Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Fire at Williams garage
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 16:20
Reports coming in saying there was a fire at the Williams garage, which has being put out, possibly caused by KERS.

Re: Fire at Williams garage
13 May, 2012 16:22

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 16:25
Sky Sports F1 ‏ @SkySportsF1
The fire thankfully seems to have been put out. A Force India team member who was helping at the scene is being taken to hospital.

13 May, 2012 16:25
Reports say that Senna's car was completely destroyed. Force India team member who was helping taken to hospital.

tomazy (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 16:35

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 16:38
Sky Sports F1 ‏ @SkySportsF1
At the medical centre is @NataliePinkham and Otmar Szafnauer tells her that their Force India mechanic is being treated for smoke inhalation

AT&T (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 16:40
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3yvtkeHb61r0dntdo1_500.jpg

13 May, 2012 16:42
Not the way anyone wanted the day to end after such a high

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 16:45
It is good nobody got hurt!

tomazy (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 16:52

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 16:54
A fire has broken out in the Williams garage with smoke engulfing the pitlane at the Circuit de Catalunya.

Fumes of smoke were seen to billow out of the Williams pit approximately an hour after the team's victory at Barcelona, although the flames are now believed to have been put out.

Sky Sports F1's Ted Kravitz was in the pit lane at the time of the fire and said: "I saw the fire take hold and it just absolutely erupted. We were talking to Alex Wurz at the time and we were just having a look [into the garage] and suddenly I saw this wall of flame erupt from behind the Williams garage divider.

"It looked to be in the area where they store things like fuel and oil and gearboxes and computers and there will be an immense amount of damage to a lot of equipment."

Sky Sports F1 reported that it understood that a Force India mechanic had been taken to hospital and Ted added: "Frank [Williams] was wheeled out very quickly, I saw it myself over my shoulder.

"I'm pleased to see I haven't seen any ambulances going to the aid of any people. I'm not saying there are not causalities because we just don't know that at the moment. There are a lot of Williams people who have inhaled smoke."

More to follow...

13 May, 2012 16:54
oh hell not good

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 16:55

AT&T (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 16:56
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3yxhoXMnJ1r0dntdo1_500.jpg

PastorCrashdonado (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 17:00
Even on a day like this we can't stop having bad luck.

Greenmachine (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 17:05
Senna's car looks okay. I hope that most of the equipment was already out of the garage because they were doing their post race pack up.

I bet the reported injuries are mostly smoke inhalation and minor burns. Well, I hope anyway.

raiden (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 17:06
It seems Senna name is cursed or something.

Thank god noone got hurt!

But we lost equipment :/

http://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/19233/192338903985508e4b68e3756c03b727f79163c0.png

WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 17:07
The Senna's car does not look so bad.

Looks like the KERS battery was moved in the back of the garage.

There the most damage should be!

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 17:08
Garage fire mars Williams’ post-race celebrations 13 May 2012

Williams’ celebrations of Pastor Maldonado’s Spanish Grand Prix victory have been cut dramatically short after a fire broke out in the team’s garage shortly after the race, engulfing the Barcelona pit lane in thick smoke.

Mechanics from various teams took immediate action to extinguish the flames and emergency services arrived soon after. There are no immediate reports of any serious injuries, though some Force India and Williams personnel have been taken to the medical centre.

Williams tester Valtteri Bottas told UK F1 broadcasters Sky that there had been some kind of explosion in the back of the garage while Sir Frank Williams was giving a victory speech to the team.

There was extensive damage to the Williams equipment in the garage, which contained Bruno Senna's car, the Brazilian having retired early from the race after a collision with Mercedes' Michael Schumacher.

With the fire safely extinguished, police cordoned off the affected area of the pit lane.

More to follow.

PastorCrashdonado (IP Logged)
13 May, 2012 17:15
http://www.formula1.com/wi/0x0/sutton/2012/dcd1213my50.jpg
http://www.formula1.com/wi/0x0/sutton/2012/dne1213my500.jpg

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net