Minutes
Seconds
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Current Page: 11 of 13

Re: Spanish GP - Saturday Practice & Qualifying
Posted by: Pancho Pepe (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2012 22:28

Well guys, its a total party-like atmosphere in Caracas, after learning of Pastor's pole.

Local TV commentators very emotional in describing Pastor's thought to be P2, which was historical for Venezuelans.

Ever since we watched our Johnny Cecotto in 1984 partner a rookie which had the same last name as Bruno, we all dream of having one of our own make it in F1.

Pastor has made it big time, finally.

The Reverend's superb drive, might finally shut the mouths of the many who doubted his skills, his will and his perseverance. No more "pay driver" crap, I hope.

I've been following Pastor since his Formula Renault years, I never doubted the kid was one day going to be up front in F1.

His recent, current and future achievements, prove that his sponsors, i.e. the people and government of Venezuela, were right in investing in him.

Sorry for sounding so emotional. But man, we F1 fans here have spent decades cheering for the Brazilians, and then for Juan Pablo Montoya... so now, to celebrate a P1 from one of our own almost bring tears to our eyes.

Thanks to you all who have supported the boy since he became part of the team. Its been hard, trust me, I know. The circumstances of his arrival into F1, were controversial, especially after Williams let Hulk go, instead of Rubens, to make room for Maldy. But for those like me who have never doubted Pastor's talent, this result is not unexpected.

Now, can he win? yes he can! Remember that statistically, to win in Barcelona, you must start from pole.

Williams has had excellent race pace, what we needed was some decent qualifying performance. At least in Pastor's FW34, we've got that (Dunno WTF is wrong with the Senna part of the team, though, and I refuse to speculate or bad mouth Bruno, whom I trust will keep delivering strong points).

My only concern is that we did use those soft tyres a bit more than, say, downunderman Mark Webber. However, Pastor did fewer Q2 laps than many others in softs, so we might still have enough rubber.

Anyways. I'm happy everyone is now saying now that Williams is back!

Pastor said the team atmosphere is one of great optimism, so I think this can only help us stay inspired and minimize errors for the race.

Last thing, more than happy I am also relieved. I can only imagine what Pastor is feeling. Hopefully, this strong result will be like a spark that ignites a long chain of excellent results for us. For many drivers, a first pole or first win give them a long lasting shot of confidence. I think this is just what Pastor needed to finally set foot in F1 and start challenging the best.

Looking forward to tomorrow, and hoping for a mistake-free race that puts Sir Frank Williams in the podium receiving the constructor's trophy on his 70th birthday, after F1 fans around the world hear the Venezuelan National Anthem "Glory to the Brave People" for the first time with Pastor spraying Mums from the top of the podium.

I guess I'm gonna have to take sleeping pills if I want to sleep tonight.

Congrats to Xevi Pujolar, Coughlan, Gillan, Somerville, and company.

Good times ahead "for sure" as Pastor likes to say.

Saludos!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 22:35 by Pancho Pepe.

Posted by: Tomasz Falkowski (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2012 22:30

Great resault by Team,and Pastor !!
There is one member that guessed PP by Pastor:
[forums.autosport.com]
Well done Andreis!

Posted by: Mansell`s flying wheelnut (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2012 22:47

Nice one Pancho, I'm really pleased for Venezuela.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2012 23:00

It so strange that I haven't celebrate Pastor's results, yet. I have so many things in my head that I didn't pay very much attention to that. Just after quali I changed my TV over Giro and watched that Hesjedal for my favourite team becomes the leader of the race. What a day... to much good emotions to really feel like experience them all.

That was a fluke with my bet on autosport forum. :p

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2012 23:25

Great pace by Pastor and Williams. The car is now FAST. That's amazing. Really dissapointed by Bruno this weekend. Poor performance. I just hope he keeps his head in the race and goes for the top 10.

Lets pray that Pastor can bring home a bag of points tomorrow. The win may be on but he has to realise that the Lotus cars are very fast. Mclaren are not close so Lotus must be looking for the win.

It's going to be.....interesting. Please Pastor, prove me wrong and don't throw it all away like you usually do. It's time to grow up and show you are a real F1 driver.

