Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Be;lgian GP: Saturday Prac & Qaulifying
TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 13:15
Channel 4 F1ģ‏Verified account @C4F1 1m1 minute ago
More
Ben: Williams have struggled all weekend, it'll be tough for them to get out of Q1

DC: They're just not getting the tyres in the window

Francesc (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 13:16
Stroll doesn't even go out for a second attemp. Sorry, but see you next year.

raiden (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 13:20
We are a joke.

http://img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/23720/237205361bda981565095ac77d0f74019e4889a6.jpg

WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING

Damon96 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 13:21
Look how close it is though on times - if you had the Bottas -0.3-0.5 seconds - we'd still not be great but we'd be just outside top 10. When the car isn't perfect - they just can't get a good time. Wish we could get Alonso in just too see how bad the car is.

gpl (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 13:22
Would love to be in on the Monday morning meeting back at grove after this weekend woeful display.

Gunk (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 13:27
Hmmmm . . . not a lot one can say.

Palmer's quick this weekend. What happened?

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 13:33
Well I got that right we were out in the first period. I can't understand how we have gone backwards as the season progressed and I don't think the team has either.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 14:04
Disgraceful. Williams are actually terrible. They are not a good formula one team any more. Imagine trying to retain a fan base with these drivers and performances

andy si (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 14:30
Quote:
gpl
At least the car is being consistently poor with all the new updates that should
help the team a little bit to narrow down the real problem.

Work on the rest of the car where they see less or no problems.

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 16:02
BELGIAN GRAND PRIX QUALIFYING

Tweet Share on Facebook
26 AUG 2017
Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
7.004 km / 4.352 miles

Weather: Warm and dry
Temperature: Air: 23-25įC Track: 33-37įC

Q1
F. Massa 1:45.823 (16th)
L. Stroll 1:46.915 (18th)

Q2
F. Massa -
L. Stroll -

Q3
F. Massa -
L. Stroll -

Qualifying Notes

- Felipe Massa qualified 16th and Lance Stroll 18th for the Belgian Grand Prix
- Both drivers went out in Q1 on the ultrasoft tyre but were knocked out of the session having struggled for qualifying run performance over the course of the weekend
- Lance was only able to set one timed-lap in Q1 after suffering damage to his rear-wing endplate
- Felipe missed all Friday running after a crash in FP1 required a chassis change
- Felipe has been given a five-place grid penalty for failing to slow for double-waved yellow flags in FP3

Paddy Lowe, Chief Technical Officer: A disappointing result. Felipe obviously went into qualifying knowing that he would have a 5-place penalty. He was knocked out in Q1 in P16 and unfortunately on Lanceís car, we had a failure on a part of the rear-wing which the mechanics tried to change in the very limited time available but we missed the cut.

Felipe Massa: Iím so disappointed with the result. Weíre not competitive enough. I thought maybe the crash would have been a problem today but I managed to understand the balance and the car. The car is just not competitive so Iím pretty disappointed. Even before losing five positions on the grid, itís not a great start for the race tomorrow but racing is racing. We need to try everything we can and thatís what Iím looking forward to tomorrow.

Lance Stroll: I had a broken rear endplate and it is just one of those things that happens. Unluckily that held me up so I couldn't get out for a second run in Q1 and my qualifying ended there. We need a quicker and more competitive car, as we just can't carry the speed that some other cars can and it is really costing us a lot on certain tracks. If I had got out there for my second run I would definitely have gone quicker, but I think it would have been tough to get out of Q1. It is very frustrating and not where we want to be, but we have got to keep working on the car. I just hope for a better day tomorrow, as we have long straights, overtaking is possible and you have got to be positive and hopeful

Mehryar (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 16:57
I'm wondering about Paddy's effect really.
I think he's maybe lost with wind tunnel colleration with ontrack performance, otherwise how can he let new parts to come on board when they are hurting our pace.
This car can't be that much @#$%&, it was 4th best car, not a long time ago, with good gap with 5th.now we are clearly 9th with loads of new parts!
For 3rd race in a row, the problem seems to be tyres not reaching operating window.A1, Hungaroring and Spa.3 different kindda tracks and all of them since the time we brought in new parts.

I'm very much sure not Pat and nor Paddy can design the worst chasis of the grid with our budget, even if they want to! The problem must be whether track data doesn't match the factory or Paddy simply has no idea about this design philosophy so everything he gives green light to be on the car, doesn't work at all.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

phatjack (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 17:05
Quote:
andy si
Quote:
gpl
At least the car is being consistently poor with all the new updates that should
help the team a little bit to narrow down the real problem.
C
Work on the rest of the car where they see less or no problems.

It's depressing reading some of the comments on here. Crusty always found a way to turn a negative into a positive.

Either he was full of @#$%& or this board is full of misguided millennial's (fanboys) looking to latch on something more than a movie about hero wworshiping.

Chickenman, I understand your frustration.

redline (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 17:45
Although Williams have dropped down the pecking order this season, they are already hard at work on their 2018 car which will correct the fundamental design flaws of the current FW38. The teamís engineers are working to reposition the entire rear axle and the Mercedes transmission.

This would fall in line with Force Indiaís solution for the Mercedes engine bolted to the VJM10, which has resulted in their car being a better piece of kit than the Williams this season.

[www.grandprix247.com]

*fw38 - maybe some confusion at grandprix247dotcom

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 18:53

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 18:54
Quote:
redline
Although Williams have dropped down the pecking order this season, they are already hard at work on their 2018 car which will correct the fundamental design flaws of the current FW38. The teamís engineers are working to reposition the entire rear axle and the Mercedes transmission.
This would fall in line with Force Indiaís solution for the Mercedes engine bolted to the VJM10, which has resulted in their car being a better piece of kit than the Williams this season.

[www.grandprix247.com]

*fw38 - maybe some confusion at grandprix247dotcom

"Discussions reportedly having been ongoing since before the summer break. The Spaniard believes in the potential and future of Williams with former Mercedes technical chief Paddy Lowe at the helm."

phatjack (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 19:08
Fred driving for another midfield team makes no sense. Though I suppose if it's about advancing Stroll's career any F1 driver would jump at the opportunity.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 20:36
Reading through different sites, they just emphasis on the fact that all top3 teams are full in 2018.probably Mclaren wants to make a longer contract.so a 2018 drive with Williams can offer him a free choice for 2019 drive.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

forcedown (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 23:35
Lowe will leave. This is stupid F1 team.....going backward every year.

TMT (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 23:48
Hi forcedown (Sm150)

TMT (IP Logged)
26 August, 2017 23:50
Its funny I say how Williams have not won anything for the last 20 years and nobody comments on it, it is funny on this board everyone here seems oblivious to the fact that Williams have not won anything for 20 years.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net