I voted for Lewis.

Re: Poll: 2017 WDC...Who wins?
M79 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 09:43
Lewis, no doubt.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 10:20
Starting to root for Bottas. He eases ever closer without many mistakes. If he becomes World Champion, it is due to failure of Vettel and Hamilton. But I do think they only have eye for eachother. So it could very well be a case where the two favourites are battling so fiercely that in the end Bottas walks away with the prize at hand. At least thats what Im rooting for.

In any other case, I'd say Lewis.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

forcedown (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 10:22
Wait, Williams upgrade will fully work next race. I think Massa will be WDC this year.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 11:20
I think Lewis. Ferrari's moment in the sun looks to be over unless they can come up with something. I think they hit the ground better than Merc with the new cars but have now been overtaken and this trend will continue.

So it's Lewis vs. Bottas and I feel that unless mechanical failure deals a hand, Lewis will win out over a good few races.

You never know. BOT is steady and calm and HAM may make the odd clanger. But I think Lewis is just that little bit faster and will bring it home.

Unless Ferrari can find something very soon they will fade and they have plenty of penalties coming up. VET is not good when he's back the grid. His races tend to go to hell unless he's right out front.

Smart money has to be on Lewis.

Gunk (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 13:18
Great to see Bottas up there but he's not Lewis yet. Temperament could affect the main contenders more . . . we'll see who gets more rattled as things progress.

Quite honestly, it looks like Merc's philosophy of no number 2 is working better, with Bottas taking lots of points off Vettel in the last couple of races.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 17:04
I voted for Bottas, he keeps his cool in whatever conditions.looking at how Vettel makes mistakes after anything going against his likening or how many times Lewis seem to be lost through the weekend, I think Bottas has a very good shot at it.
And about Ferrari vs. Mercedes performance, I don't think Mercedes has the upper hand.if Kimi was able to stay in 4-5 secs of Lewis on their first stint, then Seb could have been right on the tail of Lewis.same story since the beginning of the season : Mercedes better in Quali, same pace on race day.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 18:34
Bottas!

From the moment he moved to Mercedes I knew he will be tough cookie to crack!!!
Lewis thinks Valtteri is inoffensive. Kind of nice pet to have around.

When he will wake up to reality it will be too late for him (will lose the championship)!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/07/2017 18:57 by TerraNova19.

Gunk (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 20:38
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

You never know. BOT is steady and calm and HAM may make the odd clanger. But I think Lewis is just that little bit faster and will bring it home.

I voted Lewis for the same reason. Plus, of course, he is the incumbent in the team, already a WDC, with all the confidence and advantages that brings.

But, as you say, you never know. I rate Bottas higher than Rosberg . . . he was less pressured and less error prone in all his time at Williams.

I have a story. I had a student staying with me here for the last couple of years. Well, not the greatest natural talent, but kept analysing and studying and re-taking the tests and eventually got a BA.

Reminded me of Nico R a bit. Lewis could beat him any day of the week, but Nico just wouldn't stay beaten.

Rumblestrip (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 21:17
Of course I voted Bottas. He is a clever, forward-planning points Hoover.
In the same car he can make Lewis look ordinary.

I think Merc are now ahead. Despite a sandbagging radio message 15 laps before the end, both Mercedes ran flat out to the flag. Both Ferraris flamed out in the attempt to stay in contention.

Duffer (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 02:27
Bottle only beats Lewis if he has a problem. They have about a 0.2-0.3 delta.

Lewis, Seb second, bottarga a distant 3rd.

Simple

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

TMT (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 15:05
TMT...The Money Team!!!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 16:20
BOT is a bit like ROS except far more likeable. He is arguably more clam in and out of the car. Perhaps more of a deep thinker. But he still lacks a couple tenths of raw speed every lap and he'll probably never find that.

It took a good deal of luck for ROS to win against HAM and I think it will be the same with BOT. Maybe wrong but he has to show that 'alien' speed that the very best do.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 18:55
Really? I'm wondering how you can say he misses as much as Rosberg to Lewis when already with way way less experience with his new team he is 6-4 with Lewis in qualifying and not far off in points standing too.luck has been doing the justice between the too as well so the track record doesn't look as bad as Nico.
But Lewis every now and then makes some laps which is unusually fast, but on the other hand has another weaknesses.not a complete package imho like Schumacher or Alonso.I don't seen these 2 guys as fastest, probably could be beaten by Lewis in Qualifying in same car but still more perfect packages as a driver, so Bottas doesn't need to be as fast as him to beat Lewis imho.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Duffer (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 09:41
Gotta has been lucky. By the end of the season he will have faded far behind even Sebastian.

Under the same qually conditions he is definitely slower.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 12:41
I would put Lewis in the same category as Schumi or Senna. A maybe flawed genius. Alonso I put with Prost, Moss, Stewart and a load of others. Just do it every weekend and better than 99% of everyone else there. EXCEPT for the Lewis / Senna / Schumi / Clarke crew who have something else.

In equal cars with equal reliability, BOT will never beat HAM over a season and you know it.

TMT (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 12:51
Quote:
In equal cars with equal reliability, BOT will never beat HAM over a season and you know it

I would have to agree with that.

TMT (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 13:22
Does anyone here read this site? LINK

Duffer (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 16:31
Hi Whitey

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net