Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Re: Monaco Sunday
Goxxy (IP Logged)
27 May, 2012 21:42
A race to forget, TBH. Also, this is the first race that was completely dull apart from the first corner shunt between Schumacher and Grosjean. Everything else was utterly dull...

Once more, Pastor turned out to be quite unlucky and he was very much influenced by the Schumacher/Grosjean/Kobayashi/De La Rosa incident that he tried and couldn't avoid. The thing that scared me the most was Senna's first lap, the Mirabeau corner (T6), where he almost hit Hulkenberg... I was sure that our weekend will end there.

Good thing is that we collected at least a signle point, Sauber didn't get any and tha FIFI are still way back. Unfortunately Mercedes got away but I still believe that 5th or even 4th in WCC is achievable, if both drivers get their act together and if the team has luck on their side...

Roll on Canada, hopefully with a better result.

Anderis (IP Logged)
27 May, 2012 22:28
Quote:
Goxxy
Roll on Canada, hopefully with a better result.
There were so many "roll on Monaco" after Spain, that I'm starting to worry reading that yet again.

At least Hesjedal has rescued my weekend. grinning smiley

Quote:
ramy_85
I think that after the livery launch Anderis is no longer a Williams fan, not even a fake one smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/05/2012 22:34 by Anderis.

Gunk (IP Logged)
27 May, 2012 23:04
Quote:
Goxxy
Good thing is that we collected at least a point, Sauber didn't get any and tha FIFI are still way back. Unfortunately Mercedes got away

As you say, Goxxy, some luck is involved.

We tend to focus on Pastor and Bruno but . . what about Schumi? Only 2 points to Nico's 59.But he had some bad luck.

An experienced old guy does not always guarantee points. THough I suspect Rubens or Heidfeld would have done a better job at Merc or Williams to date . . .

All the same, our main problem is with two, high-risk guys in the driver line up. It's a bad pairing , , , But the accountants made the decision and we have to live with it.

In a recent blog, Joe Saward suggested that - if it wasn't for money - Bottas and Hulk would be driving for Williams. These are the guys SFW picked out for future star quality.

The real problem is . we need some new, non driver dependent sponsors. . .

solus (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 00:35
i thought only me feels boring......

Everyone is Positive, the negative is street circuit!

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 01:35
Nah the race was@#$%&Button couldn't even get past the Caterham that's how bad it was :/ Do we still need Monaco? Its really quite overrated.

K1 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 05:49
some weekends/races are best forgotten, filed away in the dustbin of history. it all started to go wrong on saturday. how soon the euphoria dissipates.

canada is an entirely different race and williams will once again have a chance to stretch their legs somewhat. they do have the basis of a competitive package, they just have to ensure that they maximise their potential in all areas and at the same time install some discipline into maldonado's approach. all this macho BS does not win races or places on a consistent basis.

controlled aggression works but first you need to have superlative race craft. i think that if they put this weekend well behind them they will once again present a competitive package in montreal.

speed (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 06:37
Agree with K1 there. I hope this weekend will put Maldonado back on earth (looked liked he wasn't). Win a championship of two before you start to act like a co.ck.

I hope to be back in top 5 in Canada.

And Senna, please get yourself up in top 10. This car is capable of doing that.

PS: I meant top 10 in qualifying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/05/2012 08:22 by speed.

WilliamsF1_boy (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 07:38
It looks like the mentality of our driver pair is like McLaren’s – Senna is calm and smooth, and Pastor is aggressive and fast but prone to mistakes and stupid decisions from time to time. The biggest problem for them is the experience imo. The laps of Senna were getting better and better as the race goes, and the same was in the previous races, where he scored. It looks like he still doesn’t know how to extract the maximum of the car at the beginning of a race weekend.
As for Pastor, I think he will stop with the BS, but the problem is that in the mean time we lose a lot of points.
I am also concerned that their inexperience slows down the development of the car.
I hope that they will be able to learn faster as the season progresses, otherwise it will be the next lost very promising season.

MViper (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 08:36
I wonder what our driver coach/manager Alex Wurz thinks of Pastors actions. I don't think he's too pleased about that.

http://shrani.si/f/2W/3l/1A4e95Ej/2014-sig-3.png

solus (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 09:31
you want pastor change his driving style.....the answer is no way.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 10:03
Senna isn't calm in the car during qualifying, he always panics and puts way too much pressure on himself. He always says he pushes to hard in qualifying. In the race he's better though

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 10:19
I'm well impressed with Hamilton this year. He said he has come with a new approach and it looks like he means it.

Pastor needs to look at him and learn. You may be quick and have a decent car but sometimes you have to accept that you can't just drive over everybody.

As already mentioned, Senna just needs to get his head around quali and I think he could be a good consistant points scorer this year. He seems to go forwards in races most of the time which is a good thing.

K1 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 12:11
yes ozzie, you are right re the hamilton reincarnation. last year he drove like a 'goose' and rubbished his own reputation. this year he has toned it down and is showing some maturity despite his subpar performances. i do believe that it is a combination of car and other issues but he seems to be driving in a far more sensible and controlled fashion.

maldonado is exhibiting all the tendencies of rash decision making and not clear thinking. maybe it is symptomatic of someone trying to show that he can mix it with the top professionals. race craft is borne out of experience at the very top level. after his drive in barca i fully expected more but he reverted to type seen earlier.

the season is still young but it is remarkable how points flushed down the toilet are impossible to retrieve.

A.Fant (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 12:55
The driver that confuses me this year is Button, who IMO was looking dominant in the first three races and has absolutely disappeared since.

He won in Oz, threw away a win in Malaysia when he tangled with Karthikeyan, and drove excellently up to 2nd in China. But ever since everything has gone @#$%& up and he hasn't even looked fast during the races.

mayhemfunkster (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 13:31
I think it is Button's typical finnecky nature with setup combined with Hamilton performing at the top level (despite results). It makes Jenson look worse than he is. Quali woes are resulting in him getting compromised strategies in the pack.

That's my 10cents!

mayhemlurker ;-)

solus (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 14:57
why no penalty for Kova and one Toro Roso, they cross the yellow lines(outpit), Kova did twice.

why Maldo finish last, but Grosjean crash first?

j-s (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 16:23
Yes, Button has been AWOL the last few races. Hope to see him ahead of Hamilton again soon.

PABLO 27 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 19:01
Quote:
MViper
I wonder what our driver coach/manager Alex Wurz thinks of Pastors actions. I don't think he's too pleased about that.

Welll he never finished higher than 3rd..so I don't think he can say anything bad to Pastor...

http://i45.tinypic.com/2evb1aw.jpg

GO TEAM WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j-s (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 19:21
Only race winners like myself can criticize Maldonado. Just last week I absolutely dominated the whole Monaco weekend on my PS3.

PastorCrashdonado (IP Logged)
28 May, 2012 19:55
Quote:
PABLO 27
Quote:
MViper

Welll he never finished higher than 3rd..so I don't think he can say anything bad to Pastor...

So a Tennis player shouldn't have a coach unless the coach is a better player than him. Or a Football team only can have the best ever player of the world as a coach.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net