2014 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Williams Just behind the top guns
Lamag (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 13:58
According to Alex Wurz Williams is just behind the top four.

I told you guys, the car looks bloody fast smiling smiley

[www.motorsport.com]

Re: Williams Just behind the top guns
williamsdb.com (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 14:06
Think you might need to take your rose tinted glasses off!

Williams are Wurz's employee so he is somewhat duty bound to say something positive, particularly as he is there to motivate the drivers.

Car looked to be in pretty much the same position as it was last year for most of the testing, i.e. just in front of the Caterham.

It is going to take a number of years for the new team to bed in and move up the grid.

My worry is that I am not sure that they have the luxury of time. Hope I am wrong.

http://www.williamsdb.com/side.jpg

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 14:06
This is a cut down version of the whole interview where he suspects that Force India are in fact the fifth fastest team.

Bond (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 14:24
I like your gloomy pessimism williamsdb.com !!

Way to get yourself all down only to have a possible surprise feel that much more euphoric.

Whatever medz make you get through the day man.

J4ck (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 14:25
Quote:
williamsdb.com
Car looked to be in pretty much the same position as it was last year for most of the testing, i.e. just in front of the Caterham.
not sure that they have the luxury of time. Hope I am wrong.

seeing the long runs of Barcelona.... does not seem that

ADW (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 14:36
Pessimist - Glass half empty.
Optimist - Glass half full
Me - I'm just happy I've got a glass!

Beer_Stalker (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 15:12
Quote:
ADW
Pessimist - Glass half empty.
Optimist - Glass half full
Me - I'm just happy I've got a glass!

Me - Halfway to another pint (Sm129)

ronald.paloschi (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 15:42
Nice view, Beer!!

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 16:05
So according to Wurz...

P1/2 = RedBull
P3/4 = McLaren
P5/6 = Mercedes
P7/8 = Ferrari

P9/10/11/12/13/14 = Lotus, Force India and Williams, and that's assuming Toro Rosso and Sauber are slower, which they may not be.

Still, it would be an improvement!

Anderis (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 16:23
I do not care what people directly connected with one of the F1 teams say about testing.

I rembember Alonso mixed it completely before 2009. He thought that BMW and Ferrari were the quickest, Red Bull was in the second half of the field and Renault was quicker than Williams. Even I was much closer in my predicitions, so do not care. These people have much better things to do than to focus on testing times lap by lap and thinking and considering all days about who is quick and who is not.

Quote:
ramy_85
I think that after the livery launch Anderis is no longer a Williams fan, not even a fake one smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/02/2012 16:33 by Anderis.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 17:28
i really dont care who bloody fast we are..we need points and time at least avoid starting looking from the tables from the bottom

j-s (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 21:15
He never says "just behind" the top 4.

Lotus is hard to decipher after missing the last test.

At least he feels the team is relatively competitive. That's good.

01 March, 2012 14:14
Hard not to be pessimistic when you read this from today's testing...

"Maldonado out on softs in the Williams. He's still at the bottom of the times"

N

Orocairion (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 14:29
Maybe because they are just testing the new floor, rear suspension and front wing?.

Now, if you wanna believe that Williams is actually almost a second slower than Petrov in a Caterham, please suit yourself.
(Sm103)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 14:30 by Orocairion.

Bond (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 14:40
Keep taking the medz williamsdb.com !! It keeps the economy going with the health care that you need.

01 March, 2012 14:46
Believe me no-one would be more happy to see Williams perform better in 2012 than me but a bit of realism is called for.

I have been watching F1 since 1975 and following Williams since 1979 so know how it goes.

But thank you for your concern for my health - at least my medication is free on the NHS in the UK!

Neil

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 17:36
The line between realism and pesimism is thin with you. Tyres are not the all in all of it. If they are running aero tests, they may well have an engine limit on the straights for consistent data. They may also be running a lower fuel consumption to not work the car too hard. If you think every lap is driven flat out during testing, maybe it is you who is behind...

j-s (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 01:37
Endless spiral of speculation. When the car is good the pessimist say "they may have been running super light glory runs". When the car is slow the optimists say "they may have an engine limit on the straights".

I think they were practicing their victory laps. Going round slowly, soaking the scenery, practicing their congratulations through the radio. Who's to say they weren't, really?

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 08:09
great post j-s; Excellent point!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net