f1
Latest News:

2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Renault terminate contract with Red Bull from end of next season!
TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:07
Renault terminate contract with Red Bull from end of next season casting doubt on future of Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

That is interesting!

Re: Renault terminate contract with Red Bull from end of next season!
AlanJones (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:12
Well it's not that dramatic and it is something one saw coming before. The timing is also quite on spot. So it's interesting that Renault wants out and not Red Bull Racing (for a change), but nothing more.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:23
Quote:
AlanJones
Well it's not that dramatic and it is something one saw coming before. The timing is also quite on spot. So it's interesting that Renault wants out and not Red Bull Racing (for a change), but nothing more.

I think it is more!

It show that Red Bull - the sponsor is moving out of F1!

And a nice sunset for Red Bull Team in F1 smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 08:44 by TerraNova19.

K1 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:23
@ Alan Jones.....It all depends on where you read this latest report. I have read one which says that Renault want to terminate at the end of the current contract which is 2020! I guess that all will be revealed rather soon but ATM i don't know which one to believe.

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:32
Quote:
K1
@ Alan Jones.....It all depends on where you read this latest report. I have read one which says that Renault want to terminate at the end of the current contract which is 2020! I guess that all will be revealed rather soon but ATM i don't know which one to believe.

"It all depends on where you read this latest report." - I think you could mention your source! That will be fair!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 08:43 by TerraNova19.

phatjack (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:36
Riccardo's contract is up next year and he is on record as stating he wants a winning car.

So Renault threatening to terminate the contract early while failing to deliver changes what?

AlanJones (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 08:54
PJ same goes for Verstappen who will move to Mercedes.
But TN, Red Bull wanting out, is a story that is at least as old as St. Paul's Cathedral. But since there is Honda who is going to STR, it wouldn't be too blunt to think Honda shifting towards Red Bull Racing one day and indeed make it a works team. Honda could do the same with STR, but if you had the choice between the factory and people of RBR or STR to start your team again? I know what I would pick. Certainly now that your engine department finally has its factory in the UK. You don't go all in on a trip to Faenza.

TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 09:09
For naysayers:

[twitter.com]

[en.f1i.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 09:13 by TerraNova19.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 09:12
As I've said winking smiley

K1 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 10:14
@ terra nova 19....That would be fair? what are you on about. Use your search engine if you want to dispute my rather vague comment. Read Autosport. They said that the contract was understood to run until 2020 although not publically confirmed.There was much conjecture earlier on that that they were contracted until the new engine specs were introduced. Let's see where this all pans out....Is that fair enough?

phatjack (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 10:31
Red Bull extended the contract for an additional 2 years. It expires at the end of 2018.

[www.crash.net]

TMT (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 12:39
Quote:
phatjack
Red Bull extended the contract for an additional 2 years. It expires at the end of 2018.
[www.crash.net]

So Red Bull will only have Renault engines for one more year, that's actually good I don't mind that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net