Posted by: Beer_Stalker (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2012 23:28

Not many pics of Pastor available so far:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/will-mald-barc-2012.jpg

Shocking set of photos from Sutton images. Looks like they had a trainee shoot qually:

http://photos.gpupdate.net/large/198847.jpg

Posted by: zacanema (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2012 23:45

http://s1-03.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/578271170.jpg?key=464640

Posted by: zacanema (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2012 23:50

http://www.ultimasnoticias.com.ve/Radioglobal/common/audiovideo/pastor-maldonado-REUTERS.jpg

Joking about Hamilton i guess (Sm126) (Sm126)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 23:53 by zacanema.

Posted by: Bond (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 00:04

Quote:
A.Fant
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

These victory dances represent my joy for Williams' first dry weather pole position since 2005!

Frackin Carlton-ing up!!! Yea!!!
I'm saving this for tomorrow's win!!!!!

GO WILLIAMS!! DREAM BIG - DO BIG - BOYZ!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2012 00:06 by Bond.

Posted by: joepr (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 00:53

Quote:
TerraNova19
Quote:
joepr
It seems that the Blown Diffuser was worth more than .5/sec they had claimed. Webber RBR is almost 2 secs difference from last year and a large chunk of that is no blown diffuser.
It is incredible the turn around from the FW-33 to the FW-34 in such a short time. Now we need our drivers to rise to the occasion and deliver

Quote:
rpralon
Qualify Times Spain 2011/2012
Webber (Red Bull)
2011 1:20:981 POLE
2012 1:22:977 12th

Dif : + +1.996

Hamilton (Mclaren)

2011 1:21.961 3th
2012 1?21:707 POLE

Dif - 0.254s

Alonso (Ferrari)

2011 1:21.964 4th
2012 1:22:302 3th
Dif. : + 0,338s

Pastor (Williams)
2011 1:22:962 9th
2012 1:22:285 2th
Dif,: - 0677s

Rosberg( Mercedes)
2011 1:22:599 7th
2012 1:23:005 7th
Dif.: + 0,406s

Perez (Sauber)
2011 1:23:367 12th
2012 1'22.533 6th
Dif.: -0.864s

You did not count the engine change!

The 2 secs difference is not from Williams. RBR times from last year to this is almost 2 sec.

Posted by: Beatrix (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 01:20

Waking up to see Pastor has pole is even better than waking up to breakfast in bed. Can't wait for the race!

http://imageshack.com/a/img33/9503/0tgt.jpg

Posted by: J4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 01:35

i'm happy for you and your country Pancho winking smiley

Posted by: KOP (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 02:04

This race should actually be very revealing. Since the start of the season we've been using Ferrari and Lotus as a benchmark, and now we're going up against them on a clear track without any McLarens/Bulls to distort the picture.

I hate to get my hopes up because I'm haunted by images of a Williams spinning off and bogging down in the gravel. Still, wouldn't a podium be wonderful?

Posted by: rrafekaj (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 02:10

holly crap. I just got back from a wedding to read this!
Awesome result.

loving the doubters backtrack too ha ha FOOLS

Posted by: spam1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 02:32

i really wish people would get off Bruno's back. He is a williams driver and deserves our support. He actually needs more time in the car, but cannot run in the fp1 on friday, so is already at a disadvantage for the weekend

So what if Bottas gets good times, remember Anthony Davidson at Honda...

Still think Bruno is a good bet for some points tomorrow!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2012 02:42 by spam1.

Posted by: WilliamsF1Portugal (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 03:04

Nice analysis smiling smiley

[youtu.be]]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2012 03:04 by WilliamsF1Portugal.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 07:27

lewis ended his pole position interview it was nice to see williams and my old team mate here with me... i guess he was referring to hrt and maroussia tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Beer_Stalker (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 07:52

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/will-mald-frankwilliams-barc-2012-1.jpg

Posted by: tomazy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 08:43

Quote:
Beatrix
Waking up to see Pastor has pole is even better than waking up to breakfast in bed. Can't wait for the race!

I really hope that you will change your signature picture after todays race Beatrix smiling smiley

Posted by: GroveF1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2012 09:05

Before the 3 of them had their pics taken outside, someone from mclaren whipered something over the rail to lewis in his ear. Don't know what it was but lewis didn't look happy

Current Page: 11 of 13
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net