Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: barca GP the acid test.
Beer_Stalker (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 22:53
People on other fora think Lewis would have driven off into the distance had he kept pole but the
lap time chart tells a different story.

Senna said that our pace in the final sector was a good indicator for Monaco.

tomazy (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 22:54
We were mega in the final sector smiling smiley

PastorCrashdonado (IP Logged)
14 May, 2012 11:00
That maybe is the biggest reason of our sudden jump in speed: improvement on our weakest point, slow speed performance.

rrafekaj (IP Logged)
14 May, 2012 11:03
Quote:
Beer_Stalker
People on other fora think Lewis would have driven off into the distance had he kept pole but the

Hamilton was conserving his tyres the whole race and spent quite a bit of time in traffic. he was on a different strategy completely. We can't read anything into that.

rrafekaj (IP Logged)
14 May, 2012 11:03
Quote:
Beer_Stalker

Hamilton was conserving his tyres the whole race and spent quite a bit of time in traffic. he was on a different strategy completely. We can't read anything into that.

rrafekaj (IP Logged)
14 May, 2012 11:23
dunno how that happened sorry

Bond (IP Logged)
14 May, 2012 15:47
STFU kenji & whitepee! STFU!!

We could care less what standards you have set.
We did this on our own merit & will.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2012 16:22 by Bond.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2012 16:01
Still in a great mood today. Great job by the team.

Bond (IP Logged)
14 May, 2012 16:23
Quote:
Mikef1
Still in a great mood today. Great job by the team.

True Dat!

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
14 May, 2012 23:53
Quote:
Francesc
That maybe is the biggest reason of our sudden jump in speed: improvement on our weakest point, slow speed performance.

I thought the Williams cars had always been pretty good in the slower speed stuff? What we've seen this year is a apparently a downgrade in the importance of high speed aero. It seems you can live with less downforce or an unstable car, as long as the tyres click.

In retrospect and with that in mind, it's a bit easier to see why Mercedes and Williams have been quite strong at times this season, since of the midfield teams they've had a couple of tough seasons aero wise.

http://www.users.on.net/~loud_howard/webber/sigs/webbersiglatest4.jpg
http://www.patronisef1.com - My solution to F1's 'bore' problem.

pgj (IP Logged)
15 May, 2012 09:52
Quote:
K1
the time has come for williams to put up. this will be the fifth race and by now they should have a far clearer direction as to where they are headed.
at the end of this race 25% of the season will be completed and there needs to be substantial points taken. currently running seventh is not anywhere near good enough at this stage.

all teams will be sporting upgrades of varying performance but it is now that the real contenders will start to appear. the race may well be inconclusive but as an indicator i am sure barca will be a signpost to the future unless of course one team cracks an almighty new feature which nobody else has!!!!

Prophetic. You must have at least one crystal ball! lol

Williams and proud of it.

PastorCrashdonado (IP Logged)
15 May, 2012 10:14
Quote:
LoudHoward
Quote:
Francesc

I thought the Williams cars had always been pretty good in the slower speed stuff? What we've seen this year is a apparently a downgrade in the importance of high speed aero. It seems you can live with less downforce or an unstable car, as long as the tyres click.

Yep, traditionally slow speed stuff has been Williams strongest point, but not this year or the last one. From our drivers comments in pre-season and even during the first races the FW34 had a big deficit in the slow speed corners. But after Mugello test I would say that has been corrected and now the car doesn't have and obvious weak point.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2012 10:21
It was also clear watching races when the 34 was near another car, how much traction difference there was. Didn't really notice any traction problems with the 34 in comparison with Nando. It must have been good enough to build up that big gap on the straight after they were so close in the chicaine, preventing him from using his DRS to overtake us.

pgj (IP Logged)
15 May, 2012 10:44
Monaco is a one-off circuit and the 34 will have a package that might only be used at one other circuit.

So long as there is grunt and grip coming out of slow corners, overtaking is almost impossible. A slower car can easily keep a faster one behind it. I predict a good weekend in Monaco so long as we have a good qually.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2012 10:51
Especially if we nail pitstop strategy as well as we did. Maybe Bruno will have more luck with the supersofts.

rrafekaj (IP Logged)
15 May, 2012 11:37
I don't know what the odds are but I think Pastor each way (1-4th) would be a safe bet for monaco. Another win and i will begin to get very excited. Qually will be key and in that respect if the reverend can hang it out and not trash the car on his barnstorming q3 pole attempt we should be fighting with the big boys.

poulao (IP Logged)
15 May, 2012 12:09
I think we need to keep a cool head, nearly all the major teams made mistakes and or (IMO stupid) tactical decisions in Spain. I mean, it doesn't seem to be possible to extract the full performance out of the cars on the tires they are using. Pastor could easily have driven 2 sec. a lap quicker, that's the potential of the car. So, who knows, Monaco might be all over the place as well. [:wor kid:] But, of cause it would be nice to win again. smiling smiley

gpl (IP Logged)
15 May, 2012 14:03
monaco is a bit of a lottery

pgj (IP Logged)
15 May, 2012 21:38
Quote:
Beer_Stalker

Senna said that our pace in the final sector was a good indicator for Monaco.

This was a win that was not lucky. Nando admitted that the Williams had more pace and better grip at the endo of the race. He had the good grace to say that he was proud to share the podium on Pastor's first win.

Martin WHitmarsh also said that he thought that the Williams would have had too much pace for the Macca. He did say that he would have liked to have given it a go from the front row though.

This was a win that was well deserved. No question in my mind. Didn't the Maccas try a two stop strategy and had to change it when their tyres started to go off? Don't buy that this win was in anyway lucky or undeserved at any price. Just sour grapes imo.

tomazy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2012 22:11
Quote:
pgj
Martin WHitmarsh also said that he thought that the Williams would have had too much pace for the Macca. He did say that he would have liked to have given it a go from the front row though.

Do you have a link please smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net