Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Italian GP - Race
TMT (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 14:52
Ricciardo has it all over Verstappen...Verstappen is just too erratic and too impatient.

TMT (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 15:58
Verstappen is poisonous damaged goods and his stocks are way down.

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 16:00
Paddy Lowe, Chief Technical Officer: From the start, it was a very different day than yesterday. The sun was shining and there was a big Italian crowd, so you could feel we were building up to a good race. It was quite a special feeling to be on the front row looking down the long straight into the first corner. Both drivers got good starts, but unfortunately Lance lost a position to Ocon, and the race settled down from there. I think we had slightly stronger pace than Force India today. We could have potentially got back ahead of Ocon but uncharacteristically, we had a small problem with Lance’s pitstop. Lance pushed hard but wasn’t able to get ahead, so in the end he finished seventh with Felipe right behind him on track in eighth. It’s a valuable 10 points that we really need at this stage in the championship, so congratulations to the team who have done a great job back at the factory and at the circuit this weekend, and well done to the drivers who drove very consistent races to bring home the points for us.

Tazio Nuvolari (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 17:51
What a unexpected good result from the team. Don't know where this came from, but it was good to see us fighting again with the FI's. Hope they have found something fundamental which has made the car faster. The car looked good whole weekend, in dry AND wet!

"Gilles was the last great driver. The rest of us are just a bunch of good professionals." -- Alain Prost

Mehryar (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 19:08
I think it's more likely to be track related than unlocking a hidden potential.Singapore will be the real test.if we can fight for points there, then a real change has happened.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Damon96 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 19:47
It was a good result - not sure why they didn't swap Massa & stroll just to see if Massa could have got Ocon. However this is a pure power circuit so we finished were you would expect - next race Singapore - that is were we need the new gearbox suspension to see some improvements.

Mr. Pink (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 21:08
Interesting weekend for sure. I can't remember the last time Williams were fast in dry and wet. The only issue is that they do not know why they were fast in the wet! That tells me nothing has changed and we could again stay in Q1 in Singapore.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8830/logoqz0.gif
Sir Frank: "It's what we do, we love doing it. It's like oxygen, it fixes you".

Rumblestrip (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 21:47
What a frustrating race. We had better downforce but at the expense of straight line speed as we ran more wing. In comparison the Red Bulls were rocket ships with a tiny rear wing. Stroll started well but immediately bogged down and demonstrated how to not overtake 53 times, instead of just plunging into the chicane and then hammering the brake. Riccardo was the star - such smooth and immediate overtakes, no vacillating.

No claims of upgrades from the team so I think there has been no new suspension or gearbox as of yet.

The worrying thing was the radio silence from the pit wall when we needed some cool strategy calls. Massa did brilliantly to repeatedly block Perez on last lap, but one of our cars should have passed Ocon an eternity before that.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 09:01
I'm not sure we can blame Stroll for being cautious. Ocon has been in numerous crashes this year, mostly not his fault but he is quickly building a rep. for being a hard racer. Very impressed with him though. He must have cost Perez any hope of a top drive now.

Anyway, I guess it's possible that Massa could have had a go but let's face it, he's hardly the last of the late breakers. If we had a RIK or HAM in the other car I would have said swap positions and let the other guy have a go but as it was, Lance did have a bit of a go but made sure he got the car home and I think that does him and the team a lot of good at the moment. Very easy to go from good weekend to a bad one for the sake of a few points.

So I think Lance did a really good job. Certainly held his own in the face and kept up with the pace. No real chance to hold back the Mercs or Ferraris and RIK was superb in the race.

VER.....what is he up to? Could take a lesson from Stroll on common sense and bringing it home. Finally gets reliability and then throws it all away.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 09:59
It was Massa's fault if I'm being honest Ozzy.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Myvatn (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 10:59
Quote:
Mehryar
I think it's more likely to be track related than unlocking a hidden potential.Singapore will be the real test.if we can fight for points there, then a real change has happened.
surely the track has suited our cars since 2014, but we were competitive also in the wet and this is definitely something new.

Gunk (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 11:50
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I'm not sure we can blame Stroll for being cautious. Ocon has been in numerous crashes this year, mostly not his fault but he is quickly building a rep. for being a hard racer. Very impressed with him though. He must have cost Perez any hope of a top drive now.

Kimi struggled to pass Ocon on the track. Ocon is now just a couple of points behind Perez in the WDC and at this rate looking to finish ahead.

We know Renault want him but . . . Merc might prefer to keep him where he is a Bottas replacement. On the other hand, they want to place Wehrlein somewhere. Some chat at the weekend about Renault getting Sainz as the fallout of the STR Honda deal - should it happen. It would probably suit a lot of people if Perez went to Williams.

On the other hand, if Merc do an Ocon to Renault loan for Wehrlein to FI, I think there's a chance of Sainz.

gpl (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 11:55
Moved to Realistic update thread.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 14:30 by gpl.

Rumblestrip (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 17:40
@Ozzy,
Very true, Stroll brought the points home. Maybe in Italy he couldn't hear my shouting at him, especially as I was watching four hours later.(Sm112)

Verstappen is just too impatient isn't he? If Massa hadn't played a blinder and roughed up Max's car, we would have finished p8 and p9. Accidental foul, Ref.

Felipe very lucky he didn't swipe Alonso.

Duffer (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 10:42
Probably Massa's fault, but he has form. I think Verstappen does need to play a longer game. Has is oozing raw pace, now needs to harness the energy a little better. He tries to win every race in the first 3 laps.

I am sure he will change it up for the rest of the season and outscore Danny Ric, but he does need to learn a little. He will...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

TMT (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 11:22
Who will finish higher in the 2017 WDC...Ricciardo or Verstappen?

AlanJones (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 12:16
My grandma.

TMT (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 13:09
Quote:
AlanJones
My grandma.

No just out of Ricciardo & Verstappen? just them two drivers who will finish higher in the 2017 WDC Ricciardo or Verstappen?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 13:26 by TMT.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 13:28
My grandma. As I've said before. You're not listening are you?

TMT (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 13:31
Quote:
AlanJones
My grandma. As I've said before. You're not listening are you?

There are currently no female drivers in F1 so how on earth can your grandma get any WDC points.

You idiot AJ.

AJ = (Sm8)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net