Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 55 of 55

Re: Kubica in Williams?
Mehryar (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 22:51
Quote:
Sweeper
Well, in my book a pay driver is someone who not only brings money, but also fails to live up to the demands of F1. Stroll, for that matter. Or Ericsson. Then you have drivers who bring money and deliver - think Alonso. You have also drivers who do not bring money, but do have a strong back-up to get into F1 and then master their skills - those who succeed (Hamilton), an those who fail (Kvyat, Wehrlein). Finally, you have drivers who get into F1 without backing AND without sponsorship money or guidance of their ex-f1-driver dads - AND deliver. Kubica is an example here, please name any other but while trying you'll realise that this category is not so populated. Now, the chap is attempting to get into F1 for the second time, facing a headwind of fears and disbelief resulting from his perceived disabilities - no wonder he needs to throw in more to get at least a chance to prove himself. Pay driver...really...

Which year do you live in? 2006 or 2018? We are not talking about the young, fit, healthy and fast Kubica anymore...this is his 2018 version and clearly not good enough for a seat without bringing in cash.otherwise he was taken already.

Quote:
Sweeper
The funny thing is I am not alone:
[joesaward.wordpress.com].
If we assume, and this is now a reasonable assumption, that Williams is after money first of all, "using" Kubica to squeeze more money from the bigger bag is a legitimate strategy. Let's just not talk about ethics, it seems to be of a lower priority.

First of all, this is just a guess and he doesn't point to it as a fact or something with a source or data, pure guess...Between him and Williams bosses I take Williams choice as it is based on data.

Quote:
Sweeper
In fact, yes, sort of. I am not following the others, but for Kubica here's a good testimony on how contracting a driver can be related to the merits (google translated): [translate.google.pl]

Honestly, you count on a Polish source for your thoughts? It's better to check Russian sites too so you may get same about Sirotkin.

Quote:
Sweeper
Hamilton, Alonso, Frank Williams (yes, do the search), Rosberg, Pat Symonds and a bunch of others seem to disagree with your professional opinion. Some of them know for sure having had a chance of racing Kubica for years, so this is their view I am choosing to follow.

Please move on with time.Copy paste of their opinions on a driver from a decade ago is the last thing you can point...with this logic, I get Montoya or Mika.More was said about them.

------------------------------

In one clear word, he was brilliant...WAS brilliant. I,like alot of you, was hopeful he is still a shadow of that driver but he is not.If he had 70% of what you (and by your logic Alonso, Frank, Lewis, Rosberg "once" said) he was not without a seat by now and knocking on every door for getting a sponsership to get a seat...believe me, this is F1, not an organized crime society of 10 team bosses to make a scene for preventing a brilliant driver to make it to the grid.Still he may get the seat, but the fact he was not wanted by other 9 teams, and is in fight with a Sirotkin for a long long time, shows the level of our options.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 22:51
Quote:
Sweeper
Well, in my book a pay driver is someone who not only brings money, but also fails to live up to the demands of F1. Stroll, for that matter. Or Ericsson. Then you have drivers who bring money and deliver - think Alonso. You have also drivers who do not bring money, but do have a strong back-up to get into F1 and then master their skills - those who succeed (Hamilton), an those who fail (Kvyat, Wehrlein). Finally, you have drivers who get into F1 without backing AND without sponsorship money or guidance of their ex-f1-driver dads - AND deliver. Kubica is an example here, please name any other but while trying you'll realise that this category is not so populated. Now, the chap is attempting to get into F1 for the second time, facing a headwind of fears and disbelief resulting from his perceived disabilities - no wonder he needs to throw in more to get at least a chance to prove himself. Pay driver...really...

Which year do you live in? 2006 or 2018? We are not talking about the young, fit, healthy and fast Kubica anymore...this is his 2018 version and clearly not good enough for a seat without bringing in cash.otherwise he was taken already.

Quote:
Sweeper
The funny thing is I am not alone:
[joesaward.wordpress.com].
If we assume, and this is now a reasonable assumption, that Williams is after money first of all, "using" Kubica to squeeze more money from the bigger bag is a legitimate strategy. Let's just not talk about ethics, it seems to be of a lower priority.

First of all, this is just a guess and he doesn't point to it as a fact or something with a source or data, pure guess...Between him and Williams bosses I take Williams choice as it is based on data.

Quote:
Sweeper
In fact, yes, sort of. I am not following the others, but for Kubica here's a good testimony on how contracting a driver can be related to the merits (google translated): [translate.google.pl]

Honestly, you count on a Polish source for your thoughts? It's better to check Russian sites too so you may get same about Sirotkin.

Quote:
Sweeper
Hamilton, Alonso, Frank Williams (yes, do the search), Rosberg, Pat Symonds and a bunch of others seem to disagree with your professional opinion. Some of them know for sure having had a chance of racing Kubica for years, so this is their view I am choosing to follow.

Please move on with time.Copy paste of their opinions on a driver from a decade ago is the last thing you can point...with this logic, I get Montoya or Mika.More was said about them.

------------------------------

In one clear word, he was brilliant...WAS brilliant. I,like alot of you, was hopeful he is still a shadow of that driver but he is not.If he had 70% of what you (and by your logic Alonso, Frank, Lewis, Rosberg "once" said) he was not without a seat by now and knocking on every door for getting a sponsership to get a seat...believe me, this is F1, not an organized crime society of 10 team bosses to make a scene for preventing a brilliant driver to make it to the grid.Still he may get the seat, but the fact he was not wanted by other 9 teams, and is in fight with a Sirotkin for a long long time, shows the level of our options.

