Current Page: 1 of 2
Japan: Saturday FP3 & Qualifying
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 04:15
I really don't expect much from today.

Re: Japan: Saturday FP3 & Qualifying
Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 06:12
Waiting for the qualy to start Andrew, 11th for Massa whith some luck i'll sqeeze into Q3 , it will be harder for Stroll.

williams4284 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 07:21
stroll out :/

07 October, 2017 07:28
Hamilton is flying 1.27.8

gpl (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 07:35
Yes he is looking fast here

07 October, 2017 07:38
Massa 9th not bad behind the two FI.

gpl (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 07:56
Maybe we have decent race pace but i still see FI faster they had a second on us in the last race and Mclaren half a second looking at scraps again this weekend.

Gunk (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 08:14
Better than expected from Massa. Mercedes grunt seems to count here. Lewis ever more amazing . . . the FI's are quicker but should be an easy run to a couple of points.

SchuMassa (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 08:55
Well, Massa proved once again that he deserves some respect.

To remind you:

Q1:

Felipe MASSA: 1:30.352
Lance STROLL: 1:31.409 (+1.057)

It was a similar margin in FP3. And you are still whining about Felipe's qualities...

Stuart L (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 09:12
Schu massa. Felipe has respect. He's been chosen by this team for 4 years and has done a solid job for us in terms of driving and is an excellent sponsor ambassador.

But this team needs shaking up a bit. It's a commercial enterprise dependent on sponsorship and fair to say the team needs to show sponsors a direction which can't always be the status quo.

For me the Felipe Williams story is coming to a close. Both parties have benefited from it. Over the next two weeks the team are collecting data on two alternative drivers and will then interpret that data on driver performance and sponsor commercial considerations to choose who will drive alongside Stroll.

We can't argue against stroll. That isn't the comparison. He is in the team because as a private enterprise it needs his dollars. Felipe doesn't drive for free. He is paid 6 to 10 million dollars a year and at that level he should outperform stroll. Reality is he isn't managing to do that consistently and most supporters here believe a top line driver would find a few more tenths a lap, and rightbteam explores alternatives.

williams4284 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 09:18
spot on Stuart L

Gunk (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 09:20
Quote:
SchuMassa
Well, Massa proved once again that he deserves some respect.
To remind you:

Q1:

Felipe MASSA: 1:30.352
Lance STROLL: 1:31.409 (+1.057)

It was a similar margin in FP3. And you are still whining about Felipe's qualities...

A dead cat would be quicker than Stroll. His one lap pace is still woeful. I think if I were Lawrence I'd bring in Trulli as a consultant.

Edit to add: Gap to Massa was average. Stroll was blocked in Q1 by both Gasly and Perez.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2017 09:53 by Gunk.

massathebest (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 09:51
#MassaFor2018

07 October, 2017 10:31
Quote:
massathebest
#MassaFor2018

His he a candidate on the brazilian presidential elections?

Back to F1, Massa's days are well passed.

Even giving him the seat for 2018 and giving him the motivation he beat Robert to the seat, that would last 2 or 3 races next year the rest of the championship we would see the norma Massa dragging the car around.

rrafekaj (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 10:58
If we compare Massa and Bottas in 2016 there was no comparison.

It would be interesting to see how Bottas would have faired against Massa in a Williams this year - bearing in mind what Smedly said about Massa being more comfortable on these tyres.

I can't quantify exactly how, but i have a gut feeling Massa would have been a match for Bottas this year.

On a whole i've been happy with Massa this year. That's not to say he shouldn't go at the end of the year but he has shown that some rookies don't always land on their wings, experience really counts for a lot and he's still quite quick.

Lance should go to Sauber for a year of finishing school, in the meantime Williams should find a proper sponsor and get some known talent.. (someone old enough to drink Martini).
My choice in an ideal world would have been Carlos S. Hulk or even Ocon... or try to persuade Rosberg to return.
Alonso would be great too but he does bring a lot of media baggage and expectation.. + he's old enough to be going off the boil now.

Choice is very limited now.

I still foolishly think Hamilton will drive for Williams when he's done at Mercedes. ha ah ah

gpl (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 11:19
bUMP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2017 11:22 by gpl.

forcedown (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 12:36
Have anyone see the word "sia" at the back of FW40? What is that? Airasia or what? Any detil?

Stuart L (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 13:56
Sia is the spinal injuries association and is the long term partner charity for Williams. Claire Williams is its patron nowadays.

Stuart L (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 14:20
Do we hVe a reader or poster here who loves searching Williams photos on the internet and who can post photos of latest updates on a regular basis here. You will be very appreciated

Stu69 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 14:40
Just catching up on qually. Lance was very unlucky, blocked then red flag at end of q1 spoiled it for him!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net