Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 6 of 45

Re: Kubica in Williams?
TMT (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 05:13
Remember gpl you only live once, why would you want to go through life full of hate.

Calling other posters brain dead $cum is just not on, you really need to get rid of all the hate in you.

TMT (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 05:14
Who agrees with my above post?

AlanJones (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 14:36
Your grandma does

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

TMT (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 14:41
Quote:
AlanJones
Your grandma does

Where did this whole grandma thing come from? Am I missing something? I just don't get it?

For the record my grandma's are dead.

ralf111 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 17:20
Quote:
Duffer
And 1 arm. I think he will be good but not great. F1 needs greats.

Take a look at one armed driver ,also he's wrc2 world champion don't forget

TMT (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 04:44
Some nice driving there ralf111 from Kubica but I still have a big question mark over how Kubica would go in F1 in 2018?

8 years out of the sport...sore arm...I just don't know?

forcedown (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 04:48
No chance to sign Alonso,
Kick Massa,
Dont sign Di Resta,Button,Palmer,Pascal

Just sign KUBICA!!!!!

ralf111 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 07:59
Quote:
TMT
Some nice driving there ralf111 from Kubica but I still have a big question mark over how Kubica would go in F1 in 2018?
8 years out of the sport...sore arm...I just don't know?

OK it is actualy not 8 yeras ,accident happen in 2011 it is 6 years now and he was out of mototrsport for a while,then he start rally's,he won wrc2 championship in 2013.from 2016 he start to prepare for F1 ,why Reanult give him chance to test their car ? it is good question,
they already want Sainz in 2016.But they didn't know if they will be able to take Sainz from STR due to he's contract and money which RBR spend on Sainz development.So they start thinking seriously about replacing useless Palmer.After test in Valencia when Kubica shows that he's still the same driver as it was before accident,Renault start thinking to give him another test, which shows again how good he is.In mean time Mclaren saga start and domino start collapse.Cyril Abiteboul always want Sainz in Renault ,Kubica test was done on request
from Nick Chester,Alain Permaine and other Renault engineers,but they are only engineers, not the bosses who decide which driver will be contracted with the team.
Sainz will probably drive for them next season or even from Malaysia this year.
The deal with RBR,Mclaren close the door for Kubica as money play main role in that case.
In august Hungary test shows how fast is Kubica ,he done 142 laps in a car(hybrid) he never drove before .Kubica lap times was better then Hulkenberg and Palmer in racing mode in 21 laps stint he was second faster then both Renault drivers.

About he's ability to drive again F1 car

Ricardo Penteado, a leading Renault engineer, said any doubts about Kubica’s ability to drive a modern F1 car evaporated at the test.

“You can forget that question — he has no problem to drive the hybrid cars,” Penteado told Brazil’s Globo.

Kubica’s best lap in Hungary was competitive, but Penteado said the 2008 Canadian grand prix winner could also have been quicker.

“The most important thing is that Kubica did not have fuel for just one lap,” he said.

“The other thing that stands out is the number of laps he did — the equivalent of two races,” Penteado added. “It was 40 degrees and Robert did not get out of the car complaining of exhaustion.”

Finally, Penteado said Kubica was able to drive the Renault with only minimal changes to the layout of the steering wheel.

“He had no difficulty,” he said. “We asked for a lot of changes from him via the steering wheel, and he did everything within the normal time.”

Williams have nothing to loose,if they try they will be only a winner
Ask Hamilton or Vettel if they want to have Kubica as team mate and watch their reaction (Sm124)
they both know that they will be beaten in every occasion by Kubica if he has the same car of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 08:00 by ralf111.

TMT (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 12:26
Quote:
Ask Hamilton or Vettel if they want to have Kubica as team mate and watch their reaction (Sm124) they both know that they will be beaten in every occasion by Kubica if he has the same car of course.

Lol Kubica would not beat Hamilton or Vettel in the same car.

gpl (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 14:45
So it seems there maybe some doubt about Roberts fitness
His race pace was a little inconsistent at times.
otherwise he performed all they asked/tasks as good as any race driver.

