Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Wehrlein Gio swap
Duffer (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 10:18
I have suspiscions that Pascal is a thouroughly unlikeable chap. I can't help but think the injuries sustained by him in the ROC serious (pissy little rollover) crash are an invention to allow ferrari to shoehorn him into the Sauber.

I think the guy is fine.

Anyone?

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Re: Wehrlein Gio swap
AlanJones (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 10:22
My gut feeling goes with you on this one Duffy. And I do like the prospect of Giovinazzi in a real test. I hope he impresses and therefor makes it on the grid in Australia.
And I think Ozzy would like to see that also.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 10:44
Wherlein is a cock. I know this to be true. He doesn't fit in with the type of people that operate in motoraport. Whether that's enough to drop him.... gio is a superior prospect and driver.

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 11:10
Williams have missed a trick here if they don't sign Antonio Giovinazzi ASAP I really rate him, why don't Williams sign him?

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 11:11
Williams please sign Antonio Giovinazzi for a race seat ASAP.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 11:13
He will be the first Italian driver at the scuderia since Fisichella.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
17 February, 2017 21:14
Sauber are in the business of financial survival at the moment. They have been for quite some time.

It looks more like Sauber spotting an opportunity to get a few Swiss francs off their engine price by offering to test him out. If they do shoehorn him in over Pascal, it will be because Ferrari like what they see and make Sauber an offer they can't refuse. Pascal's amiability is surely small beans, and I would have thought his employment carried certain benefits associated with Mercedes that were not to be scoffed at when they let Nasr and his money go.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
18 February, 2017 11:05
Rumours going around that Wehrlein will also miss out on the season start. Sauber drives with Ferrari engines, I'd say it's a certainty that Gio Will replace Wehrlein for the season. It is too much coincidence.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
19 February, 2017 05:02
Then why did Sauber hire Wehrlein in the first place? What's changed?

Duffer (IP Logged)
19 February, 2017 12:11
We shall see, but something is fishy... Did merc give Sauber some sort of payment to take him on? Ferrari now countering that to get their driver some miles. They would be more influential being the engine supplier.

It just looks like nobody wants pascal. Maybe it is his given name. Sounds like a candy!

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
19 February, 2017 12:30
Perhaps- but Sauber have him signed and unless anything changes, he will be their race-driver when fit.

If there is anything fishy, I think it's down to money, not personality, and to let Nasr go suggests we are talking about a lot of money. Maybe Mercedes' financial support is wavering, or maybe Ferrari are upping the stakes? I think the latter. Plus, the benefits to both Ferrari and Mercedes of allowing Gio to test and race with Sauber are that both teams- Sauber in particular- get a better idea of their relative talents, so everyone is a winner allowing both drivers time in the car as it validates Wehrlein if he proves stronger; Remember, Bottas only has a one-year contract... Until now, it's been hard to get a measure of him. Ocon and Haryanto were both rookies, whilst Ericsson in the other seat is a hard one to weigh up given the fluctuating dynamic between himself, and the then-rookie Felipe Nasr. I think he's mediocre, but he did seem to be wearing Nasr down slowly but surely. The jury's out, but beating Ericsson by a little, or a lot may still be hard to judge without another barometer thrown in. I don't think anyone wants to see one of them shade Ericsson slightly and for everyone to be left in doubt as to whether that was a good performance or not.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2017 12:37 by crusty_bread.

K1 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2017 12:45
I'm with duffer on this one. Something seems amiss and wehrlein is not getting the 'razz' or so it seems. There were rumours that he was not fitting into the team some while ago and that he was showing signs of 'excess entitlement'. Maybe that's because he was mercedes protegee!! We will see soon enough where he fits in...or as the case may be , ...not!.

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2017 12:47
Its Funny I don't really give a @#$%& about Wehrlein or Gio, they can both @#$%& off for all I care.

Duffer (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 02:17
Whitey, i think you are having a breakdown. Get yourself some advice from a gp, serious mate.

Duffer (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 02:17
Gp does not equal grand prix, more general practitioner.

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 02:28
Hahahaha

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 02:40
@#$%& off Wehrlein @#$%& off Giovinazzi both of you @#$%& right off!

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 03:23
@#$%& off Wehrlein! (Sm19)(Sm19)(Sm19)

@#$%& off Giovinazzi! (Sm19)(Sm19)(Sm19)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2017 04:40 by Whitey-67.

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 07:39
Quote:
Duffer
Whitey, i think you are having a breakdown.

Been there done that.

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2017 11:37
These two dipstick drivers Wehrlein & Giovinazzi can @#$%& OFF (Sm19)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net