Seconds
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Friday Chinese Practice 1 and 2
Posted by: j-s (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2012 18:54

Agree about Gillan's approach, so far it's been getting results.

In a side note, I saw the first session (8pm Guatemala time, lovely) and Bottas looked quite comfortable in the damp conditions. Reasonably impressed. If only F1 had more testing days so that Bruno wouldn't have to surrender 90mins of running on race weekends. There's a discussion about it on f1fanatic.co.uk and the general consensus is that Pastor doesn't surrender his seat because of his juicy sponsorship. Not saying it's bad, just unfortunate for Senna.

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2012 21:37

Again, it's about money, isn't it.

Bottas is paying to be Williams 3rd driver and it is presumably in his contract to do FP1.

There is a point where money is self defeating. Senna doesn't know this track, so he should have the time to learn it if he is going to race.

We all know Williams needs money, but I am concerned it doesn't have the balance right at this time.

But for sure Maldonado needs to learn where the pit lane starts and where the pit is, even if he has been there before.

Posted by: roadie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 April, 2012 21:45

Do we know Bottas is paying? I was thinking he's not, and because the second (Senna's) seat was in demand, the team could decide favourable terms for the driver they've supported over a number of years.

Posted by: crusty_bread (IP Logged)
Date: 14 April, 2012 09:39

We have seen finnish sponsorship on the car, so I would assume this comes with a proviso.

Not sure what Senna is banging on about- he completed a full race in China in 2010 with HRT. Is he thinking of using this excuse for every track until Belgium? Perhaps he is concered with the way Bottas has waltzed in and done what he can't- outpace Maldonado.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net