Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Spanish GP- Friday Practices
Gwanni (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 09:09
Good morning, The first practice session is now on.

Re: Spanish GP- Friday Practices
Gwanni (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 09:17
Problems from Alonso's car he stopped, "engine problem" he said

Mehryar (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 09:22
Is there any new bit on the car?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 09:31
This is the day we usually find out as Williams don't parade the car around on thursday with the new bits on. Fingers crossed we get some photos soon.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 09:53
We don't have anything new I think, other than that sharkfin winglet which was tested in Sochi and possibly that new floor.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 10:36
quite a slow starting fashion for us.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 10:42
Well everyone was slow besides Mercedes. Or do you really think the gap between Mercedes and Ferrari is 1 second?

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Gwanni (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 10:47
AJ, no I don't think so 1 full second is way too much. But we are on the lower end of the grid. Hope we will raise our game during this weekend.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 10:59
Williams rarely have visually stimulating updates. While it is true there is a lot more to be gained by mad aero this year, they have had their own philosophy and it's generally been okay. It's too early for the new team to influence the car I guess, but Massa said we're taking a good step here.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 11:21
Quote:
Mikef1
Williams rarely have visually stimulating updates. While it is true there is a lot more to be gained by mad aero this year, they have had their own philosophy and it's generally been okay. It's too early for the new team to influence the car I guess, but Massa said we're taking a good step here.

"Good steps" is just PR babble! We seem slow if you ask me!

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 11:23
Unfortunately I missed the 1st session but it does not look like I missed anything as far as Williams are concerned. Both drivers well of the pace. 3 seconds behind the Mercedes times is a real worry. But it is Friday so I will pass judgement after the second session.

williams4284 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 11:27
true .... looks like we are too much behind even for a typical Williams Friday. Hope I m wrong

crusty_bread (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 11:32
I don't understand why, 2 weeks ago, Williams had a very big upgrade which seemed to have minimal impact on form (if any?) and now Massa is boasting about how good this upgrade package is and how in tune the whole team feels now, before the car had even turned a wheel.

Maybe Williams will make a good step here, but it feels a little presumptuous at this stage- like it's got more to do with his frustrations last season.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 12:55
hope it was just a low-key first session, look forward to the next one.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 12:58
Exactly that's why I question how much of his claim for half a second gain without bringing in new parts can be true...all in all, drivers' input for updates and car improvements is the biggest hype I've heard in F1.

FP2 under way.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 13:04
seeing the first session speed traps massa was even 8km less than Bottas in the speed traps

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 13:24
Lance was on the radio complaining about the lack of grip saying that he just couldn't get the tyre to work..

Gwanni (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 13:38
massa is currently n 7th with 1.2 off the pace

gpl (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 13:47
Getting the impression no real improvement in the car or the kid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 13:48 by gpl.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 13:51
Getting sick of Stroll struggling session after session.worse than Senna B and Nakajima atm.
And it's not good to see none of Sochi updates are being used here.not to mention zero new parts for this weekend.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net