Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 11 of 16

Re: Malaysian GP - Race
tomazy (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:00
Well done team to get 6th place from this disastereous race, and well done Alonso for the win, and especialy Perez for his second place. But if he made the same mistake he did here in, lets say Melburne, he would crash into the wall and retire, I wonder what people would think of him then winking smiley

Gunk (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:01
That was a bit lucky really . . . drivers both underperformed in qualy and made many mistakes . . .

Senna drove well in the wet after the restart though . . and the pit crew are on it . . . hopefully Senna will have a bit more confidence after that finish.

Maldo missed the pit lane entry last season . . . he needs a sat nav!

PastorCrashdonado (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:02
Missed opportunity for us.

Let's hope someday they stop doing so many mistakes.

nmendes (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:08
this could have been much much better but I'll take a 6th as a starting point of the season.

we've a fantastic car and our drivers have to get proper results from now on, either on race and qualif.

Traditional Jonny (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:08
Quote:
Gunk
Maldo missed the pit lane entry last season . . . he needs a sat nav!
Is that what happened to him this year as well? I was curious as to what happened to make him drop so far down the order...

itwasntandy (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:10
its only 2 races into the season. I think Senna is going to grow as a driver now he's had a solid result.

suspect Maldonado's engine overheated after so long running under a second behind Hulk..

Also consider how in the past few years, in changeable conditions, williams have gone backwards, and finished no where. This time we got 8 points from a race, and could have had 11 easily but for the retirement.

This is a good improvement, and I think in the next couple of races at least we'll continue to have very strong pace, and the mistakes will go down as experience increases.

Zé Henrique (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:10
At the end, Senna wasn't having mistakes. He was just managing the difference between him and Di Resta. Raikkonen was very fast, so it isn't impossible catching him.

Stuart L (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:11
well, i'd say sergio perez will be in a ferrari for the next round in China, and Massa will be in the Sauber.

We are 8 points behind Lotus, and 22 behind sauber, and 2 behind FI.

I think in the dry we have the legs on sauber...but we need to start pegging them back, catching lotus will be tough - they have a class lead driver. Good news is banking points ahead of Mercedes.....we need to keep banking points whilst they are destroying tyres.

I just have a feeling Mercedes might withdraw from being a team owner and get closer to Mclaren again if their form continues to be patchy

itwasntandy (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:12
I think Senna could have had the pace to challenge Raikkonen, as he'd been matching Raikkonen's pace, but suspect engine was turned down to save it for future races, as team probably decided safer to settle for 8 points rather than risk them going for 10 again.

Willosh (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:13
it feels so awesome that i am disappointed with 1 sixth place after two races.

what would i have given to be disappointed with that result last season?

Stuart L (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:14
a very sensible decision. we needed points on the board to keep sponsors happy and keep atmosphere positive back at Grove.

First season update will be in china...I fancy a podium there. I will have a bet we will work on a bit more top speed

Anderis (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:16
Can't wait for next dry race. I have mixed feelings from today.

Pancho Pepe (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:16
"Maldonado's binned it!"

"Maldoando broke the engine in the last lap"

WOW! We are supposed to support these guys!

This is a supporters forum. It sure doesn't seem that way, as many folks are always quick to blame our drivers and not other factors such as mechanical failures or other drivers hitting us, when something goes bad.

This race was an anomaly. In normal conditions, Alonso would not be 1st and a Sauber would NOT be second.

Mechanical failures happen sometimes. We could have both guys in the points, but our performance is something to

Bruno's exceptional performance put us 7th in the constructor's championship.

I am sure the mistakes would be addressed and prevented in the future. But even Mclaren makes huge mistakes. Look at Button!!

If Pastor or Bruno would have hit the HRT as Button did, folks here would say "sack em both", I am sure.

We have a good car, and we have good drivers for the kind of team Williams is at this moment. Cheer up, guys!

Bring on Shanghai, and pray for no rain !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2012 11:21 by Pancho Pepe.

Greenmachine (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:18
Is the FI fast on the straights? Is that why maldonado closed 5 seconds in 5 laps but couldn't pass, not quite fast enough on the straights?

Willosh (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:19
Mercedes must feel like last years Williams. New innovation and the car qualifies well and then goes backward.

Stuart L (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:22
Merceded must need yet another technical director to assist their team.

Dont think they ever heard the phrase 'too many chiefs and not enough indians'. Ross Brawn needs to get his hands dirty and do a bit of design drafting

Gunk (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:22
Quote:
Stuart L
I just have a feeling Mercedes might withdraw from being a team owner and get closer to Mclaren again if their form continues to be patchy

They've upped the budget and hired every TD in sight . . . the Ross Brawn magic isn't working either.

Must be disappointing for Nico.

Willosh (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:23
Quote:
Greenmachine
Is the FI fast on the straights? Is that why maldonado closed 5 seconds in 5 laps but couldn't pass, not quite fast enough on the straights?

Hulk also had DRS as he was behind Vergne so Mal's DRS wasnt helping. Also Mal was on the option and Hulk on the prime which lasts longer.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:26
Another race with wasted points cause of our drivers.

Weldone to Senna and Maldonado for @#$%& up in qualifying and finishing out of top10.
Weldone to Senna cause of his spin and Maldonado for his funny mistake in the pitlane...great job, he even doesn't know where our crew stand.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

PastorCrashdonado (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 11:28
Let's hope that with the new updates they solve the traction problems.

Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net