Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lance Stroll. Suck it up chaps.
Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 23:21
You do not do THAT in a Williams in the wet unless you have talent to spare.

Haha.

Funny old game this.

Told you so? Yes I and a few others did.

Re: Lance Stroll. Suck it up chaps.
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 01:46
Totally agree. He must have talent but he just lacks the ability to apply it consistently and that will come with time.

TMT (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 03:04
Stroll is better than what I thought.

forcedown (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 04:07
Are we have wet race???? He show he is wet master!!!

SehnKhan (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 05:19
His performance in Qualifying was surely something to smile about.

Across his season, it does appear that he has ironed out many of his deficiencies but still progress to be made. The result in Monza Qualifying will be a huge boost to his confidence (much like the Azerbaijan Race Result).

Let's see how his race runs today.

Was also impressed with Ocon - that young man has a massive future in the sport (looking beyond his incidents with Perez this year). Some exciting talent in F1 at the moment.

http://i66.tinypic.com/fks0li.jpg

SehnKhan & WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING - Together Since 1989

Duffer (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 05:48
I call bullsh@t. Simply tyres in their window for some reason or another. If it was skill he would not be over half a second per lap on massa every weekend.

He will not finish in the points is a dry race. I think williams softened the suspension, increased the ride height and loaded up the wing for the wet.

Flattering, but disastrous in the dry. Watch them with their high power merc donk get attacked on the straights.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

AlanJones (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 06:34
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

Talented? Yes. Debuted too soon? Yes. Made stupid mistakes? Hell yes. Still needs to improve? Without a doubt.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Mehryar (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 07:29
Speedtrap figures don't show he had much more wings, but still he can be on a wet setup.
A drop back to 6th-7th looks like a certanity even if he's having a clean start.those Ferraris and Redbulls look so much faster in dry.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

MViper (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 07:54
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

Talented? Yes. Debuted too soon? Yes. Made stupid mistakes? Hell yes. Still needs to improve? Without a doubt.

Agreed. But would like to add:

Be patient with the young man and give him time to mature (2-3 seasons): Yes, he deserves it.

Williams Martini Racing

TMT (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 07:58
Quote:
Mehryar
Speedtrap figures don't show he had much more wings, but still he can be on a wet setup.
A drop back to 6th-7th looks like a certanity even if he's having a clean start.those Ferraris and Redbulls look so much faster in dry.

The Red Bulls have big grid penalties so I don't think they will threaten Williams in the race but Ferrari will.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 09:20
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
You do not do THAT in a Williams in the wet unless you have talent to spare.
Haha.

Funny old game this.

Damon Hill and Jonny Herbert expressed exactly that view. They should know. Come on Lance!!!

gpl (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 09:21
Well Massa is saying dry setup almost intact so will go with that.

Did the the team change anything overnight after going through all fridays data???.

Stint pace was equal 4th.

Could be a nice battle with Force Indias and the Bulls for 5th and 8th today
Bulls will come through the pack they have better race pace might be there
for the second half of the race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 09:24 by gpl.

phatjack (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 09:58
Looking forward to the start, that will determine if Lance has the balls. We know Ocon does.

andy si (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 10:04
Start will be extremely interesting.. young chargers and seasoned veterans.
Could prove an exploding mix.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 10:50
Anything better than Hulk's start in Brazil 2010 will be a reward.Those few laps were shable, cars overtaking him from everywhere! This year, gap in performance will be even bigger with cars behind.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 08:07
Quote:
Duffer
I call bullsh@t. Simply tyres in their window for some reason or another. If it was skill he would not be over half a second per lap on massa every weekend.
He will not finish in the points is a dry race. I think williams softened the suspension, increased the ride height and loaded up the wing for the wet.

Flattering, but disastrous in the dry. Watch them with their high power merc donk get attacked on the straights.

Not quite the disaster you were predicting. The new factory Merc engine has clearly made a big step and we didn't have it so we were never going to hold BOT back. Maybe could have put up a better fight against Ferrari but really, with DRS they were going to get us at some point. Shame Ocon was braver at the start but fair enough, Lance probably needs some steady finishes more than he does. Other than that, RIK got by on sheer speed and strategy.

Aside from maybe not being aggressive enough with Ocon, he drove a perfectly good race given the car and bought in as many points as anyone else aside from HAM, VET, ALO, RIK etc. would have done.

A proper Grand Prix driver now.

phatjack (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 10:54
Ozzy, the boy put in a good performance. Nothing spectacular nor something that deserves more than a mere mention on the local news.

Instinctively he does not share what other Canadian drivers brought to F1 and that's perhaps why I don't share your opinion.

As an example there is this other Canadian 18 year old who has caught the imagination of many on this side of pond and his name is Denis Shapovalov.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 11:08 by phatjack.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 11:33
Quote:
phatjack
Ozzy, the boy put in a good performance. Nothing spectacular nor something that deserves more than a mere mention on the local news.
Instinctively he does not share what other Canadian drivers brought to F1 and that's perhaps why I don't share your opinion.

As an example there is this other Canadian 18 year old who has caught the imagination of many on this side of pond and his name is Denis Shapovalov.

Did you watch Lance in F3? He was pretty awesome. I put his faltering start in F1 down to maybe being a little too inexperienced and also the sheer physical effort required of these new cars. He certainly over-drove in the early days. The fact he has got a handle on that is encouraging.

Things stand out sometimes. Putting in that quali performance in the wet in Monza in a Williams. Some drivers will NEVER do that, never mind in their rookie season. Putting the car on the podium where it had no business. Some drivers will NEVER do that either, let alone in F1. You have to pick up these little things. Ocon shows the same flashes of brilliance and arguably has had a much better and steadier start than Stroll.

But I'm happy that he's the real deal. Also very happy with the way he handles pressure. I think we will see good things from him in the future and I recon Canada should be proud of him.

Not sure who this Terry Pavlova bloke you speak of is. Is he any good? Sounds like a fruit cake to me.

gpl (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 11:41
Stroll performs when the 40 does what is supposed to do.
He can not drive round compensate with a poor car like a Massa can a yet

The Lad did good and the car was ok this time out

Lets hope it the qualie performance/weather conditions has given them a clue to its problems/faults.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 11:42 by gpl.

phatjack (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 11:50
Ozzy, the fanboy in you isn't flattering. I suppose that between feeding chicken's and using F3 as an argument to make a point, Lance has caught your imagination. I like the friendly banter you dish out, misguided but I like organic chickens. This guys ozzes charisma and looks nothing like a fish or make believe super hero. Genuine.

https://s26.postimg.org/3t605mfvt/3621822000000578-0-image-a-19_1468161697542.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 11:54 by phatjack.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net