2017 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Williams Movie - must see
Stuart L (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 22:02
Just got back from the cinema. It's incredible. Deserves an Oscar.

Absolutely riveting, incredibly well crafted story woven around family life before and after Franks crash. You can watch this as a very informed fan or someone who knows nothing about motorsport.

It is just incredible. Emotive, shattering, humour, drive, passion. So well put together, and it shows a complete family dynamic.

Order the DVD, see it in the cinema. Do not miss it.

Re: Williams Movie - must see
ghettonation (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 12:00
I saw the movie on Tuesday also and I was really excited to see it and I really wanted to love it.

But to be completely honest I thought it was just a tad bit boring. There's a couple of moments that bring tears to your eyes, and a couple of bits of old footage of dead people in burnt out cars that shock you but overall its just a bit MEH!! I spoke to a couple of people after the film had finished and they thought exactly the same so it wasn't just me who was getting bored by it.

If you want to see it I wouldn't recommend spending money going to see it in a cinema, wait until it comes out on blu-ray or a streaming service.

TMT (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 08:09
Quote:
ghettonation
I saw the movie on Tuesday also and I was really excited to see it and I really wanted to love it.
But to be completely honest I thought it was just a tad bit boring. There's a couple of moments that bring tears to your eyes, and a couple of bits of old footage of dead people in burnt out cars that shock you but overall its just a bit MEH!! I spoke to a couple of people after the film had finished and they thought exactly the same so it wasn't just me who was getting bored by it.

If you want to see it I wouldn't recommend spending money going to see it in a cinema, wait until it comes out on blu-ray or a streaming service.

This post just shot down Stuart L's must see thread...So Stuart L says its a must see but ghettonation says it sucks...So which one is it(Sm56)

TMT (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 08:11
Does it suck or is it good (Sm56)

The dead people in burnt out cars part sounds interesting.

williamsdb.com (IP Logged)
17 August, 2017 09:29
It's brilliant. It is not a film about F1 but it is a film about people. So if you go expecting to see lots of car action, you won't.

Claire Williams opens up in a way you will not see anywhere else and the final scene is heartbreaking.

You can read my review here if you are interested.

http://www.williamsdb.com/side.jpg

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
21 August, 2017 04:56
I wish I could get access to it in Australia but I can't even get to it through the Australian ITunes store.

Duffer (IP Logged)
21 August, 2017 06:34
I find it difficult to believe that with the available technologies we cannot simply release content to the world. There is a madness going on somewhere which will soon be gone. In the interim we are in no mans land with this ridiculous situation.

The world is very strange. I guess the people that run it (all of us) are simply incompetent @#$%&.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Stuart L (IP Logged)
21 August, 2017 09:10
Andrew can you watch a uk format DVD in Australia. Check and pm me if u can please

Willosh (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 02:20
Unfortunately the blu-ray is region B locked. Can't play it on my PS4 in Canada. Me so sad!!

AlanJones (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 03:29
Williams wants to maximize their profit and just want paying customers to see their movie. It's not on newsgroups nor is there a good torrent available.
So until the release will be available worldwide on Google Play or iTunes, it will be impossible for the most of us to see it.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net