f1
Latest News:

2018 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Damon Hill Drives 'The Beast' FW11 at Suzuka as part of Williams 40th anniversary celebrations
Stuart L (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 17:43
I was really pleased to see a Williams 40th birthday static display and track parade at Suzuka. Further evidence of Williams with the support of Formula One confidently pushing their brand of one of the three long term continuous teams in F1.

Sky sports F1 did a five minute feature pre the race in the Uk of Damon driving the 1986 fw11 which they titled The Beast. Very well linked to some of the great overtaking moves of the era, mansell on Piquet at Silverstone 87 and at Brands Hatch the year before, and the time when he was spat into the tyres injuring his back at Suzuka.

I suspect this FW11 might belong to Honda, all the mechanics had Hondor Motor Tokyo overalls on, so this might not be Williams own heritage car. Does anyone know otherwise.

This is the Williams car I have most wanted to see run in the flesh (together with the 1992 active car), but it was static at the Williams 40th at Silverstone. Know Williams has one fired up about 12 months ago (saw it on dickie stanfords twitter feed) but it appeared one cylinder wasn't working.

Lovely to see its chunky look, classic yellow blue white with red Canon look, and sit up exposed head and shoulder driving position, and indeed to see Damon struggling with a manual gear shift. Love the basic turbo 'fart note'.

For me Williams is increasingly confident in its brand. What I like about them is they never slag off a supplier / engine partner, so the ability to rebuild relationships is ever present.

Hope canon executives were watching, please come back.

Sorry I don't know how to post links here, but google damon hill fw11 Suzuka and you should find some videos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 17:46 by Stuart L.

Re: Damon Hill Drives 'The Beast' FW11 at Suzuka as part of Williams 40th anniversary celebrations
phatjack (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 23:15
Bump

I feel sad your posts don't get more attention.

Re: Damon Hill Drives 'The Beast' FW11 at Suzuka as part of Williams 40th anniversary celebrations
Stuart L (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 05:50
Thanks Phat, my ego has been suitably stroked. I was very interested in this running of such a historic car and wanted to share it.

phatjack (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 08:19
Come on blokes, Stuart attempts to engage, writes articles for the forum and some are prone to attack others for attempting the same.

Fucken @#$%& you lot are.

Duffer (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 23:58
What is there to say? It is information. It is just there. If nobody comments it is a reflection on the interest level of the topic, not an attack on stuart.

You do love to try to brew stuff up phatty. Mybe you killed this thread accidently?

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

andy si (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 10:05
It was a good attempt to re-engage some of our former racing partners. Why not! Well thought out this.
I started following this team when Mansell was throwing around his active suspension rig.
And these cars were beasts just before Renault came up with their legendary 10 cilinder!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net