Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Massa confirms retirement
SehnKhan (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 11:40
Felipe Massa just confirmed via Social media (Instagram) that he is definitely retiring from Formula 1 at the end of this season.

http://i66.tinypic.com/fks0li.jpg

SehnKhan & WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING - Together Since 1989

Re: Massa confirms retirement
SchuMassa (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:11
Obrigado Felipe!

SchuMassa (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:12
I think Williams took a bad decision. I hope the seat goes to Wehrlein.

Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:25
Good decision both from Williams and Felipe.
Massa's job was apreciated but it's time to move on.

Marco Cardoso

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong again.

williams4284 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:30
Quote:
Marco Cardoso
Good decision both from Williams and Felipe.
Massa's job was apreciated but it's time to move on.

same thoughts exactly

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:38
So something has progressed behind the scenes. Until a few days ago Massa was saying he's happy to continue and it's all up to Williams. Interesting

Domi96 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:44
Quote:
EagleF1
So something has progressed behind the scenes. Until a few days ago Massa was saying he's happy to continue and it's all up to Williams. Interesting
My opinion he just didn't won't to wait and be backup while Williams evaluate Kubica post Interlagos and see what happens with that,and Williams ultimately has other alternatives.

K1 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 13:26
Basically i'm tired of Massa. He's like Barichello who hung around far too long and was an embarrassment to allin the end. Just go Massa, thanks for the effort but time to move on.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 13:56
He did good to hisself with publishing retirement before being left in air till Abu Dhabi.
I just hope we won't see the same story of last year in Brazil.jokes are already made about it.
Btw, One step closer to Kubica.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Duffer (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 14:01
The guy crashed out and went on like a world champ. Finger thunmb sign, yaaaaaay.

Tool.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Damon96 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 14:10
I think he wants to enjoy Brazil knowing where he will stand - he must know in his heart that he's not number one choice and looking unlikely to be so he's gone. Fair play to him.

2016 he wasn't great and his time was up, but this year I don't think you could have asked more from him, he's been solid and as usual with Massa a bit unlucky.

Duffer (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 14:14
He did not retire you goose. He was told by williams they have found somebody else. He announced like a retirement, but he surely wants to go on. He does not have a choice in this matter.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

04 November, 2017 14:23
Well this year he won't get a FW40 from Williams as a retirement gift, there are parts that will go for next years car and he already took an FW38. Maybe a miniature fw40 as a goodbye gift.

Marco Cardoso

Francesc (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 15:00
Finally! Probably Williams offered him a new contract with a huge paycut but thankfully he only cares about money so he didn't accept.

Stuart L (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 15:16
Suggests to me we have made our driver decision and contracts are signed. Let Felipe announce his retirement and take a lot of news coverage. Pause a week then announce new driver and get even more coverage.

For me we are going with Kubica with one of wehrlein or Krystal as reserve driver and di rests is out.

04 November, 2017 17:53
Quote:
Stuart L
Suggests to me we have made our driver decision and contracts are signed. Let Felipe announce his retirement and take a lot of news coverage. Pause a week then announce new driver and get even more coverage.
For me we are going with Kubica with one of wehrlein or Krystal as reserve driver and di rests is out.

That's my bet too.

Marco Cardoso

j-s (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 17:57
Best wishes to Felipe. He did what he had to do. Good guy.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 20:23
Best news ever!!

Gwanni (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 20:30
Although Massa is a decent driver but he never was my favorite. I will thank him for the dedication and attachment he showed to our team, but at the same time to end this relationship. Now bring a solid driver, ideally Robert

andy si (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 21:30
Out with the old, in with the not so old..

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net