Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Just a reminder
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 12:29
Well that is a bit of a think I hate to do in banning users but I will not put up with people who don't have anything constructive to say. We can have our differences in opinion but to talk rubbish I will not put up with.

Re: Just a reminder
MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 13:01
It's sad, really. They hate the sport so much that they're obsessed with coming on F1 forums. Makes my head hurt, why acknowledge it then. As i said, sad.

You can only get over your fears if you attack them head on - Mika Hakkinen

AlanJones (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 13:22
Thank you for taking this up Andrew. And thanks for the clarification on this matter.
And MS, trollers are not to be taken seriously. They are only in on it to attract a reaction. Anything they say is just to provoke. That's why I advised to you before just not to go into their reacting. Whitey, to name an example, can also troll very well, but he is a member who has many constructive views and opinions on various matters. The other two are just in on it to provoke. And I'm happy Andrew has taken it on to clean this good site of this shite.. sorry for my use of words.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2017 13:27 by AlanJones.

MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 13:32
I get they're trolls, but everyone has their reasons, and their reasons bring out reaction from me. I'm a football fan and don't like seeing people like that disrepute it and give it a bad name. I'm an F1 fan and am sick of people trying to devalue it in a place where they shouldn't go if they hate it.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 13:51
Sorry Andrew. Points taken. Thanks for keeping this amazing site going. I should not have responded. (Sm128)

AlanJones (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 15:03
Quote:
MartiniSalad
I get they're trolls, but everyone has their reasons, and their reasons bring out reaction from me. I'm a football fan and don't like seeing people like that disrepute it and give it a bad name. I'm an F1 fan and am sick of people trying to devalue it in a place where they shouldn't go if they hate it.

I get that MS. But despite what your opinion is, this is what they do. So you could get all worked up about it and be amazed or dazzled by the fact they act this way, or you can just let it be.
I'd rather opt for the second and concentrate my energy on discussing actual good post.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 15:07
Thank you Andrew.

Bond (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 15:08
I didn't see what happen - but the world would be a better place without trolls.

Just like terrorists & anarchists.
-
Thank you Andrew - there is a reason why this site is class - all class.

MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 15:19
Fair enough AJ, I'll let it slide and wait for action to be taken if neccessary. Or troll back, fight fire with fire and all that.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 15:27
Its always a bit of a dilemma whether to ignore blanket trolling and let them saturate the forum like an unchecked cancer, or to take them on. When you have a site operator / moderator who can ban them, it's easiest not to deign to dirty your hands and to simply report him.

I think I was your age MS - 17- when I first entered the world of customer service work, where you have to deal with large numbers of people- adults- who you expect should behave in a certain way, and the reality was thoroughly disenchanting. But one person doesn't represent a whole group. You'll get dick heads and wonderful people in all sports, regions, etc etc, and that will never change.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 16:55
Thank you for telling this Andrew.
If you open up a thread and last 2 pages are just meaningless jokes and irrelevant to the topic by 1-2 posters, with excuse of "hey let's have some fun" then the topic is lost.why not create a topic for having fun and let other ones survive to their purpose?
Anyway thank you again.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Rumblestrip (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 21:04
Yes well done Andrew.
And apologies to any football fans I have distressed in the Liverpool area. Wherever possible ignore trolls, but also - subvert them!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 21:22
Quote:
MartiniSalad

Hey MS. I didn't really mean all the things I said about football. Even though they are all true. Anyway. I suppose my juvenile posts were aimed at the worst thing these idiots could think of themselves. So I never meant to insult a sport you like, even if it is a pile of steaming donkey poo. (Sm108)

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 22:52
Good work Andrew for deleting those troll threads (Sm152)

phatjack (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 23:51
Quote:
MartiniSalad

Martini it means you care and that you have core values that are sound. Never ever give those up. I take exception to those who say you shouldn't stand your ground because these same people would sit idly around waiting for the police to show up while they see someone bleeding.

Oh and found it funny to read about the customer service example, until one day a customer shat on one of my employees and another employee came to the rescue in my absence.

"When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2017 23:52 by phatjack.

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 01:11
Quote:
phatjack
I take exception to those who say you shouldn't stand your ground because these same people would sit idly around waiting for the police to show up while they see someone bleeding.

That's a ridiculous comparison. Refusing to help someone in need is nothing like refusing to be dragged down into fighting dirty with someone when you have no agency. In the latter example, all you are doing is playing into the hands of someone who doesn't deserve it.

Quote:
phatjack
Oh and found it funny to read about the customer service example, until one day a customer shat on one of my employees and another employee came to the rescue in my absence.

Have to say, Im fascinated. In what context was this? How did they come to the rescue? A poop scoop or a punch in the face?

MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 07:58
Ozzy it's good, if anything your posts amuse me no end. Phatty, I try and draw a fine line, if anything I'm quite subdued, but it's whether they're here for a quick laugh then never to be seen again, or if they're here to stay. If here to stay, I want to try and at least put them off. Either way they're gone now, I want to make this forum better and do Andrew a service where I can, even if I go about it the wrong way. Finally, Crusty, doing that at 17 must've been annoying, seeing people 'wiser' than you not be wise at all.

phatjack (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 09:10
Quote:
crusty_bread
Quote:
phatjack
I take exception to those who say you shouldn't stand your ground because these same people would sit idly around waiting for the police to show up while they see someone bleeding.

That's a ridiculous comparison. Refusing to help someone in need is nothing like refusing to be dragged down into fighting dirty with someone when you have no agency. In the latter example, all you are doing is playing into the hands of someone who doesn't deserve it.

Quote:
phatjack

Have to say, Im fascinated. In what context was this? How did they come to the rescue? A poop scoop or a punch in the face?

Forcefully yet politely shown the door. Order restored. Mind you and without going into to much detail, I did a follow-up with said client and played back the CCTV sound over the phone it went very quiet.

My cardinal rule is customer is always right until proven wrong ...

"When you talk, you are repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

speed (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 06:13
Seems like we have another troll. or might be a bot. Don't know if it's possible with this site but is there a way to moderate posts from new sign ups, till it reaches a certain number?

Whitey-67 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 00:30
Andrew Hooper = fantastic moderator thumbs down

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net