Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 4 of 45

Re: Kubica in Williams?
Gunk (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 17:22
Quote:
MartiniSalad
Brilliant news. Can't wait to see how Kubica does in a properly public test in a '17 car. Can only hope what's been said about his skill in the last tests replicates itself.

Well, he isn't going to flop. It's amazing how some people find inner strength in adversity. He's been preparing for this for years . . . both in training and through no less than 18 operations.

Don't know about a race seat but it is good Renault gives him a chance to perform at the highest level.

M79 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 05:26
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
MartiniSalad
Brilliant news. Can't wait to see how Kubica does in a properly public test in a '17 car. Can only hope what's been said about his skill in the last tests replicates itself.

Well, he isn't going to flop. It's amazing how some people find inner strength in adversity. He's been preparing for this for years . . . both in training and through no less than 18 operations.

Don't know about a race seat but it is good Renault gives him a chance to perform at the highest level.

This is by no means charity. Renault wouldn't be spending one of their race-driver testdays on Kubica if they didn't feel he'd be in with a chance of performing (significantly) better than Palmer.
I can't help but feel that if the test goes alright, they'll try to put him in the car in Spa.

You've got to feel sorry for Palmer though in a way. He may not be of the same calibre als Hulk, but his self-confidence must be close to zero with everything that has happened on his side of the garage this season.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/07/2017 05:27 by M79.

TMT (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 07:19
lol Kubica!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/07/2017 07:46 by TMT.

TMT (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 07:20
Where is forcedown? (Sm129)

Myvatn (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 07:21
Good to see I was wrong on his chances. Hope to see him on the grid in 2018.

Gunk (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 10:31
Quote:
M79

This is by no means charity. Renault wouldn't be spending one of their race-driver testdays on Kubica if they didn't feel he'd be in with a chance of performing (significantly) better than Palmer.
I can't help but feel that if the test goes alright, they'll try to put him in the car in Spa.

Lauda also did not believe it was simply for publicity.

The Brazilian magazine Gran Premio insists that Kubica is Renault's plan A, followed by Sainz + 8m, failing that Perez. If true, he will definitely do some FPs.

TMT (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 10:33
So is Palmers F1 career over???

M79 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 11:54
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
M79

The Brazilian magazine Gran Premio insists that Kubica is Renault's plan A, followed by Sainz + 8m, failing that Perez. If true, he will definitely do some FPs.

Renault have nothing to lose with going for Kubica. They've currently got only one points scoring car. They desperately need a points scoring second driver that will also be able to push Hulk.

TMT (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 13:13
Quote:
M79
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
M79

Renault have nothing to lose with going for Kubica. They've currently got only one points scoring car. They desperately need a points scoring second driver that will also be able to push Hulk.

But can Kubica push Hulk??? He has been out of the sport for like seven years.

Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 13:22
Quote:
TMT
It should have never started.. worst driver on the grid aside Stroll

TMT (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 13:44
Quote:
Marco Cardoso
Quote:
TMT
It should have never started.. worst driver on the grid aside Stroll

Yeah Palmer is pretty bad, I think Stroll is definitely better than him.

Duffer (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 14:57
Feel so9rry for palmer ?! The guy is the luckiest man on earth! 2 years in f1 with no talent? Wow, you have had your go, now FU^K OFF. He is nothing but rubbish.

The People that get these chances ffs. Lance too. Fu*k off lance, you are just not good enough.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Gunk (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 11:15
Motorsport it. suggesting that Kubica could be a candidate for Williams if, as current rumours suggest, Sainz goes to Renault once STR becomes Honda.

There has been some chat suggesting that Renault gave Robert a car largely out of sentiment but never expected him to do as well as he did. Renault, however, has many options which Williams does not.

Force India is expected to retain Perez, although Merc would obviously be delighted if he could leave a space for Wehrlein.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 11:22
To me, it would be great to see Kubica back on track. But honestly, I dont think Williams should take a risk like that. The guy has been out of contention a long time now. Yes he does well. On track. During a test. But that is not how a race goes. Where strong mental issues play as well. Physically demanding moments that define a 8th place or no points at all. Experience counts these days and Lance shown us that. I'm afraid that Kubica is out too long and that we are then stuck again with a "rookie".
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him back. But at the moment I'd rather have Kvyat if I'd had to make that decision.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

williams4284 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 12:20
Quote:
AlanJones
To me, it would be great to see Kubica back on track. But honestly, I dont think Williams should take a risk like that. The guy has been out of contention a long time now. Yes he does well. On track. During a test. But that is not how a race goes. Where strong mental issues play as well. Physically demanding moments that define a 8th place or no points at all. Experience counts these days and Lance shown us that. I'm afraid that Kubica is out too long and that we are then stuck again with a "rookie".
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him back. But at the moment I'd rather have Kvyat if I'd had to make that decision.

I agree with you, but I d be very disappointed if we end up with Kvyat lol

TMT (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 12:28
Kubica = (Sm8)

Kvyat = (Sm8)

gpl (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 12:33
Love kubica in one of our cars he is a racer and has race craft.

Duffer (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 08:41
And 1 arm. I think he will be good but not great. F1 needs greats.

Kvyat is a little like massa. When he is happy, he is very good. With claire stroking his ego there, i am sure he would be very good, much better than the chumps there now.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 11:11
Williams options: Sergio Perez, Robert Kubica and Pascal Wehrlein.

[it.motorsport.com]

Dbpinho (IP Logged)
06 September, 2017 11:18
Kvyat ? Are you guys joking? The guy shouldn't even be in formula 1. He is a kid that throws his toys out of the pram every weekend, I would literally prefer racing with only one car and at least save money fixing the car he would crash.

About kubica, I love the idea of having him, but we already have 1 inexperienced driver we can't have two, seven years is a very long time away.

Werlein is not that good to deserve a williams cockpit.

Checo would be perfect, but seems almost impossible to sign.

If we can't get Alonso or Perez we should probably stick with massa for another season.

Current Page: 4 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net