2012 08:20 by J4ck.

mayhemfunkster (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 09:13
You can actually see the exhaust there blowing it all.

Banned!!

As Scarbs has repeatedly pointed out, this year teams will be blowing under the rear wing main plane, the beam wing, or if they are feeling racy the tops of the rear brake ducts for some non-sprung downforce (F1 Kryptonite).

mayhemlurker ;-)

JaimeAbraham (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 12:23
Quote:
J4ck
because all the existing solutions do not work on all cars..otherwise it would be easy to make a top car smiling smiley

remember f duct, we're too late to copy it, after that see the result, we jump force india for 6th place in WCC.

why not!

"viva mexico"

roadie (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 12:23
Williams ran those vanes off the bottom of the RWEP in 2009.

Gunk (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 12:53
It's possible to copy some things but not always successfully.

There has been an interesting discussion on F1 Technical about Mercedes in 2011. As so much off throttle blowing was not foreseen, the tank was actually designed too small, which compromised many races.

J4ck (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 13:13
Quote:
JaimeAbraham
Quote:
J4ck

remember f duct, we're too late to copy it, after that see the result, we jump force india for 6th place in WCC.

why not!

f duct served to stall the rear wing ... all cars have a rear wing and then they all had the benefit of speed. The aerodynamic of a car depend on the behavior of fluids on it ... and this behavior is different for all cars

JaimeAbraham (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 13:27
i'm sure we will study first before we copy it, but remember 40% of the downforce come from at the back side! sorry if i'm wrong.

"viva mexico"

J4ck (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 13:43
Quote:
JaimeAbraham
i'm sure we will study first before we copy it, but remember 40% of the downforce come from at the back side! sorry if i'm wrong.

yes for sure the team will study this and maybe will be used .... mine was a general discussion

among other things that detail has been introduced by Williams and Toyota in 2009

smiling smiley

SehnKhan (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 14:06
JaimeAbraham - if you think simply copying ideas from other teams and slapping them onto your own car is the key to success in Formula 1 then you clearly have alot to learn.

You need to be innovative and lead from the front. That's a clear starting point towards success.

j-s (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 14:28
Let's copy the ideas and get apple as uber-sponsor. Should fit right in with the ethos of the team.

JaimeAbraham (IP Logged)
15 February, 2012 23:38
Quote:
SehnKhan
JaimeAbraham - if you think simply copying ideas from other teams and slapping them onto your own car is the key to success in Formula 1 then you clearly have alot to learn.
You need to be innovative and lead from the front. That's a clear starting point towards success.

hi flinstone,which cave are you from? get out! leave your stone car!
its just a simple component, dont be late my friend, remember f duct........we're too late to used it.

"in this business sometimes we need gamble than to be innovative"

"viva mexico"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2012 23:39 by JaimeAbraham.

SehnKhan (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 00:22
Simple component though it may be (your words, not mine) - the configuration of our car, the very tight rear end - might not lend itself to benefit from introducing those additional vanes on the rear wing end plate. The airflow we experience over the rear bodywork is completely different to that of the McLaren - hence why copying that idea is not the direction Williams needs. In fact, it could be detrimental to our aero efficiency.

Like I said, an F1 team needs to be innovative - taking a gamble might work out every once in a while, but when it backfires you are playing catch-up and from much further back than usual.

Like I said - you have a lot to learn. There are significant reasons why teams don't just copy components from other teams in this sport.

j-s (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 00:51
Imitation is the highest form of flattery. If something gets copied it's because it works for everybody and somehow everybody (except 1 team) missed it.

That's why I'm a bit concerned about other teams NOT copying Williams' gearbox and rear packaging. Oh well.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 01:08
I think McLaren have better heat resistive materials than Williams.

Gunk (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 01:21
Quote:
j-s
That's why I'm a bit concerned about other teams NOT copying Williams' gearbox and rear packaging. Oh well.

As they say, necessity is the mother of invention.

I think the Williams lowline box and canted diffs came about because of the need to lower the centre of gravity, which in turn was due to the thirsty Cosworth making the car top heavy on full tanks.

I think Williams will be surprised by the Renault's need for less cooling and fuel, which may render the whole exercise futile.

JaimeAbraham (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 01:24
how innovative our small gearbox and rear part? is it worth it?

look how easy and simple redbull and ferrari copy it from mclaren, and why not us?

http://topiclessbar.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/jan-cave-people.jpg

"viva mexico"

Current Page: 13 of 32

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net