Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Re: Chinese GP - Race
Greenmachine (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:15
Its frustrating to realize that if Maldonado had kept 6th in Australia and 10th in Malaysia... Williams would have 27 points, and be ahead of Mercedes despite their win.

KOP (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:16
Excellent race. Great strategy from the guys on the pitwall and pure racing from our drivers.

Senna was relatively quiet but another really strong result, and Pastor - well, that was one gutsy performance and some fantastic wheel-to-wheel action. They've both proven their worth. In fact I can't quite believe they're paying us $40m to race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2012 10:17 by KOP.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:16
Pastor didn't do a better job than Senna. The fact that Senna's front wing was smashed to F**K means Pastor should have beaten him considering he was behind him for most of the race and with none of the smaller winglets, Pastor should have been much faster on the straight. At the end of the day, the driver who did the better job was the one who brings home the most bacon. Today that was our Senna in only his 3rd race with Williams, with 14 points to Maldonado's 4. Now I'm not a "fan" of either driver my favourite is the one who does best for the team, and that's been Senna.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:19
Quote:
Greenmachine
Its frustrating to realize that if Maldonado had kept 6th in Australia and 10th in Malaysia... Williams would have 27 points, and be ahead of Mercedes despite their win.

Also without his engine retirement we would have had 29 (or 31 can't remember what position he was in 8th or 9th.) We've been very unlucky so far. Let's hope this race can be a good confidence boost for him.

Greenmachine (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:22
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think Senna will turn out to be quite good. I think our driver pairing will mimic McLaren's in a way. Maldonado has the outright speed and unlearned talent to make results happen (Hamilton), whereas Senna is very much the thinking driver and has the smoothness to make results happen (Button).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2012 10:23 by Greenmachine.

PastorCrashdonado (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:23
Quote:
Mikef1
Pastor didn't do a better job than Senna. The fact that Senna's front wing was smashed to F**K means Pastor should have beaten him considering he was behind him for most of the race and with none of the smaller winglets, Pastor should have been much faster on the straight. At the end of the day, the driver who did the better job was the one who brings home the most bacon. Today that was our Senna in only his 3rd race with Williams, with 14 points to Maldonado's 4. Now I'm not a "fan" of either driver my favourite is the one who does best for the team, and that's been Senna.

I don't agree, Pastor was better. Just the fact that Senna hit Massa on the start and then sent Pastor off track makes Maldonado's race better as it was faultless.

rrafekaj (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:24
And what if Senna's impossible approach speed to turn 1 DID take them both off at the start?
2XDNF
That was flipping close. :-/

great race after that (Sm152)

Greenmachine (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:25
I agree, Francesc. Lets not forget the 3-way on lap 54 between him, Kobayashi, and Alonso into turn 1. That was some hair raising racing! Maldonado kept it together and came out on top. I rate both Alonso (obviously) and Kobayashi, but Maldonado didn't lose his head.

Vancha (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:28
Come on, guys - double point finish. Cheers everyone! ; )

15 April, 2012 10:32
Quote:
Greenmachine
I agree, Francesc. Lets not forget the 3-way on lap 54 between him, Kobayashi, and Alonso into turn 1. That was some hair raising racing! Maldonado kept it together and came out on top. I rate both Alonso (obviously) and Kobayashi, but Maldonado didn't lose his head.

Agreed. I'm still amazed that he managed to keep Alonso behind.

And his battle with Grosjean wasn't bad either, I still don't know why his DRS wasn't working at that point.

FrankDC (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:32
Great race overall really!

Nice to see both drivers score, race pace is good, in the end we finished 10 seconds off podium!

If we can also improve our qualify pace, then we may have some more happy moments coming smiling smiley

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:33
I agree a great result for the team. After just three races we are miles ahead of where we were last year ... a result to make Frank happy!

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:35
Fair enough but at the same time when it came to the two of them, he couldn't get past. If he did, I agree he could have left Senna behind. Nevertheless, we saw some great wheel to wheel action from both drivers and neither of them were pressured into mistakes. Bruno needs to sort his starts out, as to who did best, we'll agree to disagree.

Sumon (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:36
Hmm, it seems I was watching a different race...

Some guys still @#$%& about Senna in particular. Senna had a flawless start. He was aggressive right from the beginning and overtook a few cars. Then Massa braked too soon causing Senna to crash into him...

The second episode was called "Senna crashed into Maldonado again" by someone. I have the following question to that person: "Are you @#$%& stupid?"

Was it Senna's fault that despite starting behind Maldonado and crashing into Massa, Senna was still faster and wanted to gain a higher position? Senna overtook Maldonado. But because of tight corners Maldonado was forced to go off track a little bit during the overtake.

And after that episode Maldonado wasn't in the back of the grid, Maldonado was 13th while Senna 11th.

Now it comes to my mind. What is your problem with Senna? For the second race in a row he had a great race and more importantly delivered important points. From 14th he finished 7th. Yes, he made a few mistakes. But he overcame them and finished in top 10...

The only thing that I found @#$%& up was Senna's pit strategy.

Pancho Pepe (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:37
Quote:
MikeF1
At the end of the day, the driver who did the better job was the one who brings home the most bacon.

Well Mike, but bringing the most bacon by hitting another driver and making your teammate lose positions because of it, makes that bacon less tasty to me.

Who knows where Pastor could have ended if it wasn't for the incident caused by Senna. It could have been a double DNF.

In any case, both of our guys are bringing points. We should be very happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2012 10:40 by Pancho Pepe.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:40
Quote:
Sumon
Some guys still @#$%& about Senna in particular. Senna had a flawless start. He was aggressive right from the beginning and overtook a few cars. Then Massa braked too soon causing Senna to crash into him...

The second episode was called "Senna crashed into Maldonado again" by someone. I have the following question to that person: "Are you @#$%& stupid?"

Was it Senna's fault that despite starting behind Maldonado and crashing into Massa, Senna was still faster and wanted to gain a higher position? Senna overtook Maldonado. But because of tight corners Maldonado was forced to go off track a little bit during the overtake.

And after that episode Maldonado wasn't in the back of the grid, Maldonado was 13th while Senna 11th.

Now it comes to my mind. What is your problem with Senna? For the second race in a row he had a great race and more importantly delivered important points. From 14th he finished 7th. Yes, he made a few mistakes. But he overcame them and finished in top 10...

I'm deleting my reply to this because frankly, this guy clearly is "@#$%& stupid" to quote himself. if he can't see that I was praising Senna's race, but also being critical about the mistakes that he made. I can't stand biased driver supporters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2012 10:43 by Mikef1.

Greenmachine (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:40
You won't see me trashing Senna. After watching his racing in the lower formula, I felt rather confident going into the season. I've been saying it since winter testing. Senna will be good for the team even if it takes a little time, maybe not in the first few races (I was wrong), but he has speed.

raiden (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:41
From the first view it seemed Senna crashed on Maldonado. You cant understand much in Milliseconds time from the start. After the first replay I did understand what really happened there.

Anyway, Pastor crashed a ForceIndia on the end of the first lap thats why he had a broken nose cone.

http://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/19233/192338903985508e4b68e3756c03b727f79163c0.png

WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING

15 April, 2012 10:43
Quote:
Sumon

Come on, no one here hates Bruno. But we're just pointing out the obvious. Senna is too agressive on the first lap, a race can't be won on the first lap, but can be lost. Today we were lucky that after hitting Massa that didn't make Felipe spin as it could have been a strike with both Williams out after the first corner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2012 10:45 by Francesc.

Lamag (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 10:50
Great result for Williams

Hahhahha Nico Rosberg jhajjajj

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net