f1
Latest News:

2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 14 of 17

Re: Realistic time scale for first upgrade.
Duffer (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 11:34
To be honest, williams last couple of designs have been good out of the box. That is a sign of pretty good design, useless updates. They are out classed every year with updates. This has a lot to do with money and part manufacturing. Particularly when your guys are losing front wings or crashing the cars. This year that hasnt been too bad of late though.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

gpl (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 12:13
This years car design the FW40 has been a lazy generic designed car by williams
pre season testing proved that to me no good honest/real gains from the previous year.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 13:28
Quote:
gpl
I agree we need a better designer but what is so special about Key.
I do not see his cars winning races or even close to a podium.

Please enlighten me.

My point exactly. Key is good, but how good is my question. Better than the team we have now? I doubt it.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Willosh (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 20:34
Some guy posted this on one of the F1 tech forums about the new rear suspension: [mmuk.realviewdigital.com]

gpl (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 05:41
Yes i have read that cheers mate.

It is possible that the new carbon gearbox is ready but because of the limited
gearbox rule we may not be able to use it till next race Monza

Not sure how well the new rear suspension will work without the new gearbox layout.

Soon find out could be changeable weather also well it is Spa.

Duffer (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 06:59
Williams were third or 4th at winter testing this year. To say that was a poor effort is just plain stupid.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 07:27
Key is good because of what he can do with the limited budget and facilities of torso rosso. Imagine what he could do at williams.

I personally would like to see Peter prodmou who actually turned McLaren shitty 2014 car into a very formidable chassis.

gpl (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 07:58
Quote:
Duffer
Williams were third or 4th at winter testing this year. To say that was a poor effort is just plain stupid.
g

In testing Massa is quoted in saying that was the most he could get out of the 40
if you check stint data you could see these 2 where a class apart and the season so far
bears that out does it not.

Merc and Ferrari where just cruising around we was 1.5 seconds off the pace even then.

This car was rubbish out the box and has been so far this season.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 09:30
To be fair to the car. This is the worst driver line up since senna maldonado. It could have another 4 - 5 tenths in the hands of a guy like Alonso or Hamilton, but we won't know because we scraped the bottom of the barrel for our driver line up

gpl (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 10:36
Agreed i think there is an extra 3th of a lap in this car with an alonso behind the wheel.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 10:43
At least maldonado was fast enough to show the potential of the car even if it was ultimately wasted. These days a Williams is just littered around by a has been and an idiot and we just assume it's all as good as it could be. I was at first impressed by how do resta was on the pace of lance and massa but I have been wondering if that's a sign of how @#$%& those two are rather than how great di resta was

TMT (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 10:50
Quote:
Mikef1
At least maldonado was fast enough to show the potential of the car even if it was ultimately wasted. These days a Williams is just littered around by a has been and an idiot and we just assume it's all as good as it could be. I was at first impressed by how do resta was on the pace of lance and massa but I have been wondering if that's a sign of how @#$%& those two are rather than how great di resta was

Yep Massa was a number two driver at Ferrari when he was in his prime and Stroll well I don't know about him, did these two clowns make Paul di Resta look good? Maybe they did (Sm17)

Duffer (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 11:46
Lmao, a has been and an idiot. Funny stuff because it is almost spot on.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 21:14
Quote:
Mikef1

And the worst part that Williams is, due to this, contemplating on di Resta as a 2018 driver. For once, just once, let Williams do some good and just contract a top youngster. Norris was up for grabs last year. But Williams doesnt seem to be a team that contracts talented youngsters anymore. They did it with Hulk and Bottas. And well, Bottas wasnt the giant slayer but at least a very decent driver. Hulk Im still amazed by that Williams dropped him after just one season.
Let Williams for once opt for a good driver lineup. No scabs like Di Resta, Massa, Barrichello, Senna, Heidfeld, Webber, Frentzen or Zanardi, just good drivers. GOOD drivers.

gpl (IP Logged)
25 August, 2017 06:56
From the pictures i have seen of our car at Spa so far
the new rear end looks cleaner lets hope it works
We will need that extra down force this race with the changeable weather.

Duffer (IP Logged)
25 August, 2017 13:15
Heidfeld, webber and to a lesser extent barichello were ok drivers. Could do a lot worse... lance, senna, maldonado, these guys are shite.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
25 August, 2017 13:18
I actually thought Barrichello did a pretty solid job for us. He was roughly as fast as maldonado who proved himself against bottas and put in some brilliant drives like 4th place in Valencia and that overtake on Schumacher in hungary. I miss seeing a driver with some balls. He wasn't the best but only he and bottas gave engaged me as a fan over the last few years. Excluding of course massa emotional exit from brazil.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
25 August, 2017 14:28
Agree on that Mike. But still, we are very pale on good drivers the past decade. Thats whats troubling us. A good driver gives us 3 tenths to half a second. That would place us far ahead of Force India in many many many cases.

gpl (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 11:31
Time to switch focus no less than 90% to next years car

Wasting time and money NOW this current chassis design has reached its LIMIT
and will not alllow anymore improvement from itself it is not able to
cope respond to better more sophisticated designed parts.

This chassis design is outdated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/08/2017 11:34 by gpl.

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 13:00
Quote:
gpl
Time to switch focus no less than 90% to next years car
Wasting time and money NOW this current chassis design has reached its LIMIT
and will not alllow anymore improvement from itself it is not able to
cope respond to better more sophisticated designed parts.

This chassis design is outdated.
I was going to ask, do we think Paddy has already written off the FW40 following the failed updates? Would make sense when operating with limited resources. If not then it's very worrying Williams are so bad on a power circuit! Basically only Sauber with a worse chassis

Current Page: 14 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net