Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 39 of 45

Re: Kubica in Williams?
silny (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 21:07
Hamilton number one on the grid at this moment.

gpl (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 11:51
Williams will let Massa have is day or week then i am guessing
We will know who is in the second seat by around the 20th of this month.

ralf111 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 17:34
Paddy Lowe confirms today Kubica will be testing in Abu Dhabi after the race.

williams4284 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 17:51
source?

ralf111 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 17:54
German Sky Sports

https://i.imgur.com/S92cHTJ.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 17:55 by ralf111.

Francesc (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 19:25
Great, thanks!

ralf111 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 21:40

Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:01
Kubica tested GT3 last year and didn't entered the team so, it's a test not a confirmation, but a good sign that Williams will go with Robert.
I watched a few onboards of Kubica lately in rallies and I have to say for a guy who people say doesn't have a arm he moves it very fast during the airpins, and changing gears while using the handbreak in stages with a great amount of turn sequences.

Marco Cardoso

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong again.

ralf111 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:06

ralf111 (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 16:09
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Williams are set to give Robert Kubica a third test with the team as they seek to establish whether he can make a comeback from life-changing injuries.

The Pole has not raced in F1 for more than seven years, following a horrific rally accident in 2011 in which he suffered a partially severed right arm.

Kubica, 32, tested twice for Williams last month and the team's preference is to sign him to race for them in 2018.

But they want him to do another test to allay their remaining concerns.

Kubica has partial movement in his right arm and, that combined with the length of his absence, has raised questions about whether he can again operate at the required level.

He impressed the team in his two tests in October, one at Silverstone and one at the Hungaroring, but they were in a 2014 car with only reserve driver Paul Di Resta as a benchmark.

Williams are now planning to test him at the official F1 Pirelli tyre test at Abu Dhabi in the week after the season-closing race at the Yas Marina circuit to get a clearer idea of his potential.

This will give them a comparison with the other teams as well as their own data from the race weekend just before.

Williams are refusing to confirm the test, saying that their driver line-up for the two days is not yet confirmed.

But Kubica is almost certain to drive at least one day, with the identity of the other driver as yet unknown.

Kubica is very much Williams' first choice to replace the retiring Felipe Massa as partner for Lance Stroll.

Russian Daniil Kvyat, dropped by Red Bull last month, is another option, as is Sauber driver Pascal Wehrlein.

Senior figures in F1 believe that Kvyat has moved up Williams' list as their second choice if Kubica does not work out.

Di Resta's chances, which were never strong, appear to be fading further.

14 November, 2017 21:56
[grandepremio.uol.com.br]

This link says Kubica as already signed with Williams for 2018.

Marco Cardoso

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 23:56
There's been a lot of talk about a contract already signed but by nobody with a source... I would take everything in the media with a pinch of salt. Most likely bored journalism now that the championship is decided and there is literally nothing else to talk about.

15 November, 2017 10:14
Quote:
Mikef1
There's been a lot of talk about a contract already signed but by nobody with a source... I would take everything in the media with a pinch of salt. Most likely bored journalism now that the championship is decided and there is literally nothing else to talk about.

You may be right Mike I guess it shouldn't take long for Williams to make an anouncement.

Marco Cardoso

gpl (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 11:58
I still think we will hear the news about Robert and williams on or around the 21st of this month.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 12:07
Crossing my fingers GPL.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

gpl (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 12:14
That way it has given Phill time to enjoy his week in the limelight.

The only other delay i see if indeed we do get Robert is sponsorship negotiations.

15 November, 2017 13:21
That must be already discussed it's no big secret Lotos backs Robert just how much they bring we don't know. The other sports drinks must come with Kubica but puts in less money for sure.

Marco Cardoso

15 November, 2017 19:56
German "Bild" informs that Robert Kubica to Williams is to bring a lot of cash, exactly 12 million euros. All indications are that the 32-year-old as the support of the Lotos Group, although the fuel company remains silent for the time being. A few weeks ago, Nico Rosberg appeared in Poland and probably had talks with sponsors who could help Kubica return to Formula One. He also met with the Minister of Sport, Witold Bańka, but no details were given to the media.
It is worth adding that from next season, Williams' budget may be reduced by as much as 30 million euros. But Kubica does not like the idea of ​​a sponsor because he does not want a pay-driver patch attached to him. In the current situation, only waiting for the official confirmation from Williams.

Marco Cardoso

AlanJones (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 20:57
Well German news sites are the only ones projecting Randstad and Avanade leaving. I can't quite believe that it is the whole truth.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Damon96 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 21:08
Still got mixed feelings, if he was in his old form and really a match for Hamilton and Alonso, like discussed in his pre crash days, why did Renault pass up on him? They could have had him for a year then signed Sainz for 2019.

Current Page: 39 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net