Latest News:

2017 Malaysian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Re: The hottest rumour in the Spa paddock today: Williams offered Fernando Alonso a cockpit for 2018.
phatjack (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 00:05
Quote:
Mehryar
Well I can't name one either, that's why I say he "can" bring in new sponsers with himself.anyone who comments with 100% certanity that he can do this or can't do that, is an idiot.
But comparing him with other drivers out there, he's certainly one of the most attractive options for sponsers.I can't think Santander would break their deal to move to us but probably there can be alot of more names out there who simply stood aside cause of Mclaren-Honda shape or how they request money as a top3 team for a bit of space on the car, when they are actually the last one.

On the note you compare with rumors of Kimi joining us, I think with a review of comments you would see most posters here (me included) don't believe this Williams-Alonso thing would happen as most of us seek a strong reasoning behind such a decision by a driver of his calibre.
These talks are mostly about what Williams team can take away from such a deal if ever be done, and well if you compare it's 10-0 for Williams as long as you concern the benefits of 2 sides.

Wow, it's all about make believe to you? You know if the Queen had balls she'd King?

I suppose it's fun to imagine what if?

AJ while in Monza, can you get me Sergio Marchionne's autograph ... as I am working on a project for a school we both attended in Toronto?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/08/2017 00:06 by phatjack.

Re: The hottest rumour in the Spa paddock today: Williams offered Fernando Alonso a cockpit for 2018.
TMT (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 04:45
Bump for 82.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 09:17
Mehryar, I don't believe in fairy tales. Best example, Stroll would get us some new sponsorship as well.. hmmmm? Then where is it?
So no, Alonso doesn't bring new sponsorship. He could make sponsors more interested in Williams. But that isn't the thing you've told and it's a whole new discussion. You were sure Alonso would bring sponsorship.

And PJ, I'll try.. lol..

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Mehryar (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 09:44
Uh, its the same thing saying...you better double check.then asked about his past sponsors and the answer was clear too.
Still, I'm wondering if my english so bad that always there's a need to explain something easy over and over again.

About the Stroll, you must check if I said these things.in fact for 6 months I am looking for a big sponsorship by him and the answer I get is his daddy paying directly for the team, like a new simulator or salaries of some top guys they took or a direct payment to team.all without a source.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

TMT (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 10:07
Where are you from Mehryar and how old are you? How did you become such a massive Williams fan?

You would have to be the biggest one eyed Williams supporter on this message board.

How did you become such a massive Williams fan?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/08/2017 10:08 by TMT.

Gunk (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 10:38
Joe Saward's blog gives a more sober assessment of the McLaren Honda soap.

Of interest is that McLaren-Renault is probably not 'impossible', as Prost suggested, if large amounts of cash were to appear. In addition, he suggests that the powers that be would rather keep McLaren than Honda, since both parties to the divorce are now hardening their positions. So rules about supplying four teams would be bent.

The Alonso to Williams story gets little mention . . . so I think we can put the chances of this happening at less than 10%.

Gunk (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 11:04
Quote:
Mehryar

About the Stroll, you must check if I said these things.in fact for 6 months I am looking for a big sponsorship by him and the answer I get is his daddy paying directly for the team, like a new simulator or salaries of some top guys they took or a direct payment to team.all without a source.

I think the money is paid as sponsorship, although a large part is for the benefit of Lance. There was a note on the 2016 accounts about a 'one off sponsorship payment', which was obviously the money to cover Lance's pre-testing world tour.

gpl (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 11:05
Well williams are really banging on about changing philosophy for
next years car these last few days
I really think they are going all out to convince Alonso to take a leap of faith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/08/2017 11:07 by gpl.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 11:12
And there you go GPL. Thats the whole thing I am rooting for as well.
I frankly dont give a damn if Alonso joins or not. Its the thought, the way of thinking the way Williams acts on the driver market or better said in your words; the philosophy that intrigues me. Thats the biggest progression and the only thing that matters to me.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

gpl (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 11:48
I just hope now they forget about trying to figure this turkey of a race car out and go full steam into next years design.
Try to get a head start.

TMT (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 11:50
Quote:
gpl
Well williams are really banging on about changing philosophy for
next years car these last few days
I really think they are going all out to convince Alonso to take a leap of faith.

What if Williams produce a car in 2018 that once again only finishes 6th in the WCC?

TMT (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 11:52
Quote:
gpl
I just hope now they forget about trying to figure this turkey of a race car out and go full steam into next years design.
Try to get a head start.

Williams have come up empty for the last 20 years so maybe 2018 could be the year they turn things around...Maybe.

andy si (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 12:41
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Maybe this is our test? We binned all our best drivers as we thought the team was above them. WRONG. Maybe somebody has finally seen this? All those guys who bought us all the great times were legends. MAYBE WE NEED TO PUT ONE IN DA SEAT. DOH. UH? WOT?
This is the team that fired Mansell and Hill after they won titles for us FFS. Get a grip Williams. We WON'T win with these half assed useless journeymen like Massa etc.

If we can get Alonso, let's get him. I doubt it and figure it's a play to get more cash out of Mclaren but that in itself is a good thing for us. The more they have to pay him, the less they can spend on their car so let's ramp it up.

Maybe Paddy knows more than he cares to say about Merc's long term plans for F1 and who will be the works team if they leave. Maybe that was always part of the plan?

So that leaves Lewis and Alonso and works Williams Mercedes and the red devil VET in the Fiat. Then that other lot whoever they are.

I second your thoughts thumbs down

Vancha (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 14:26
And what if Alonso has Max's problems with Renault engines at McLaren?

williams4284 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 14:41
I wish Honda stays in F1 and gets successful, as if they fall out with the sport again that will not encourage others to come in.

Duffer (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 14:57
Lol, no other engine manufacturer will come in at all until 2021. So they scare away..... nobody. Woooo.

To those that say alonso to williams would not bring sponsorshio interest, you are idiots. Of course it would. A williams with massa and stroll is as attractive to sponsors as a dead squid.

Alonso going there on the other hand is epic.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

PABLO 27 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 19:33
Quote:
Duffer
Lol, no other engine manufacturer will come in at all until 2021. So they scare away..... nobody. Woooo.
To those that say alonso to williams would not bring sponsorshio interest, you are idiots. Of course it would. A williams with massa and stroll is as attractive to sponsors as a dead squid.

Alonso going there on the other hand is epic.

You should respect other people's opinion...they are not idiots because they don't think as you do

http://i45.tinypic.com/2evb1aw.jpg

GO TEAM WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damon96 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 19:52
If Mclaren dump Honda and Honda go to TR - I'd be really worried - they have James Key and a potential large investment in cash. I know Honda are crap - but based on Fernando's history - he seems to bring misfortune - so it wouldn't surprise me if Mclaren got rid of Honda and he stayed, Honda would turn it round.

If Mclaren do dump Honda - I really think it is worth the risk going with them, if they stick with Ilmor support - they could turn it round - and we won't win again without a manufacturer behind us.

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 06:53
Wolff says Alonso’s “history” with Mercedes is why he won’t get 2018 drive

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 08:54
Anyway I will make it official : I do not believe Williams - Alonso deal will happen.

The strongest indication is that Alonso throw the bone to the press without thinking to much.

Still Williams could provide a surprise: Jenson Button or Sergio Perez smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 31/08/2017 08:56 by TerraNova19.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net