2017 Malaysian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

What's happening with Martini?
Imrageth (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 18:53
The recent announcement about Bombardier made me think whether Martini is leaving Williams?

[www.williamsf1.com]

Car render on the announcement page doesnt have the martini branding.. any idea why?

Edit: or can it be something to do with the fact that the news was about Lance and Martini doesnt want to be associated with 18yo boy?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2017 18:56 by Imrageth.

Re: What's happening with Martini?
Gunk (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 19:02
Quote:
Imrageth
Car render on the announcement page doesnt have the martini branding.. any idea why?

It does on the page I just viewed.

Zucko79 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 19:10
Livery on the picture is like on GP's where is forbidden to advertise alcohol beverages.

People you read to much into everything. Relax a little bit.

Zucko79 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 19:16
In the moment when the team is looking promising, and every news is positive you can only expect new sponsors, not to lose one expecially the title one.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 19:21
Martini are in a 5 year contract and if they leave you would likely see the majority of the value paid to Williams to break it. I wouldn't get too sad if I were you. That would actually be a good thing for the team.

Zucko79 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 19:29
Quote:
Mikef1
Martini are in a 5 year contract and if they leave you would likely see the majority of the value paid to Williams to break it. I wouldn't get too sad if I were you. That would actually be a good thing for the team.

And what sponsors shud be fine with you, something like this
[www.google.me]

Hahhahhahhha rimember this idiocy, since Martini good days are back.

Imrageth (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 19:40
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Imrageth

It does on the page I just viewed.

Not if you look at the page which I linked in the first post

Imrageth (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 19:41
Quote:
Zucko79
Livery on the picture is like on GP's where is forbidden to advertise alcohol beverages.
People you read to much into everything. Relax a little bit.

yeah but still.. they have martini branding everywhere on the website, except for the latest news article with bombardier..

Rumblestrip (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 19:44
@Imrageth

It was a fair question to ask but I think you answered it immediately - it's either a Canadian market thing where you cannot show an 18 year old endorsing alcohol, or it is a variant advert for some other market with a complete ban on booze adverts.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 20:07
Quote:
Zucko79
Quote:
Mikef1

And what sponsors shud be fine with you, something like this
[www.google.me]

Hahhahhahhha rimember this idiocy, since Martini good days are back.

Indeed I do.

If martini paid to leave, we'd be okay without a title sponsor for that year.

I Like my Williams blue personally, I'm okay with the white as martini is a classic, but honestly I don't care who would title sponsor with us as long as we get a good deal!

Zucko79 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 20:46
Quote:
Mikef1
I Like my Williams blue personally, I'm okay with the white as martini is a classic, but honestly I don't care who would title sponsor with us as long as we get a good deal!

Totally agree with you!

AlanJones (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 23:57
Agreed Mike. I'm one of the few who actually liked the Winfield red.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

j-s (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 02:30
Were gonna do great deals. Great deals. Believe me. Weve been getting ripped off by sponsors for too long, and, you know what, its time for that to stop. It stops right now, it stops for good. believe me.

Duffer (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 02:53
You cannot get ripped off by a sponsor. The agreement put in place is one that both parties agree to. If you are ripped off, it means they have breached a contract.

The value of f1 sponsorship dropped with the decline in viewing audience, simple. McLarsn failed to believe it, hence them going without for some time.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 17:18
Js was that a trump Impression? The only thing that was missing was either. Nobody knows more about sponsorship than me. Or. Trust me, I kNOW!

j-s (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 21:58
Haha, yeah. Glad you caught it. The RBR fan didn't.

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 23:16
Quote:
j-s
Were gonna do great deals. Great deals. Believe me. Weve been getting ripped off by sponsors for too long, and, you know what, its time for that to stop. It stops right now, it stops for good. believe me.

But first we're gonna build a wall between us and Force India. And guess what? Mercedes are going to pay for it!

And Paddy Lowe, that's right Paddy Lowe, is going to join us. And guess what? He's going to pay for those shares.

And we'll get Dangerously friendly with that superpower Mercedes, but guess what. You know it... Paddy will bring their secrets with him.

But keep that to yourself. Because, you know what? That old team principle in disguise Ross Brawn is bugging us.

Duffer (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 23:48
Lol, i dont listen to trump so i missed it. I just thought you had lost your marbles. It must have been a good impression.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

j-s (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 01:58
LOL

smileys with beer Duffer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net