Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Re: Senna's seat (for 2013 - my comment) under threat at Williams
Sumon (IP Logged)
29 May, 2012 11:24
Quote:
rrafekaj
If we had another driver like senna how optimistic would we be feeling about the next race - and the FW34 in general?

Having two drivers with the very same driving styles would be extremely dumb.

As many have already said, Pastor and Bruno in Williams is like Lewis and Jenson in McLaren.

ronald.paloschi (IP Logged)
29 May, 2012 11:55
I'd rather have Pastor winning a race and screwing the next than having Senna's bureaucratic races... You gotta be kidding me if you think 10th is a good result with this car.

This is a race winning car for God's sake!!!!

I see 2009 happening again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/05/2012 11:57 by ronald.paloschi.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
29 May, 2012 12:09
Quote:
Sumon
Quote:
rrafekaj
If we had another driver like senna how optimistic would we be feeling about the next race - and the FW34 in general?

Having two drivers with the very same driving styles would be extremely dumb.

As many have already said, Pastor and Bruno in Williams is like Lewis and Jenson in McLaren.

except that Pastor is far less consistent than Hamilton and Senna is far slower and far less consistent than Button. Likening Senna, with a best result of 6th to Button, a former world champion is driver propaganda gone mad.

With different driving styles you get different feedback, different preferences, and invariably one unhappy camper.

Kubica and Heidfeld preferred different handling characteristics at BMW, Button and Barrichello preferred different braking characteristics at Honda/Brawn. They pulled in different directions with car development and neither were ever fully happy at the same time.

You could also argue that as Button has got the McLaren more to his liking, so Hamilton's form has suffered.

If Senna had the same driving style as Pastor he would be able to use Pastor's set up and get into Q3 as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/05/2012 12:14 by crusty_bread.

PastorCrashdonado (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 09:31
I'm sure Senna is not that slow as he looks. As Gillan said he's having problems to extract the max out of new tyres in qualifying.

In my opinion he's as fast as Maldonado. Hopefully soon he will get on top of his problems.

31 May, 2012 16:44
I agree Francesc, he is not the only one who has struggled with the tyres, Massa, Button, Vettel and others have all suffered to varying degrees, Bruno will come good and get on the podium soon I reckon, but it wont be enough to save his seat at Williams, but if he can get on top of the tyres and string some good results together I am sure he will get a seat elswhere, I hope he does but unless he wins a few races surely Botass will be in for next year.

gpl (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 18:26
I still do not rate him ,i think it is more than tyres.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 21:05
Let's see how it unfolds. I still think Senna can do it. Button is having an equally poor early season. Is he a@#$%&driver as well?

Senna can do this. He just needs to find the key.

PABLO 27 (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 21:27
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Let's see how it unfolds. I still think Senna can do it. Button is having an equally poor early season. Is he a@#$%&driver as well?
Senna can do this. He just needs to find the key.

That's the difference we do know that Button is a great driver...

http://i45.tinypic.com/2evb1aw.jpg

GO TEAM WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anderis (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 06:51
Button has won the race this season and has finished second after good driving at China. I wish Senna has equally poor early season in this aspect.

K1 (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 08:19
c'mon guys. it's a lottery. whoever holds the winning ticket walks away with all the goodies.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 21:15
I agree K1, Marks' win in Monaco was pure luck.

K1 (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 02:08
yes ozzie, you right. he bought the ticket.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net