Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: New cover for the forum
Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
16 February, 2017 11:02
Yes the one that gave Williams it's first F1 win, FW06 with the #27 car Alan Jones.

MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
16 February, 2017 13:07
First F1 win? Wasn't that in 79 with Regazzoni? Still, '78 was the genesis, so it's fitting. I could tell by the square grille on the front nose, like that feature.

You can only get over your fears if you attack them head on - Mika Hakkinen

17 February, 2017 18:51
Testing sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2017 19:03 by Marco Cardoso.

17 February, 2017 19:02
https://imgur.com/gallery/H9fJ0

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 20:47
I think the new typeface looks better- fresher. The old one was a sporty free font I found about 6 or 7 years ago, before doing a banner design and explaining to Andrew how to get the font himself so he could run his own updates. The banner has changed out of all recognition in the meantime, but the typeface remained the same, and tbh, it had started to bug me. It was a little bit clunky and unsophisticated.

As for Winfield Williams, totally forgettable, sure. Finished no higher than 3rd in the championship with the odd podium. As for Williams Martini Racing...(Sm80)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2017 20:49 by crusty_bread.

phatjack (IP Logged)
18 February, 2017 11:16
It's kinda like driving by a billboard every day, you tend to notice it the first few times you drive by it. Then it catches your attention again when a new message is put up.

I wasn't a fan I must admit of the first banner that Cardoso put up. It reminded me more of Geico and Under Armour Logos on steroids.

This one is easier on the eyes, though for me the drop shadow detracts and the 1 in F1 can use some kerning.

I hope this is taken as constructive criticism and not a knock.

"When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

18 February, 2017 12:33
Quote:
phatjack
It's kinda like driving by a billboard every day, you tend to notice it the first few times you drive by it. Then it catches your attention again when a new message is put up.
I wasn't a fan I must admit of the first banner that Cardoso put up. It reminded me more of Geico and Under Armour Logos on steroids.

This one is easier on the eyes, though for me the drop shadow detracts and the 1 in F1 can use some kerning.

I hope this is taken as constructive criticism and not a knock.

No offense taken Phatjack smiling smiley I fully accept criticism as a way of learning and improving. The banner was just a contribution to the forum and of course I don't think i'm the only capable to do it..
I have to thank Andrew for using it and leaving it up for discussion to the other forum users.

phatjack (IP Logged)
18 February, 2017 12:39
Your passion is recognized. You have a creative talent in you, which seems to me to come naturally.

If this is an area you choose to peruse attention to detail is important.

"When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Duffer (IP Logged)
18 February, 2017 13:05
I think the work is ameteur, but then, it is! Good job though mate, keep em coming.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

phatjack (IP Logged)
18 February, 2017 13:18
Quote:
Duffer
I think the work is ameteur, but then, it is! Good job though mate, keep em coming.

Says the guy, who drives an M2 and hates brokers.

18 February, 2017 16:23
Im not a professional working for the forum,so amateur it is.. but once again no offense taken.
anc in my defense lets just say the banner took only 15m to do so I dont think its that bad.. maybe next time ill dedicate an full hour and it comes out a Pro looking banner hahahah
winking smiley

18 February, 2017 17:29
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gzjbdx4eq6x9wk/COVER.Williams.jpg?dl=0

Duffer (IP Logged)
19 February, 2017 12:16
I think a stylised car with sharper martini lines would work better. Also, the williams writing must be changed to the Williams font imo.

Simple is good, but plain it bad. It is a fine line.

Marco, i could not do better than you, but i can give my opinion.

Phatty, i dont hate brokers in general. You need to read more carefully. I dont like middle men who have no skin in the game, but then, their time comes when the markets swing.

As for the car, sounds like you want a ride.

phatjack (IP Logged)
19 February, 2017 13:04
Duff, that's cool and to each his own as we seem to be on opposite sides of this debate. To me cash flow is important to any business, whether it comes from a direct sales agent or a broker.

Of course if management is negligent in pitting a broker against a direct sales person that would leave a bad taste in my mouth too.

As for the ride only if I am allowed to do donuts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2017 13:06 by phatjack.

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2017 13:22
Duffer how much HP does your BMW have?? around 370?? You should mod it big time so it produces twice as much HP, you could probably get it to 800 horse power by spending around 20 thousand dollars on it.

Imagine your M2 with 800 horse power it would be awesome.

19 February, 2017 13:24
No worries I just do cause I like this kind of work and i love Williams.
I would use Williams fonts but that's illegal they have copyrights winking smiley. The best I can is use a similar opensourced font. Williams use Cera Pro fonts and I have to search for similar ones.

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 02:07
Duffer how much HP does your BMW have?? around 370?? You should mod it big time so it produces twice as much HP, you could probably get it to 800 horse power by spending around 20 thousand dollars on it.

Imagine your M2 with 800 horse power it would be awesome.

Duffer (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 02:13
Well, no. 800 would be silly. 370 is fun. Serious fun.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net