This maybe why he was not 100% happy with his latest test for Renault in a 2017 car.

He maybe getting tests with williams and sauber over the coming weeks/months.

Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 15:07
I would sign Kubica in a heartbeat

Mehryar (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 16:17
Renault not using option on him declares he is not on the same level of Sainz or Hulk...otherwise he was already there.
Considering they could easily make any kind of deal (short term, long term, anything) with him, he was a very good option to be taken by Renault until 2019 and then go for Alonso....They didn't.

But still I welcome the risk of taking him over Felipe...we've seen how terrible Massa gets as soon as he realizes there's no future for him in the team already and that would be the case in 2018.so we won't get even the same Massa we have now...Kubica is all motivations atm...maybe he won't be there in Monaco or Singapore but atleast he has everything to prove and make better options available for himself.and I don't think he will be as expensive as 6m of Massa.

Btw, Bottas' deal is extended for another season.good news for him and I do believe he will make life way harder for Lewis next season...already he has done better than what most of us have thought at the beginning of the season.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

ralf111 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 16:51
It's not that straight and easy with Renault and Kubica,after he had accident in 2011 he said that he don't want any more money (salary) from Renault,but when he will be back and feel ready to come back,Kubica let them know and they (Renault) will give Kubica some test,which they did,after 1 test which was for fun, as Abiteboul said on press conference after GP Silverstone.

But they realize what opportunity this could be for them if Kubica is still able to drive at he's high level.So it was another test in Paul Ricard which shows again he's speed.
Before they organised test in France, they said there is no more further plans for Kubica and after that they did test !!!.Then comes up Hungary test in 2017 car,which again shows that KUbica i still decent driver.Renault offered him contract as development/test driver in 2018,which means for Kubica another year out of track,so he decide to withdraw from short term contract with Renault which they signed on may 2017.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10936319/the-story-of-robert-kubicas-f1-return-and-being-trackside

At the other side Sainz was always at the background as plan A,so they use Kubica as option B, because they have to know what he's is capable to do it (Hungary test), in case if Sainz not going be available again as it was in 2016.

TMT (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 17:11
Why didn't Williams grab Sainz? I would prefer Sainz over Kubica.

ralf111 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 17:36
Because people from Williams know how to use brain,
and also this maybe why they didn't grab Sainz

Mehryar (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 19:05
Well ralf, you are a big fan of Kubica...me too but as you said Sainz was Plan A and Sainz the Plan B...that tells it all.

I don't buy "Abiteboul taking desicion alone" idea.surely he checks data, considers age, and reviews Kubica's test with engineers and then takes the ultimate decision.
Regarding the tests, as long as we are aware, there's been no data about how was his pace, what fuel loads he had, which tyres he used on each stint, then no refrence to compare with too.all we hear is Renault praising his performance which absolutely normal.you won't hear anything else for sure from the team.
I like to see him back and make Renault understand they have made a mistake by not taking him but the odds are Sainz is more sensible choice atm.

TMT (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 04:52
Man ralf111 sure is a massive Kubica fan.

Gunk (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 09:55
Development in this story: Nico R has taken over Kubica's management and they have approached Williams.

Sky discussing possible job share between Di Resta and Kubica. Sounds weird, but both could get some track time in pre-season testing.

Recent interview with Massa suggests Williams aren't showing him enough love.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 10:18
I just wonder what's all of this push for Di Resta.you could clearly hear Ted's flirt for him...a points machine! how on earth this points machine was outscored by his team mates in 2 out of 3 seasons he has been in F1? and then why no one took the service of this points machine for 4 years? what is he driving atm? that would be the most stupid path to take imho.If they want a regular points scorer, then stick to Massa.if they want to take some risks, Kubica can be there.what extra does Paul offer to us?

gpl (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 10:50
Correct go for Kubica we need a racer not a bloody steady eddie.

If we can build a quick car next year we need someone who will
push the outside of the envelope not just sit there and bring home
decent points

Also Suzie seemed a better sim developer than who we have now.

The team must see this otherwise what is the point geez.

I think as soon as Alonso is signed to Mclaren again we will see
williams move/blink.

Current Page: 6 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net