Latest News:

2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Re: The hottest rumour in the Spa paddock today: Williams offered Fernando Alonso a cockpit for 2018.
TMT (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 08:47
Quote:
TerraNova19
Anyway I will make it official : I do not believe Williams - Alonso deal will happen.
The strongest indication is that Alonso throw the bone to the press without thinking to much.

Still Williams could provide a surprise: Jenson Button or Sergio Perez smiling smiley

So Williams could get grandpa Button or Sergio slam the door shut on my team mate Perez...Thanks but no thanks.

Re: The hottest rumour in the Spa paddock today: Williams offered Fernando Alonso a cockpit for 2018.
TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 09:26
Williams denies 2018 Alonso talks - "I know nothing about it"
31 August 2017 - 10h36, by GMM

Williams has played down reports it is close to signing up Fernando Alonso for 2018.

Reports have suggested Alonso, the frustrated McLaren-Honda driver, could announce imminently that he is moving to the customer Mercedes-powered team next year.

But Williams deputy Claire Williams told Bild newspaper: "I read that with astonishment.

"I know nothing about it. I never negotiated with him — never sat at a table with him," she insisted.

Williams also dismissed suggestions Alonso’s huge 2017 salary would be paid by billionaire Lawrence Stroll, who wants the very best teammate to pair with his son Lance next year.

"Forget it," Claire Williams responded.

"Mr Stroll is a successful businessman because he does not throw money around like that."

phatjack (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 09:34
"Mr Stroll is a successful businessman because he does not throw money around like that."

? $80 million.

Duffer (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 10:12
Lol, mt stroll throws money at his son like a fool.

Pablo, you are correct, i should not call others idiots because they dont agree with me. You are correct good man.

They are idiots because they think alonso would not attract more sponsorship unterest.

😂

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Mehryar (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 13:01
Sad to hear she is telling this...infact it's not a positivity that our team stays neutral for one of the top3 drivers being available and media consider us as the best option for him.

If there's no push for him, our options remain Massa or Perez with Martini contract clauses.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

TMT (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 13:13
Quote:
Mehryar
Sad to hear she is telling this...infact it's not a positivity that our team stays neutral for one of the top3 drivers being available and media consider us as the best option for him.
If there's no push for him, our options remain Massa or Perez with Martini contract clauses.

Perez??? You mean slam the door shut on my team mate Perez??? Williams don't need Perez.

williams4284 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 13:19
I guess Perez is better than Massa. Granted he pushed ocon in the wall, but he s no bad driver at all.

TMT (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 13:31
Yep true I would probably take Perez over Massa.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 13:44
Yeah, me too.

I think the likely story at Mclaren is what matey said on the F1 preview the other night. They launch a team in the US with Andretti. A branded car. Alonso heads off to do a season over there with another shot at the 500. Button is drafted back in to the F1 team for a 1 off if they can persuade him and I think he'd give it a go as Honda might get it right. This paves the way for Norris to take that car in 2019, having won F2 in 2018 when SVD will be up to speed as an F1 driver or for ALO to come back if he sees fit.

To be honest I think ALO is taking it too far now. He's poison. Are Renault going to supply Mclaren with engines when they have bigger @#$%& than Horner moaning about them every weekend on team radio? Why would Renault want that?

I think ALO has moaned himself into a corner. Good he may be but he's getting old and there are quick young guys coming through.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 16:26
Well I meant it's terrible to see our team boss, with one of the best drivers being available, put us in a position to only consider Massa and Perez as our candidates.
Both are mediocre drivers these days, nothing special.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

PABLO 27 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 16:44
Quote:
Duffer
Lol, mt stroll throws money at his son like a fool.
Pablo, you are correct, i should not call others idiots because they dont agree with me. You are correct good man.

They are idiots because they think alonso would not attract more sponsorship unterest.

😂

Do you think Alonso is still a driver who can attract sponsors?...I think he does...but not at the same level that he did a few years ago, I think that the market is focused in other drivers at the moment

http://i45.tinypic.com/2evb1aw.jpg

GO TEAM WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 18:52
Alonso is POISON. Leave him to those happy to pay him. We should PAY for a top driver but it's not ALO and I'm not sure who at the moment. Seems to be a good team mate to Stroll. Perez seems a good candidate. If the Stroll money and Paddy produce a winning car next year then we can talk to drivers. But not yet.

Nobody has linked VES to us yet. What about that?

massathebest (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 20:46
i don't see a point in bringing a top driver to team for next year. first we have to develop this rubbish car and be competitive in 2018 and then we may start to think our driver.

and my opinion, team should continue with felipe. i can't see a better option if you dont get alonso.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 23:33
How about Mrs Partridge, the office cleaner? She would be faster than Felipe. Looks more like a man and less like Tracey Ullman too.

Lance looks like the Incredible Hulk and VES looks like a fish. Fish boy. Fish F1. Fish and chips.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 23:35
At least Alonso looks like someone cool. That Dave bloke out of Foo Fighters and not like a fish or Tracey Ullman. Incredible Hulk is a good look but not always the fastest due to tight fitting clothes.

gpl (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 05:41
Get daddy stroll on board and push for Fred
i still think he can be tempted to jump ship.
Then keep faith in Paddy and his team to do the biz.

TMT (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 06:35
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
At least Alonso looks like someone cool. That Dave bloke out of Foo Fighters and not like a fish or Tracey Ullman. Incredible Hulk is a good look but not always the fastest due to tight fitting clothes.

Dave Grohl thumbs down

TMT (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 06:36
Dave Grohl = Awesome thumbs down

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 13:57
Quote:
TMT

Looks nothing like a fish either. Or the Incredible Hulk or Tracey Ullman.

Massa = Tracey Ullman.

TMT (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 07:09
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Quote:
TMT

Looks nothing like a fish either. Or the Incredible Hulk or Tracey Ullman.

Massa = Tracey Ullman.

Haha (Sm6)

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net