Sweeper (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:39
Quote:
Mehryar

Mehryar, have you actually taken effort to read the article? This is an authorised interview with Pat Symonds, so the source is as British as you can get winking smiley

Quote:
Mehryar
Copy paste of their opinions on a driver from a decade ago is the last thing you can point...

Be my guest - Paddy Lowe on Kubica after Abu Dhabi test: “These are the fastest cars in the history of the sport and he was in there last week driving extremely competitively".

Quote:
Mehryar
In one clear word, he was brilliant...WAS brilliant. I,like alot of you, was hopeful he is still a shadow of that driver but he is not.

The problem with Kubica is that he's proven to be bloody quick in whatever he decided to drive in, both before and AFTER his rally accident. In 2013, he won WRC2 in his rookie season - think some chap from WRC doing the same in GP2, driving one-handed. Then he went on, winning stages in WRC and being as high as 6th in rallies - picture our WRC chap being as high as 6th and consistently recording fastest laps in F1 in his rookie season...all running his privately owned and operated car. Then he went on testing GP3, Formula E, and, after further 5 rounds of F1 tests, is considered by some as being no longer quick enough. What morons Renault and Williams are, not seeing this obvious fact in the loads of data they have after full-day tests in 2014 cars and investing additional days into so obviously slow driver.

And eventually

Quote:
Mehryar
I take Williams choice as it is based on data.

Quote:
Mehryar
Williams are privy to masses of data that no one here could even imagine. Therefore they will be able to take the best on offer and the fans will just have to go with the flow.

Can't argue with faith, can argue with logic. If masses of data was the key for making good decisions, all F1 teams would drive roughly the same cars and would make similarly cool choices of drivers. And Yahoo would be Google. Unfortunately, there's a lot more than that, including ability to take the correct decision at the end of the day and shuffling through the data. And, sadly, Williams history is one of persistence rather than smart decisions, even more so recently.

So no, thank you, not happy to go with each flow in general, this one in particular (Sm109)

Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 22:00
The money from Kvyat just came in to Ferrari, Williams should be annoucing Sirotkin in one or two days.

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

gpl (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 09:56
They are now saying that Robert could be the reserve driver
this year with a few Friday outings thrown in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 09:57 by gpl.

13 January, 2018 11:01
Quote:
gpl
They are now saying that Robert could be the reserve driver
this year with a few Friday outings thrown in.

That just comes to show the mess Williams is at. Many here say it isn't important a driver that can develop the car, seems someone inside the team doesn't think so and they know Sirotkin and Stroll can't do that and need a experienced driver onboard.
This shows even more Sirotkin is just about money and will Kubica accept this role.

From this trio he is the only F1 driver in the true aspect of the word and gets to be in the sidelines because of money.

Unless they garantee him a couple of races I sincerely doubt he will accept this.

It's like having Alonso and racing with Ericsson.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 16:34
He is not in a position to be the decider as there is no other alternative atm for him.
It's more wise to do some friday outings this year, to prepare for a full season after so long time out of F1.he had some years in F1 back in 2011 but 2 generation of cars have come and gone inbetween.tyres are different, electronics different, everything different.he's nearly a rookie, a physically damaged rookie so maybe better to not rush into it after so much hard work to get back to racing.

The downturn of this option is if the fw41 proves to be a great car then you think Williams will have alot better options in 2019 so he will remain there.

13 January, 2018 17:55
Quote:
Mehryar
The downturn of this option is if the fw41 proves to be a great car then you think Williams will have alot better options in 2019 so he will remain there.

No Williams won't for 2019 you still have Stroll at least and talks are Sirotkin in a 2 year deal, to make matters worst you'll probably loose Martini with the weak exposure this lineup brings which also means even less money to get top drivers.

Don't forget other teams with deeper pocket will also be on the market for drivers and after this mess Williams is making I sincearly doubt any good driver will choose Williams over any other team.

And that's all ifs anyway, what IF the fw41 turns out to be average or with this 2 drivers doesn't make anyone believe in the team.

We had good cars in 2014 and 2015 and that didn't land us any top driver.

Another thing wait for 2021 and the rules change!?!? Realy, that's 4 seasons away and no one nows what they will be, and at this rate there won't be a team.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:34
Martini sponsership is going to end anyway at the end of this season & as mentioned before, the fact we took a title sponser in our worst era, this can mean a renewal conditions will be very different given how much the team would ask for it.so...I'm pessimistic about them staying anyway.regardless of Fw41 and drivers performance.

Stroll and Sirotkin can be on 100 yrs deal and still be left without a seat at the end of season as in history Williams has shown to be great at making contracts with drivers.JB and Maldonado cases showed that very well...so no, if a top driver comes across and the team see the benefit of firing a driver, it will happen whether they have more years in contract or not.

2014 and 2015 did not give us a good driver pairing in years after, but you can give opposite examples as 2013, our worst season ever, gave us a good driver line-up in 2014.probably the best since ralf-montoya years.boring, but solid...you can see that happening all around the grid when teams get the better line ups even when they come out of a bad season.or finish with worse line up comming out of a good season.it's irrelevant.

Current Page: 55 of 55

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net