Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Re: 2017 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 1-3 September
Mehryar (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 16:06
Great performance by the team but it can fade away as soon as lights go out.
Can be very much down to setup...I just can't believe all of a sudden our poor traction and slow sector times are improved "THAT" much.
Still a 7th and 8th will make my day tomorrow.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 16:13
Nice interview with Lance. "Just having fun!"

Gunk (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 16:21
I suspect it was purely because they filled up the tanks and let him pound around . . . the tyres came in eventually.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 16:32
I did not watch it, but reading through the session review, they say Lance was always there.not only the last lap or something.
Kindda remains Hulk's performance in Brazil 2010 that everything came together for him but in a way smaller scale!

tomazy (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 16:43

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 16:57
This was a nice moment as Lance Stroll met his dad after quali. 'That was ****ing unbelievable!' said Stroll Sr... pic.twitter.com/K05l93XTL5

Adam Cooper (@adamcooperF1) September 2, 2017

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIu4pnqWAAAOeiI.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2017 17:02 by TerraNova19.

tomazy (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 17:50
With the wet qualifying, all cars can start on what ever tires they want tommorow. In FP2, Williams had Felipe on SS tires for the start of the long stint and Lance on the soft tire. if they both had the same fuel, according to AMUS, lance had an average lap time of 1.25,987 (19 laps) and Felipe 1.26,241 (18 laps). Do you think that there is a chanse that any of our drivers will start on soft tires?

Mehryar (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 18:13
Usually harder compounds give you a worse get away off the line, so I don't think they will gamble on that, though I like to see different strategies by our boys.
Considering Monza offers good chances of overtaking, a final stint on ss can be exciting.
Btw, interesting data by you.Paddy said yesterday that they fitted soft tyres for lance on his long run only because he flat spotted his ss set with spin, so their prime strategy should be start on ss.

Francesc (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 18:30
That new suspension seems to be making wonders.

Well done!!

phatjack (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 18:52
Today Williams looked like a completive team ... I too must admit Stroll looked promising for a while.

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 18:55
Quote:
Francesc
That new suspension seems to be making wonders.
Well done!!

Felipe Massa: It was definitely a great qualifying for the team. For many years, our car has been difficult in wet conditions and today the car was great, which for me was very important in qualifying.

tomazy (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:00
Only Massa has a new gearbox this race (link), and I have not seen any pics of the susspension where I could see the configuration tested in Hungary at least not on Lances car (link). There also wasnt any mention by the team of any new mechanical parts for this race that I know of. So maybe there is no new susspension jet, but who knows.

tomazy (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:09
Williams at a loss to explain strong pace in wet qualifying

Massa said Williams compromised the set-up "very little" but it was "not really a big compromise".

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:13
Quote:
tomazy
Only Massa has a new gearbox this race (link), and I have not seen any pics of the susspension where I could see the configuration tested in Hungary at least not on Lances car (link). There also wasnt any mention by the team of any new mechanical parts for this race that I know of. So maybe there is no new susspension jet, but who knows.

They made some changes (subtle) to the current rear suspension.
It is a guess of mine and I could be wrong smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2017 19:20 by TerraNova19.

phatjack (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:39
Quote:
tomazy
Williams at a loss to explain strong pace in wet qualifying
Massa said Williams compromised the set-up "very little" but it was "not really a big compromise".

Lets see how Williams performs tomorrow. My money is on Ferrari and Red Bull to finish ahead. That Indian team is anyone's guess.

Damon96 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:43
Wow what a performance - no idea where that came from - we've been rubbish last few races - add rain - thought oh no here we go - then bam Stroll nails it. Massa is never good in the wet so for him that was a good performance. We should hopefully be fast enough in a straight line to keep a few behind us.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 20:36
Strong pace throughout the whole practice in the wet in intermediate and wet conditions, im cannot remember something like this. I think hulk in brasil manage to ge a pole , but that was a question of luck and timing. Cross fingers. We desperately need the points

tomazy (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 20:44
Quote:
Gwanni
Strong pace throughout the whole practice in the wet in intermediate and wet conditions, im cannot remember something like this. I think hulk in brasil manage to ge a pole , but that was a question of luck and timing. Cross fingers. We desperately need the points

Sorry for pointing this out, but his is a common missconseption of that pole by Hulk. He was the last one to get a lap in yes, but his previous lap was also good enought for pole position. So it was not all down to timing.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 21:48
Quote:
phatjack
Today Williams looked like a completive team ... I too must admit Stroll looked promising for a while.

FOR A WHILE!!! FFS!! All qually!

Duffer (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 22:02
Ther will be no points i am afraid. If they compromised setup, that is ridiculous. They might as well line up on the grid pointing the cars the wrong way, that is how fast they will drop positions. Stroll in particular.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net