Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Re: Canadian Gp Race
K1 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 01:41
in summary then....another weekend to forget. this is now becoming repetitious and the time is coming fast when lost chances will be fatal.

one third of the season has now been completed and whilst the top order is constantly being shuffled there are chances for williams to pick up good points provided that they can get their collective 'merge' together.

the tyres are proving to be the decisive factor, more so than at any time i can recall. the top teams have still not got any definitive answers so this is the time for teams like williams to capitalise.

valencia will be another difficult race and i would hesitate to even hazard a guess who will win but if williams can get a weekend out without drama they still have a chance of getting good points. a very big ask considering.

mayhemfunkster (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 09:06
I agree with K1's sentiments.

I think this season, you need, more than ever, drivers you can depend on. And we are sorely lacking in that department.

I honestly think with the exception of HRT, we have the weakest driver pairing on the grid.

Pastor just WILL NOT learn and Bruno is now sinking without trace. Annoying as I still think the car is basically competitive.

mayhemlurker ;-)

eemtij (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 09:36
I know I will draw some flak by saying we should have at least retained the old man for another year.

Some may disagree but after the last 2 races, we badly need an experienced driver.

K1 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 11:10
perhaps the most annoying thing MHF is that maldonados win was an exceptionally mature and sensible piece of driving.

so, yes, he can deliver given all the right circumstances but it is getting that delivery consistent.

each and every race is unique in so many ways it is hard to quantify but maldonado would be wise to play the percentages in a year where there is a halfway decent car at his disposal.

alonso/webber/vettel et al are all seasoned top flight racers who have each had just one win but where they are. they bring home the points in each and every race. maldonado could be doing this if he could curb his on track idiosyncrasies and drive with his head instead of his 'cojones'.

hamilton has traded in his goose feathers and he is driving sensibly this season and it shows in the points table although his new found humility i find a tad too saccharine for my liking.

rrafekaj (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 11:39
TBF Pastor did manage to stay out of trouble in the race so that's a positive - not his fault the car wasn't quick enough to make a serious challenge on the points positions. Sure he hit the wall of champions but that bodes well for the future no? winking smiley

11 June, 2012 11:56
Exactly K1. He has shown he can do it. The fact he can't do it regularly shows a lack of application. I don't think he takes it seriously. He knows he has £29.4m behind him and just goes out and does whatever. It angers me.

I also agree with eemtij. We need an experienced driver. It didn't need to be Rubens, but they did need to be experienced and a rock for the team and a benchmark for Pastor.

mayhemlurker ;-)

rpralon (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 14:39
Quote:
mayhemfunkster
I honestly think with the exception of HRT, we have the weakest driver pairing on the grid.

But unfortunately the budget of the team is based in the money that they bring.

Quote:
We need an experienced driver. It didn't need to be Rubens, but they did need to be experienced and a rock for the team and a benchmark for Pastor.

I think it´s more related to competence than experience. Just see good results of Grojean and Perez. It´s better give a chance for Bottas who seems very gifted.

Bond (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 16:44
The actions of PM reminds me of webblow in that until webblow channeled his winner take all attitude & hyper competitive drive, he didn't win jack.

Now he lets the race come up to him vs. chasing it all the time & has good equipment to be in the hunt every race even if he is a 2nd tier driver.

Patience behind the wheel is what PM needs.

j-s (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 17:12
Odd how performance eluded us this week. I'm not convinced anymore about Williams' understanding of the tires. Seems like most other teams got ahead in that department during the last few weeks. I honestly don't know. Frustrating.

PABLO 27 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 18:36
He reminds me so much to Montoya...

http://i45.tinypic.com/2evb1aw.jpg

GO TEAM WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j-s (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 19:04
I don't get the JPM links.

I'm certain that JPM would be a lot more consistent in getting the max out of the car if he were in Maldonado's seat this year.

They both drive like maniacs sometimes, but JPM could sustain that level for longer without making mistakes. At least that's how I remember it.

PastorCrashdonado (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 19:46
Quote:
j-s
I don't get the JPM links.
I'm certain that JPM would be a lot more consistent in getting the max out of the car if he were in Maldonado's seat this year.

They both drive like maniacs sometimes, but JPM could sustain that level for longer without making mistakes. At least that's how I remember it.

In his first 2 years with us it wasn't like that.

ronald.paloschi (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 23:02
Yes, it was the incarnation of the "Win or Wall" style. (Sm1)

PABLO 27 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 23:22
Quote:
ronald.paloschi
Yes, it was the incarnation of the "Win or Wall" style. (Sm1)

Yes...that was my point (Sm128)

http://i45.tinypic.com/2evb1aw.jpg

GO TEAM WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K1 (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 06:16
whilst we all like to see out and out wheel to wheel racing this 'win or wall' attitude is simply dumb.

WDC points do not bring in the uber dollars for the team. WCC is what counts and that is where the aforementioned attitude falls over like big girls blouse.

williams are not flush. they need to get points on the constructors ladder to ensure end of the year jackpot.

putting cars into the wall denudes the team of readies and they lose out big time in the WCC.

all kind of stupid really.

speed (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 06:40
Agree with K1.

'Win or wall' attitude is for those who can afford it or do not have any other choice. Right now, it might be wiser to do without it. But I am not sure PM can do that. He might become Bruno (slow) without 'win or wall' attitude.

12 June, 2012 09:03
Win or Wall I could just about stand on *Sundays* but Pastor is destroying his chances before we get anywhere near Sunday.

This is the problem as racing in the pack creates more problems...especially for hotheaded drivers.

mayhemlurker ;-)

drunkmunky (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 14:14
Hey guys.

This was just posted by iwitness

Pastor didn’t have quite as much fun as his other half this weekend. It’s not common knowledge, but he arrived in Canada suffering from a nasty bout of flu, and his crash against the ‘wall of champions’ in qualifying only added to his woes. When he arrived back in the pits post-shunt, he was greeted by his team. “Are you alright,” they asked. “Have you got a sore head?” “I’ve had a sore head all weekend,” was Pastor’s response, “but it’s nothing to do with the crash.” Poor bloke. Get well soon Pastor

ronald.paloschi (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 16:39
Quote:
K1
whilst we all like to see out and out wheel to wheel racing this 'win or wall' attitude is simply dumb.
WDC points do not bring in the uber dollars for the team. WCC is what counts and that is where the aforementioned attitude falls over like big girls blouse.

williams are not flush. they need to get points on the constructors ladder to ensure end of the year jackpot.

putting cars into the wall denudes the team of readies and they lose out big time in the WCC.

all kind of stupid really.

Agree with you K1. I wasn't saying that this is what we need. Just commented a sentence about JPM.

And, yes, I very much prefer a "win or wall" driver that sometimes Wins than a "no win nor wall" driver. I think that is the point.

j-s (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 17:35
A quick and consistent teammate would crush Maldonado in the WDC if Maldonado doesn't get his act together.

Pick a driver from another midfield team - Hulk, Di Resta, Perez, Kobayashi, Grosjean, even Glock or Kovalainen... I think they'd all do very well in Williams, better than Pastor perhaps, simply because they're more consistent.

I also think that Maldonado is NOT a "Win or Wall" driver. He won with an astoundingly mature race, he wasn't reckless or on a knife edge.

I think he's always looking for a consistent race but he's only done it once so far. His mistakes seem to catch him off guard, which doesn't fit with the "win or wall" ethos, at least in my mind. He's careless, not reckless. Big difference.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net