Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Paddy Lowe FW41
GPL (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 12:06
i have not really followed his career

how good is he

Can he do it with the team he has round him now
or will he need extra help with more brain power/ideas.

Re: Paddy Lowe FW41
Gunk (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 12:42
Quote:
gpl
how good is he

Maybe we'll never know.

Noneb of the candidate drivers seem to be any quicker than Massa.

Carinni (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 01:38
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
gpl
how good is he

Maybe we'll never know.

Noneb of the candidate drivers seem to be any quicker than Massa.

Massa had done an amazing job in 2017, sure had extracted the most from the car. But nobody knows what will happen in a 2018 car, maybe one of the candidates can be faster than massa in a 2018 car, different car will give different results. But never we will know the answer.

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 01:41
The fundamental issue that Williams had in 2017 was not their drivers but the 2017 FW40, a car that simply did not deliver across all the circuits. It was a car that performed well at certain circuits but across the season struggled. Compare that to say the Mercedes they had a car even with some issues at certain tracks delivered pretty well across the season.

If Williams can not design and build a car that performs in the same way well 2018 will again be a season of poor results with the occasional good race despite who is driving it.

tomazy (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 17:27

j-s (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 21:08
When's the launch date, anybody know?

Car launches are always a lot of fun. Sometimes it's the best part of the season

GPL (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 21:16
I guess it will be at the first test day.

tomazy (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 21:43
I love the excitement of seeing new cars for the first time and testing period. I just hope that there will be a lap by lap live testing site. The first test day is 26th of February.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 21:44
The big question is if we have the budget to develop over the season. Something we have failed at for so long.

GPL (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 10:04
I would like to see an interesting complex risky design from us this time instead
of the simple bland things that have come out of the factory
for god knows how long.

GPL (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 10:31
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
The big question is if we have the budget to develop over the season. Something we have failed at for so long.

One of the problems is or has been that we come out of the box with such a
basic generic design we are like 6 months behind in development
before the car has turned a single wheel, Williams have got so bloody lazy
in there expectation it is offensive to my mind and eye.

The only thing Williams seem to concentrate on is the bloody front wing boring
waste of money time and effort.

We really need Paddy and his team to go all out and push the limits playing
safe is never going to win anything
I don,t care if it overheats or a part breaks every 5 laps that can always be sorted but
we need to be brave again and i hope beleive Paddy is the man to show this.

Force india have done a lot better job than us with a lot less money
They have made us look foolish in terms of car and driver develoment
Perez is a good solid driver Ocon could go all the way.
it is all about ideas and faith then money not the other way round.

Damon96 (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 16:08
This statement worries me a bit:
"People are very busy with the car," said Lowe. "There's lots of work to do and some things are a bit late unfortunately.

I'm sure most teams are in a similar situation but you don't hear it mentioned, I think this is a - things might not look as good as we hoped initially as the complete package isn't ready but we'll be sorted for Aus warning.

GPL (IP Logged)
06 January, 2018 19:36
Well it will keep them on there toes if Paddy thinks they are behind the curve in the final design build.
Paddy will get the team to push on.

K1 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 09:19
If Paddy Lowe cannot turn Williams around then it might just be time to pack it in and sell.Lowe has an impressive CV and he comes from perhaps one of the most dominant teams in F1 history. His knowledge and understanding of just what makes Mercedes tick is invaluable. What he maybe lacks is the strength in numbers of lead personnel and a budget to match. Being an engine customer is always going to be a millstone but Paddy will know pretty well when they are being stiffed! I have confidence in Lowe. He's quite a tough cookie and he knows which way is up which is more than i can say for some. Added to that is the fact that he's a shareholder so there is an added incentive to push hard so until we see the results of testing in March it i an open book and no manner of conjecture will prove anything different...

Mehryar (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 17:16
+1 K1 though I am abit more pessimistic over this.
You could say the same for Pat and he eventually finished with a downward spiral.
So there could be a need of more heads in the team than just one or two big names.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

K1 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 00:44
@Mehryar...Yes, that's what i alluded to. When Mercedes were putting together their F1 team it seemed as though they had employed just about anyone who is anyone at the team. It was quite impressive and has been the catalysts i believe in their rap[id rise to stardom and complete domination. Two chiefs for every indian hahahah I was very sceptical at that stage but, hey, look at the results!!!

As i said earlier, let's not look to sensational divination but wait and see what emerges in February. I guess one could take a pessimistic view based entirely on the past four years but i don't think Paddy Lowe would've jumped in had he not been confident of improving the results. Pat Symonds was not in the same league as Lowe so that would be a plus. It may well be another dull and boring performance but i'm not prepared to forecast that scenario due solely to the fact that changes at the 'practical top' are yet to be seen. On a personal note M based on what i've seen lately, keep your head down!

GPL (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 11:23
So has anyone any thoughts on what part of the car we are running behind the curve on.

Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 12:37
The FW40 was a very stiff car, hard on the curbs, very conservative desingn and low aerodinamics that's why the team needed all that extra front wing and triple t-wing designs to compensate for the lack of downforce the car produced and that implied less traction too.
I guess Paddy is on to those aspects to improve in this year car but all in all every other aspects need improvement, they always need to, it's F1 and you can't fall asleep.

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

AlanJones (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 00:19
Yeah, right..

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2018 14:58
Quote:
Damon96
This statement worries me a bit:
"People are very busy with the car," said Lowe. "There's lots of work to do and some things are a bit late unfortunately.

I'm sure most teams are in a similar situation but you don't hear it mentioned, I think this is a - things might not look as good as we hoped initially as the complete package isn't ready but we'll be sorted for Aus warning.

I'm sure its more to do with the integration of the Halo which came in late enough to @#$%& everyone off and give even the top teams some sleepless nights.

A lot of resources and weight distribution changes, plus some minor aero tweaks to the parts of the car just behind the device. Annoying enough to mean a lot of the talent pool would have dropped what they were doing to focus on the Halo.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net