2014 Japanese Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Could 2014 livery be a retro livery?
Zι Henrique (IP Logged)
12 November, 2013 00:56
In the news on its website announcing the hiring of Felipe Massa as its driver in 2014, there was a photo of the driver in the back where a panel appear with logos of the Bank of Brazil.

The Bank of Brazil is one of the largest brazilian banks, and during 2012 and 2013 sponsored driver Felipe Nasr in GP2. Nasr is appointed as reserve driver for Williams in 2014, and could take with him (also in the interest of the bank to have his image associated with the image of Massa) for the sponsorship team.

The site Grande Prκmio (www.grandepremio.com.br) first to report the hit Massa with Williams, takes it for granted that the bank will be a sponsor of Williams in 2014.
Looking at the layout of Carlin (GP2) in 2013, gives to dream with a retro paint in Williams, recalling the years 1985-1993.

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/9666/h8my.jpg

Re: Could 2014 livery be a retro livery?
j-s (IP Logged)
12 November, 2013 05:04
Certainly looks good on the gp2. I would like the blue and yellow.

Unfortunately the best liveries Williams has come up with in the last few years have graced the slowest cars... Not that I'm superstitious.

sangalgojo (IP Logged)
12 November, 2013 06:04
The GP3 car look beautiful than Williams
http://www.gp3series.com/webimage/GP3-TeamProfileMain/Global/GP3/Teams-SideOn/2013/Koiranen_Main2013.jpg

Anderis (IP Logged)
12 November, 2013 12:20
Personally, I hope for no retro livery.

felipe roadwarrior (IP Logged)
12 November, 2013 14:16
I think blue and yellow is associated with Renault. So I don't think next year's Williams will feature that color scheme.

I wonder if Mercedes will have an influence in Williams livery next year. I can see Toto Wolff's hand in the decision to retain Bottas for next year so I'm hoping there could be some commercial arrangements that will go with that or maybe a discount on the engine.

Any livery will be ok with me as long as I can see lots of sponsors in it. Branding from Qatari companies will be a very big bonus. It's now or never for that Qatari cash.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
12 November, 2013 19:00
Well currently for 2014 Williams, have no need of a livery.

They should just paint the car a solid "tarmac" colour and hope no-one notices.

Still, a point well made Ze Henrique. I think a blue and yellow livery would not clash with Renault as there is no Renault liveried car to clash with it. Yellow for Bank of Brazil, Blue for Williams is highy logical. Renault do not have a patent or cultural monopoly on that colour combination.

roadie (IP Logged)
12 November, 2013 19:33
Quote:
Anderis
Personally, I hope for no retro livery.
Me too. There is no place for nostalgia. Besides the 2011 livery was "retro".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net