Minutes
Seconds

Manor on brink of administration
GroveF1 (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 10:04

Re: Manor on brink of administration
Stu69 (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 12:06
Autosport says the company that operates Manor are in administration.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 12:29
A lot of Williams Advanced Engineering parts on that car! I hope they were on proforma. (Cash up front)

MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 16:37
I hope that they stick around, they're a plucky team so I think they'll find the backing.

You can only get over your fears if you attack them head on - Mika Hakkinen

Stuart L (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 18:54
I didn't think Williams were supplying manor presently. Where's the source we are supplying them? We did gearbox suspension when they were cosworth powered but I didn't think that was the case with Mercedes engine.

For what it's worth I think Williams CEO mike o Driscoll would not extend credit to high risk without guarantors. Know they won a settlemt against a guarantor which was in one of the recent results / accounts commentaries so I think probably negligible risk to us here.

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 19:13
Williams have been supplying Manor with transmission and suspension since they switched to Merc power. Even have some Williams staff working there

Stu69 (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 19:43
Quote:
Stuart L
I didn't think Williams were supplying manor presently. Where's the source we are supplying them? We did gearbox suspension when they were cosworth powered but I didn't think that was the case with Mercedes engine.
For what it's worth I think Williams CEO mike o Driscoll would not extend credit to high risk without guarantors. Know they won a settlemt against a guarantor which was in one of the recent results / accounts commentaries so I think probably negligible risk to us here.

The Manior website is the source.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 19:53
I don't want to appear too mercenary but is there anyone or any sponsors worth having?? I hope they make it but if they don't we might as well try to steer anything worth having our way.

Stuart L (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 20:21
Stu, ok I have now seen same on manor website. Thanks

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 22:48
I suspect there is a buyer and I suspect Lowden and Ron are involved but of course they are going to let it go into admin if there are no competing buyers. Why wouldn't you?

Ironically it was Nasr who put them out of business with his points and Manor was probably his last chance to stay in F1. Doh.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
06 January, 2017 23:06
Manor is an asset to the grid. Would be a shame if it was to fold. It has more meaning at this moment than Sauber.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 01:55
I read that Nasr received a lot of criticism on twitter because of the fact that he scored Sauber's points which saw Manor drop out of the top ten.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 11:15
Thats retarded. But so is Twitter, do to no surprise the users are as well.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 12:43
Quote:
AlanJones
Thats retarded. But so is Twitter, do to no surprise the users are as well.

Nice ballaced view! Poor form!

AlanJones (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 06:34
Well Stu, I could sweeten the words but the message stays the same.
In no way Twitter is justified. Not as a news platform and certainly not for all the people that have an urge to share their opinion with the public.
People who do so, are really low on self esteem that they have this need. Almost this fetish to have to share all their @#$%&.
And no, it's not in any way a "modern way of communicating". It is retarded because communicating takes more than just blabbing brain farts and 140 characters.

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 06:48
Restarted? Well yeah I'd agree with you when it comes to Trump

Gunk (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 20:23
I think if Manor goes, it does signal something of turning point in F1.

Even the kind of pay-drivers needed to support low-budget teams are no longer around. Nasr and Maldonado's sponsors are dead. Haryanto can't do it. Russians are strapped for cash now . . . no one will come up with the 15m + Petrov once had.

Stroll must be the last of the species.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 20:31
Well no. There are tons of rich daddy kids. Just none like Lance. Dedicated throughout his whole life to achieve his dream of landing a formula one seat.
The kinds of Pedro Diniz, Gaston Mazzacane, Ricardo Rosset, Pastor, Nasr, Petrov are the ones that are getting extinct.

Duffer (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 00:07
Extinct is too strong a word. Currently non viable would be a better way of putting it. Things turn around and go in cycles. It iwll be back in some form or another.

Current problem is manufacturer and red bull budgets are too high. The driver sponsor is now a very small percentage of operating budget need to get success and exposure.

These driver sponsors are almost anonymous to the public. Not the intention of sponsorship.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net