Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Re: Adam Parr Resigns!
Bond (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 13:40
So basically - Williams had to do what it needed to do to survive - according to what GroveF1 posted.
SFW may appear to be a BE patsie to most i nthe world...but he had to do what was best for his team.

AP might well have said, no thank you - I was hired to run the racing team & if not then why am I here?

All speculation of course.

pgj (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 16:48
Quote:
TerraNova19
Quote:
Francesc
Quote:
Lurcher
Well that's a fine way to wake up on a Monday morning! Fare thee well, Adam. I have loved and hated you for a good few years now. Hated you for being a smarta$$ and loved you for being a very good smarta$$ for Williams. I hope your future is not at a rival team but I have some suspicion that F1 is under your skin now and I do see possibilities at FOM. Turning to Nick Rose. Altogether a higher level of performer in business financial circles. He has an impeccable record with Diageo and also has interests in Scottish Power and BT. We await your contribution with interest. I just wonder if your friends are interested in sponsorship?
I suspect this shuffle has been planned over several months and may stem from the failed/shelved situation with QNB. Whatever the reason, we owe massive thanks to Adam for turning Williams around.

No way. Bernie doesn't like him.

It is looking that way. Taking on Bernie is Not So MSP. Many others have tried and failed. He makes a great friend though.

I still ask myself if Bernie forced the exit of Adam from Williams in exchange for a better Concorde accord? For 20-30 millions more Williams will not have other alternative smiling smiley

Williams and proud of it.

j-s (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 19:55
The mole's contribution is marginally enlightening, clutching at straws like the rest of us. Still nice to read some analysis.

NeverCryWolf (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 11:01
Hello everybody (Sm150)

What surprises me is that nobody mentions Räikkönen http://www.pic4ever.com/images/297.gif

There was footage from Malaysian GP where Kimi chatted with Adam Parr, hence the question is if it's possible that Parr wanted Kimi and FW didn't?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Lotus if that's the case?

mayhemfunkster (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 11:43
Hi NCW - amazed you're still checking in here...

For me, Kimi is a sore subject. If you extrapolate his performances onto the Williams we could have had an excellent couple of races.

Apparently the result of Kimi/Williams was quite "fruity". I wonder if we will hear what went down? I suspect it wasnt Kimi that FW had a problem with - more the Robertsons - who are known for being sharks.

mayhemlurker ;-)

leon-blr (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 14:33
Guys, to your mind, who'll lead the team in future? Since there are no Frank, Patric, and Adam now.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 15:58
Toto Wolff? He has racing and business sense.

J4ck (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 16:07
Quote:
crusty_bread

I do not understand his marginal role

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/03/2012 16:08 by J4ck.

azouris (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 16:37
Quote:
crusty_bread
Sorry crusty and all the others but this obsession of yours about our chairman to be a racer for me its totally crap.

And i dont have to explained that further.

pgj (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 17:09
It was Toto that called for the technical review. It was Toto that carried out the technical review. The board acted on the technical review. Toto is still there. He may be a minority shareholder, but in no way is he marginal.

Gunk (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 17:54
Quote:
NeverCryWolf
Hello everybody (Sm150)
What surprises me is that nobody mentions Räikkönen http://www.pic4ever.com/images/297.gif

There was footage from Malaysian GP where Kimi chatted with Adam Parr, hence the question is if it's possible that Parr wanted Kimi and FW didn't?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Lotus if that's the case?

Really, who knows what went down, NCW.

Sir Frank was never very complimentary about Kimi when he was at Ferrari. When JV approached SFW about his numerous comeback attempts, he was told in no uncertain terms that old guys need not apply. Barrichello was a real exception to the rule. SFW has always favoured discovering young and CHEAP talent.

It has been rumoured that SFW and Patrick would have kept Hulk over Rubens after 2010, which is why Parr had the unpleasant duty of firing Hulk.

Since then, Rubens complained at the end of 2010 that there was, quote: 'no one he could talk to about the car. We have too many leaders but no one in control'. So who was calling the shots during the negotiations is unclear.

I prefer to take the simplistic view that any Qatar deal fell through and there never was any money for Kimi . . . or even Sutil . . . who was the first guy to have a seat fitting after all.

Like Hulk and Nico, Bottas is a typical SFW protege. Bottas seems like the real deal. But if Senna comes good and excites his sponsors into more dollars, I'd expect to see him in the car next year. Without a big influx of money from Qatar or somewhere, Williams choice of drivers is very restricted.

In passing, it's good to see that Kimi is getting a lot quicker with race time. The two years out do not appear to have affected him as much as might be expected.

pgj (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 18:11
I can't see that Kimi would have caused any friction between Adam and SFW. Williams appeared to do all it could to get him. In the end it was a business decision by Kimi.

I am also pleased that he has made a good early return to F1.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 20:52
I think Rubens' quote about having noone to talk about the car with had more to do with Sam Michael passing the buck, and Mike Coughlan working exclusively on the 2012 car.

I could hardly imagine SFW or Parr being the go-to-man when discussing traction concerns or "a high car" feeling.

As for Kimi- good on him. He is back, and a welcome addition. I can see him getting some top results this year. smiling smiley

Gunk (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 21:51
Quote:
mayhemfunkster
I suspect it wasnt Kimi that FW had a problem with - more the Robertsons - who are known for being sharks.

Must have missed your post while scrolling, funkster.

Too funny.

Yes, you would be unlikely to bump into the Robertson's at the Chelsea Flower Show.

(Sm6)

mayhemfunkster (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 21:18
And if you did, I would check you had all your fingers after shaking hands with them.

mayhemlurker ;-)

j-s (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 14:42
Feels the same today... No parr, no problem.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 22:55
Come on Claire. 'bout time we had a first lady of F1.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net