Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New cover for the forum
Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
14 February, 2017 22:09

Re: New cover for the forum
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 04:58
I quite like the image. So I have changed it. Will be interested to see what others feel.

Duffer (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 08:34
Dont mind it, and i did notice a change, but seemingly just in the font. I cant for the life of me recall the old one now though!

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

15 February, 2017 08:45
Thanks Andrew , well the font and the Martini Stripes as well as the Logo, when the FW40 comes out I'll make a updated one with the new car and driver edited style numbers or helmets winking smiley

Duffer (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 08:51
Cardoso, if you can, get some retro williams on one side and new on the other. That would be cool, just dont use the winfield red car! Haha.

15 February, 2017 09:41
Quote:
Duffer
Cardoso, if you can, get some retro williams on one side and new on the other. That would be cool, just dont use the winfield red car! Haha.

Lol this is just a provisional cover until the FW40 comes out, the image space is very limited and there's not much room to add many things, I just sent Andrew the revised cover and will see what can be done about that.
I'm just a guy who likes to work in this kind of things, and williams is a passion for me.

Duffer (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 09:49
It is cool.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 10:37
I must be the only one that actually loves the Winfield red Williams. But okay.

Great work Cardoso! And awesome Andrew that you are so willing to listen to user input. That defines a great admin to me. Thanks! Keep it up!

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

phatjack (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 11:06
Overall nice execution! If it was me, I would make a couple of minor tweaks, Use Futura instead of the Eurostile Font and center "SUPPORTERS" under "Williams". You can close the gap slightly so "SUPPORTERS" doesn't impede with the stripes.

"When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2017 11:07 by phatjack.

15 February, 2017 11:26
It's Microgramma font phatjack and The "W" is the original Williams logo not a font. I only add an overlay of martini stripes in the final section of the logo.
About the small corrections I already sen't a revised cover to Andrew with a bigger SUPPORTERS lettering that's not overlaying the stripes and and a bit of shadow has the previous one.
About the lettering being centered I have to disagree, this way (left adjusted) is a better solution and cleaner.
Sometimes less is more winking smiley

15 February, 2017 11:26

phatjack (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 11:46
Quote:
Marco Cardoso
It's Microgramma font phatjack and The "W" is the original Williams logo not a font. I only add an overlay of martini stripes in the final section of the logo.
About the small corrections I already sen't a revised cover to Andrew with a bigger SUPPORTERS lettering that's not overlaying the stripes and and a bit of shadow has the previous one.
About the lettering being centered I have to disagree, this way (left adjusted) is a better solution and cleaner.
Sometimes less is more winking smiley
rogr
Micrograma and Eurostile are very similar typefaces created by the same person. I stand corrected.

"When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 11:49
The '98 Winfield one is a beauty imo. Being oddball was the best bit.

You can only get over your fears if you attack them head on - Mika Hakkinen

15 February, 2017 12:23
The Winfield no please, It's neither a Williams DNA car or didn't even left a mark in Williams history other than the oddness of a Williams red car.

MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 12:27
Cars for the history books as suggestions (I'll put years, might not get all the FWs bang on)...
1979 (first win)
1980 (first title)
1989 (start of the Renault era, maybe worth thinking about?)
1997 (last title, and had to include JV's title winner in my list)

andy si (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 18:09
Thumbs up!

I'd combine the Saudia car with the FW40... kind of a picking up where we started hard and took off in the beginning.

To new beginnings!

Rumblestrip (IP Logged)
15 February, 2017 20:48
Thanks Cardoso, I often wonder where some of the great graphics have come from....

15 February, 2017 21:29
Thanks Rumblestrip but I can΄t take full credits for the graphics that appear in this forum, this was actualy my first contribution in terms of image editing for the forum.
I work in the area and I do have some ideas in terms of design and graphics and like I΄m a diehard fan of williams I do like to make this kind of things in my spare time.

15 February, 2017 23:32
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9aph0hcgi9rlyt7/COVER.40.YEARS.jpg?dl=0

This is a 40 year celebration version

MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
16 February, 2017 07:53
That's looking sweet Cardoso. You picked the '78 car, right?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net