Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Re: Malaysia GP - Friday Sessions
Mr. Pink (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:22
Raikkonen facing five-place grid penalty

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8830/logoqz0.gif
Sir Frank: "It's what we do, we love doing it. It's like oxygen, it fixes you".

Orocairion (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:28
From the pics, it actually seems Bottas' car had the new floor.

drunkmunky (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:42
I don't see how you see that. Some of those photos were pastor. You can differentiate from the helmet.

Orocairion (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:10
Not in the pics posted here but the ones posted on f1fanatic, both in Bottas' article and the practice day gallery. And comparing them to the Jerez pictures.

Although at first sight its hard to tell the floors appart, and the only way to be 100% sure its to compare the diffusers but I haven't seen any pictures of the rear end of Bottas car or Bruno's from today.

raiden (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:18

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:28
@ Pancho Pepe,

There is little to go on for either Senna or Bottas, you are right. And yet, despite a whole winter of testing, Senna is yet to have a decent session this year. Bottas has just hopped in and made it look like Williams have two drivers going for points.

14 million, and a contract is too much to ignore, but looking at Senna's indifferent career so far, and Bottas' impeccable start, its fair to say Bottas looks more promising right now.

However, the season is young.

Pancho Pepe (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:38
C'mon Crusty, there is still way too little time to judge Bruno.

Any statistician would give a huge margin of error in judging Senna's performance.

And, now some folks are even speculating that Bottas' car was slower than Pastor's because supposedly it had an old floor!

I mean... too much bending over to favor Bottas, it seems.

What's next? Lets listen to the engine noise as Bottas' Renault might had run with limited revs?

It is just plain childish to draw conclusions based on one Friday test.

I do agree that Bottas does look promising, though, but to suggest he should replace Senna now (as some have hinted) is too premature.

And yes, as you said "the season is young".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 18:03 by Pancho Pepe.

Bond (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:42
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

I got called a moron pre-season for making a few predictions (like Pastor would crash too much) by somebody now saying Bruno hasn't adapted fast enough! Get real.

I dunno - who that is - but he was right.
Senna hasn't shown squat. SQUAT!

The meter is ticking.
Senna has had more seat time than Bottas.
Yet the latter jumps in & is always right up there.

You only hear Senna point out the bits that is negative about the FW34 but you really don't hear anything from PM or Bottas....hmmmm...maybe he just can't jump in & drive it like the other two without a bunch of adjustments.

In America - we call that "if conditions are perfect...then I can sail.'

I mean if you are going to say - 'we don't know what program each is running' but yet give the benefit of the doubt to Senna only? YOU GET REAL!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 17:48 by Bond.

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:12
Xevi Pujolar ‏ @xevipujolar Reply Retweet Favorite Open
#Sepang #F1 practice session started with slippery track as usual. We ran on the dry all day and towards the end grip was much better

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:13
#Sepang #F1 track temps above 35deg, it will be a challange to keep consistent pace in the race. Both compounds are suffering!

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:14
#Sepang #F1 for Saturday and Sunday weather looks worse and may see showers! If stays dry, track should keep improving with more rubber

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:14
#Sepang #F1 some teams have big DRS effect so QU advantage but high tyre deg, others less QU adv but strong race pace. Could be intersting!

Mr. Pink (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:16
I agree it is too early to judge. However looking at all the sessions up to now he wasn't up there with Pastor. I hope he will start tomorrow...

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8830/logoqz0.gif
Sir Frank: "It's what we do, we love doing it. It's like oxygen, it fixes you".

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:17
So looks like Williams will qualify between 10 and 15 and will have a strong race pace smiling smiley

See the above comments made by Xevi Pujolar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 18:36 by TerraNova19.

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:54
Must read:

Peter Windsor - Notes on Kimi's driving

http://peterwindsor.com/2012/03/23/notes-on-kimis-driving-2012/

MansellsMoustache (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 19:17
I don't know why everybody seems to be on Bruno's back already when the weekend (and season) is so young. God knows I'm not his biggest fan and was not happy when we picked him over Kimi and Rubens but cut the guy some slack, let him settle and show what he can do over the season. He deserves that.

I would also hope that there's not the usual wrist-slitting if we don't make Q3 tomorrow. This car doesn't seem all that hot over one-lap, let's judge our weekend on the race please.

http://i.imgur.com/BxYQe4n.jpg

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 19:34
I'm not for one minute slating Bottas. He seems like a nice guy and he looks like a very capable driver and who knows, he may be the next big thing. Good luck to the guy but at the moment he is the reserve driver. If he is the next Alonso / Vettel / Button / Hamilton then lets hope he stays with Williams.

To say Senna has shown nothing is rubbish. He showed great form in testing and then had a bad weekend in Aus. Now we are to sum up by saying that based on one practice session, he should be sacked. What a load of crap.

If he's doing Massa style performances at half season and has been constantly out-classed by Pastor then I will gladly admit that I was wrong but anyone who wants to sack a driver based on one race and one practice session is a total moron.

j-s (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 19:46
Seems that with a good car people's tolerance towards underperforming drivers is quite low. As it should.

However, judging Bruno's pace based on an incidental race and 20 something laps over a practice session is simply nuts. I'm not his biggest fan, but I'll cut him some slack.

I couldn't bring myself to hype up bottas after today's practice. 20 laps does not a phenom make.

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 19:51

Jadaero (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 20:15
Well said ozzy. Completely agree.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net