2017 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

O/t world athletic championships
Stuart L (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 08:59
A few of you know my other big passion is running (enthusiastic rather than fast). I'm wired right now as spirit of 2012 returns to uk with World Athletic Championships on at my beloved Olympic Park in London.

10 days of pure athletics, free to air on the BBC. Mo farrah was brilliant last night, noise from crowd was mega.

So my family have dug out all their 2012 Olympic kit, face paints going on and we are off to watch my all time hero' Usain Bolt's last ever individual races tonight. Live! So v excited, even more than this anorak was for Williams 40th and Williams movie.

Going with Olympic and team gb flags, showing our love for sport.

Come on Bolt! You can get one more great performance from your body so we can give you best send off possible.

Re: O/t world athletic championships
TMT (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 09:25
Usain Bolt = freak

He is scary fast just scary.

phatjack (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 10:31
It's a shame that Bolt's heir apparent to the throne had to pull out of the competition.

Should be a walk in the park for UB and he should exit fittingly on a high.

This was one of the events that caught my fancy this summer the other is Mayweather punching the lights out of that annoying Irishman.

TMT (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 11:09
Quote:
phatjack
It's a shame that Bolt's heir apparent to the throne had to pull out of the competition.
Should be a walk in the park for UB and he should exit fittingly on a high.

This was one of the events that caught my fancy this summer the other is Mayweather punching the lights out of that annoying Irishman.

TMT...The Money Team thumbs down

Damon96 (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 11:14
The Mo race was fantastic - wasn't sure if they'd kept the pace so high he wouldn't have the sprint left, then almost falling twice at the beginning of the last 400m and the crowd noise as he pulled away at the start of the home straight. Best men's distance race in many years. Also great that is was live and free to air rather than highlights (and not on Channel 4 as their para athletics coverage is awful)

Bolt - hmmm he didn't look comfortable - there are some fast runners in the semi's and final - hard to know how much he held back looked a lot - but he needs a better start - I don't think it'll be a walk over.

TMT (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 12:35
Hahaha...anyway could Usain Bolt outrun a 20mm heavy machine gun...I doubt it, he would get destroyed by a 20mm heavy machine gun.

TMT (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 12:37
Bolt would get his @#$%& legs blown off by 20mm heavy machine gun.

Stuart L (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 12:47
Phat

Nice post. Yes I'm patriotic!

You're Australian, funny never not met a patriotic Aussie?

But to play up to your post; does Britain support / host sport better than anywhere else in the world? Let's debate?

2000 Aussie olympics best ever, did we surpass, not got a clue...,but we were pretty good and between James Bond, the queen, spice girls etc we put on a v good show.

We love welcoming the world. If you were at my regular bus stop outside Paddington station in London you'd see me helping tourists daily to get the right bus! Happy to welcome you all and send u home happy.

Personally I'm delighted that Paris seems to be getting 2024 olympics... know where I'm going that summer.

Other great sporting events round the world. Indy 500 amazing. Whole city gets it. Le Mans amazing. Melbourne Grand Prix great. Rio Olympic s were brilliant (didn't go but a friend did and said it was mega)

TMT (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 13:39
(Sm71)(Sm71)(Sm71)

MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 13:49
My odd passion is curling. Watched it on telly during the Sochi 2014 winter games and got hooked. Any time it's on I'll watch. Amuses me as to why the hell I love it but I do.

You can only get over your fears if you attack them head on - Mika Hakkinen

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 15:13
Mayweather won't get into confrontation he's defensive. Connor will lose but not by knockout, he will lose on points. The most underwhelming sporting event of the century.

MartiniSalad (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 15:45
Boxing's usually full of aggro, inevitably, but my God... I really do hope Mayweather shuts him up somehow. No offence Whitey but someone should tape his mouth, and keep it so.

You can only get over your fears if you attack them head on - Mika Hakkinen

Stu69 (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 18:32
The sporting buzz in the U.K. Is amazing recently. I think we definitely caught the bug from Australia. The lottery cash has just transformed things from the days of Seb Coe and Steve Cram being about the only hope we had,

The facilities in London are great and Manchester too. Even more rural places like York where I live has good swimming and cycling facilities. It's all pretty positive!

I am really looking forward to Bolt tonight!i think the world has taken him to there heart! All this makes a great contrast to some of the other goings on in the world! Love it!

The Olympic opening ceremony in London was fantastic for me. I was like thinking how do we out do China or Australia. When I heard the plan I thought oh no this will be terrible, anything with Paul McCartney in is a worry, but for me Dizzie Rascal going Bonkers just stole the show! Amazing!

Stu69 (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 18:51
Interesting. TDK are major sponsors of the Athletics. Just been looking at them. Chunky company. Do they sponsor F1?

Duffer (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 00:17
Phat is canadian. Athletics botes @#$%& out of me. See the same thimg going to a local school on athletics day. Who gives a @#$%&.

A 20mm machine gun has no chance agaknst a 2000 pound laser guided bomb.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

TMT (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 03:06
Quote:
A 20mm machine gun has no chance agaknst a 2000 pound laser guided bomb.

Hahaha...true.

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 05:55
Shame for Usain.

Beaten by a druggie.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

phatjack (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 09:00
The argument made by some sports caster that time had caught up with Bolt when he was beaten by someone older is laughable.

TMT (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 14:02
Quote:
phatjack
The argument made by some sports caster that time had caught up with Bolt when he was beaten by someone older is laughable.

Yep Bolt can't make the excuse that he got beaten because he is getting older because the guy who beat him is like 6 years older than Bolt.

Bolts last 100m race = epic fail.

TMT (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 14:03
Usain Bolt = Epic fail (Sm8)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net