Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Predictions 2017
Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
05 January, 2017 14:32
Obvious one is that with cars which are harder to drive and Merc still having the edge that Lewis is going to dominate the early season. BOT will take a while to settle in but will do well. By the time it all settles down, Lewis will have the title in the bag.

Ferrari will have a good year but never quite there.

RBR will build a very good car and have 2 of the best drivers. Will cause trouble but in the end still be let down by the Renault engine which is all new and may see problems in early races.

Williams may have come out with a decent concept. Weakness will be on the driver side and getting the strategy right but reliability should be OK.

Force India will be up there as always but I think we will take them this year.

Mclaren. The enigma. Will they get it right? I still think they will be some way off in the engine stakes. But they may have cracked it. 2 great drivers.

Renault will be interesting. I think they'll be messing around with Williams a lot this year. I don't think they will be going for consistent podiums.

Sauber. Same old.
Manor. Same old but worse.
Torro Rosso. Same old.
Haas. Not as good as last year.

Constructors prediction:

Mercedes
RBR
Ferrari
Mclaren
Williams
Force India
Renault
Torro Rosso
Haas
Manor
Sauber

Drivers:

Hamilton
Ricciardo
Bottas
Verstappen
Vettel
Kimi
Alonso
Stoffel
Stroll
Perez
Hulk
Massa
Ocon
Sainz
Kvyat
Palmer
Wehrlein
etc..

Re: Predictions 2017
EagleF1 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2017 14:51
Who knows, but it's fun to have a go:

CWC

Red Bull
Mercedes
Ferrari
Mclaren
Williams
Force India
Renault
Toro Rosso
Haas
Sauber
Manor

DWC

Ricciardo
Hamilton
Verstappen
Bottas
Vettel
Kimi
Alonso
Vandoorne
Perez
Massa
Stroll
Ocon
Hulk
Sainz
Kvyat
Grosjean
Magnussen
Palmer
Wehrlein
Ericsson
Manor 1
Manor 2

AlanJones (IP Logged)
05 January, 2017 16:44
My money is on RBR. They had it right many times even with a bad engine. Now that the engines are quite similar and the aero and chassis building are new, I reckon RBR to have got it right.

Based on this, my heart would love to see either Dan or Max winning it. My gut tells me Dan will pull it out in the long term as he has shown many times he is a consistent driver. Whereas Max is prone to being over enthusiastic sometimes.

1) Dan
2) Max
3) Hamilton
4) Alonso
5) Bottas

Alonso is there because he's Alonso. Period.

WCC:
1) RBR
2) Merc
3) McLaren
4) Williams
5) Ferrari

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Duffer (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 06:08
Haha jonsey. I think you have ferrari there more from feelings toward them as opposed to objective thought...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

AlanJones (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 11:18
Nope, I sincerely think Ferrari is going to fluke.

Duffer (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 12:57
No, they will be top 3.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 13:16
Yep hard to see it being anything else other than Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari as the top 3 in 2017.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 19:10
Ferrari will fluke. All the misery started when Alison left. No one significant has returned and all the misery began. So no, they will not be in the top 3 this year.

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 00:12
Phattys favourite driver Sebastian Vettel must be spewing he went to Ferrari, he won 4 WDC's with Red Bull and now he is with Ferrari he is winning absolutely nothing.

Ferrari F1 cars = Bad Chassis

Vettel @ Ferrari = No WDC's

Stuart L (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 08:59
I think we will have a good car. I have a strong suspicion we diverted resources v early to new car development, so I expect the car to be top 5 on pace. Pat symonds is unlikely to have gone a totally wrong route. Our lead

I hope massa comes back over the moon and motivated. It sounds like Williams retired him but did it in style with the gift of a car, so to invite him back isn't a disaster in terms of massa being bitter about Williams kicking him out in the first place.

My biggest concern is driver fitness / strength against the increased cornering forces. I think that will shake form up quite a lot next year. I have no idea whether our drivers are fitness / strength wise.

Therefore despite having a faster car I think Williams are facing a situation of finishing below 5th fastest pace with downside risk being to finish in 8 th.

I think mclaren will be top 3 so I am

Red bull
Merc
Maclaren
Ferrari

All above ahead of v close between next 4

Force India
Renault
Williams
Toro Rosso

Then disrance to

Haas
sauber

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 10:03
It is very interesting that everyone seems to be tipping Red Bull to beat Merc in 2017??? Why is this??? is it because they have two fantastic drivers??? is it because of the Adrian Newey factor with the new regs???

I am interested to know why everyone is tipping Red Bull to beat Merc this year???

phatjack (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 10:19
Who's tipping Red Bull?

"When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Stuart L (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 10:58
I'm tipping Williams f1 network to be number 1 again.

Stuart L (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 10:58
I'm tipping Williams f1 network to be number 1 again.

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 11:27
Quote:
phatjack
Who's tipping Red Bull?

Read post number 3 in this thread Phat and then get back to me with your "Who's tipping Red Bull" post (Sm164)

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 11:32

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 11:34
Quote:
phatjack
Who's tipping Red Bull?

Do you even read these message boards before posting???

lol phat...just about every man and his dog are tipping Red Bull, that's all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2017 11:39 by Whitey-67.

phatjack (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 12:05
Whitey, it's like reading on a Manor board that Williams will place higher than Sauber.

So let me ask you the same question, why do you tip Red Bull? Bring something new to the debate your pom pom waving is getting old and tired.

"When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 12:14
Quote:
phatjack
Whitey, it's like reading on a Manor board that Williams will place higher than Sauber.
So let me ask you the same question, why do you tip Red Bull? Bring something new to the debate your pom pom waving is getting old and tired.

Pom pom waving WTF??? can't believe you said that.

Anyways like I said above I am tipping Red Bull because of their excellent driver pairing and because of Adrian Newey...does that make any sense to your peanut fuckingg brain???????

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2017 12:18 by Whitey-67.

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 12:18
lol (Sm6) cheers phat (Sm128)

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net