Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My last post - cheers all
Stuart L (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 06:11
Just a little post. It's to wish you all the best but equally to say goodbye. Ten years plus of reading this board daily and sharing all things Williams.

Had a huge respect for PGJ and occasional poster Peter L. Loved going to Williams with Beatrix, and enjoyed meeting Gav at Silverstone this year. Had never spoken to an Iranian until Mehyrar who I like as well. Most of allAndrew who's been a constant. Sorry if I haven't named others.

Like many I am frustrated at the reinvention / reappearance of Whitey, equally gpl who I respect as a fan you don't help by calling him brain dead and could be a bit more sensitive to what is a medical condition. Many of us (me included) are not immune from stirring the pot / controversy but I have to say that Phatjack seems to take constant pleasure from taking an anti position to people.

Reality is this is no longer a fun forum for Williams enthusiasts but has become significantly disrupted by a few. Saying is a few bad apples spoils the barrel.

I am not getting pleasure any more from having to scan threads to spot good discussion from disruption, so time is right to move on.

So I hope the board continues. I agree with free speech, but if someone was this disruptive in class or parliament they would be removed and that is not barring free speech just simply having a behaviour standard.

All the best

Stuart

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 06:15 by Stuart L.

Re: My last post - cheers all
TMT (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 07:01
Very sad to see you go Stuart, Hope you come back one day.

All the best...Cheers.

gpl (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 07:13
Hi mate.

Andrew should of nipped this in the bud a long time ago
But he seems very reluctant to ban this guy.

All i will say is stick with it next year could be big we are due a break
Paddy and his new team maybe Robert K and i am sure stroll can drive well
when you give him a car that can perform and not just make up the numbers.

But if you need a break away that is fine but if we get a good car next year
please come back mate.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 07:17 by gpl.

williams4284 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 07:15
TMT - You can come over with million excuses, but the reality is that you are a sad thing. Thanks for your contribution in ruining this board. every thread is littered with your none sense. By the way - never mind to change your name you can post as Whitey.

What a disgrace.

TMT (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 07:21
Quote:
williams4284
TMT - You can come over with million excuses, but the reality is that you are a sad thing. Thanks for your contribution in ruining this board. every thread is littered with your none sense. By the way - never mind to change your name you can post as Whitey.
What a disgrace.

Don't be like that williams4284, I'm not all that bad, come on mate, What is this gang up and pick on TMT day?

TMT (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 07:44
If I leave will you stay Stuart? If it means you guys will stay if I leave I will just leave.

Without posters like Duffer, phatjack & myself this place would just be a big Williams love in.

Anyway I will leave, you stay Stuart & other posters that don't like me.

Bye (Sm150)

gpl (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:15
If only just go.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:18
I first need to see Whitey leave before I believe it. But I agree upon Stuart's motivation. It has witheld me lately from being enthusiastic on the board as well and it caused me even becoming sour in some replies that didn't make any sense.
Hopefully you fare well Stu. Thanks for all the good times.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

phatjack (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 09:50
Stuart, I think over a few beers you would find we agree on many issues. Where we seem to disagree is however this, free speech to you means being politically correct whilst political incorrectness is not.

Best of luck to you mate. No harm, no foul!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 10:14 by phatjack.

K1 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 10:22
@ Stuart l....I fully understand your decision. I too left this board for quite a long time for the exact same reasons. I have been posting here on and off for 12 years, ever since Webber joined in 2005 and i had followed Williams ever since the team was originally formed. This and a couple of other sportsnetwork boards were good but they were slowly strangled by consistent trolling and posters who were determined to vent their bile on a daily basis.Some still do!!!!

Take your time pal. You'll know soon enough if your decision was the right one.

TMT (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 12:24
Quote:
phatjack
Stuart, I think over a few beers you would find we agree on many issues. Where we seem to disagree is however this, free speech to you means being politically correct whilst political incorrectness is not.
Best of luck to you mate. No harm, no foul!

Sadly phat there seems to be no free speech allowed on this message board if the die hard Williams fans have their way.

TMT (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 12:26
Quote:
TMT
If I leave will you stay Stuart? If it means you guys will stay if I leave I will just leave.
Without posters like Duffer, phatjack & myself this place would just be a big Williams love in.

Anyway I will leave, you stay Stuart & other posters that don't like me.

Bye (Sm150)

Only joking (Sm7)

TMT (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 12:50
I know this is not the Williams car but have you guys seen the new winged sharks fin on the Force India car?

P.S

Damn...after this thread I feel like I have to tippy toe around this message board.

PABLO 27 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 16:38
Yes...I've been posting here since 2008...not a lot in the recent years...but this looks very strange like a Red Bull forum and very strange comments, because there are not a lot of different teams forum all their "fans" came here and say what they want...

http://i45.tinypic.com/2evb1aw.jpg

GO TEAM WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mehryar (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 17:07
Sad to see another good one is leaving just as I don't see Crusty, PGJ, Steven or B and recently no news from Gunk and Fransesc too...I've been around here since 03 and we had tons of great posters comming in and leaving, but to see some run away because of trolls, it's another story...this is what will happen to the few who are left.hope Stuart will be back after a short break.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

phatjack (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 18:49
Quote:
Mehryar
Sad to see another good one is leaving just as I don't see Crusty, PGJ, Steven or B and recently no news from Gunk and Fransesc too...I've been around here since 03 and we had tons of great posters comming in and leaving, but to see some run away because of trolls, it's another story...this is what will happen to the few who are left.hope Stuart will be back after a short break.

Bullsh1t, as a poster over at AA since 1999 this couldn't be further from the truth. Boards die because a differing opinion is not welcomed or people move on.

I do understand and can accept why posters may have stopped posting here but yet they post over at AA under the same guise.

For Stuart, my only regret was not meeting someone you did, yet you felt the need to poke fun at or as they say across the pond (in jest) because of sexual orientation and then have the nerve to applaud them here. I don't begrudge you but please don't pretend you are somewhat better than the rest of us. Because i'll be the first to call you or anyone on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 18:50 by phatjack.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 19:09
Interestingly you are sticking to a forum which you label most posts as "Bull$hit" !
Serious mental illness...Makes me really ashamed to be 7.5 billion total population of the world with you.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

phatjack (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 20:10
No, I singled your post out as bullsh1t. It's a small world on the internet. though? Maybe we can come to some agreement, I accept what you post and in turn you accept what I write. sometimes we may agree other times maybe not so.

Stuart won't respond because I caught him with his pants down. I say that it in a nice way because from the day I came to this board, I thought he was larger than life. Surprise?

I like to exchange opinions with people like yourself Mehryar because it makes me a better person. I think at the end of day when you stop learning you start dieing. Anyone can run and hide.

Andrew I do apologize in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 20:16 by phatjack.

williams4284 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 20:54
the problem here is not differing opinions.... its trolling and littering with non sense comments. One has to shift pages of comments to spot a handful of worthy ones.

Damon96 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 21:20
It is when you get to the forum and see every single topic last comment is by the same person and you know none of them will be sensible. Anyway hope you stick around - unlike Autosport this forum had a more active Williams section and more sensible / less fanboy discussions on the rest of what was happening in F1 - just needs less trolling.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net